It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Event Generator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ive just been loking at Dr. Roger Jahn from Princeton University small computer (the Random Event Generator or 'black box') and his investigate too whether the power of human thought alone could interfere in some way with the machine's usual readings.

FUTURE GLOBAL CONSCIOUSNESS

Does anybody have the circuit for the 'random generator' side of the circuit, type of generator or even the complete circuit diagram itself?

What do you make of this, it’s pretty new to me so apologies if it been covered in-depth before.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by northerngate]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Are they using a circuit? Or are they simply using a random variable function on a computer?

I suppose though, for it to be a controlled environment and to ensure against tampering, they would have to have it hard wired wouldn't they...

There are many ways to make a circuit that outputs random levels.
The most commonly found simply have an array of counters all triggering incredibly fast, such that when you halt the process to get a number it's randomized because there's no way to purposely halt each one at a number you want.

But even that might not be random enough for them.

That's a good question.
Random variable generators all rely on some form of ordered system in the end. I suppose the outcome of the experiments would rely completely on observed difference.

... I can see this winding up being an inconclusive experiment quite easily.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thats pretty amazing...

The idea of a computer projecting future events seems correctly seems unlikely...However, seeing as how the largest events in our history peaked on the scale just goes to show you that this particular computer may actually be able to predict some type of events.

Really skepticism aside...If things continue the way they are, we shouldn't be surprised to see that dot turn red or orange...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
There are many ways to make a circuit that outputs random levels.
The most commonly found simply have an array of counters all triggering incredibly fast, such that when you halt the process to get a number it's randomized because there's no way to purposely halt each one at a number you want.

It's not surprising that the the decision to halt the process that generates random events is left to the human brain -- the infallible source of unpredictability and chaos.

top topics

join