It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be proof that the poles are shifting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So I was reading several articles on ATS and other websites yesterday about the 194 whales that got beached on the coast of Australia. There have been several stories like this over the last year or so.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

www.radionetherlands.nl...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.caller.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Well here's what got me thinking about the pole shift. I was under the impression that whales could navigate with not only sound but with the magnetic field of the earth. This following article talks about how whales navigate.

www.pbs.org...

Along with their sonar, whales have other tricks they employ to keep themselves on track. Many researchers believe that whales and other migrating animals have a magnetic sense that helps them know which direction they're moving. Scientists know that a substance called biomagnitite helps many birds migrate by making them sensitive to changes in the earth's magnetic field. Cetaceans, the animal family to which whales belong, have biomagnitite in the retinas of their eyes, which may function in the same way.

The intensity of the earth's magnetic field fluctuates across the globe, and an animal able to sense these changes could potentially use them like a map. There is some evidence that toothed whales do this. Most magnetic field lines in the ocean run the same direction as the coastline. But in some places, they turn and run perpendicular to the shore. A whale riding this magnetic "road" might be more likely to strand in areas where the path turns. When researchers studied the magnetic field lines around beaches where groups of whales have repeatedly been found stranded, they found that in each instance, the magnetic paths turned shoreward.

So could the fact that so many whales have been beached over the last few years be an indication that the poles have already started to shift? Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very thought provoking. I doubt that the poles are shifting, and Im pretty sure that they would know not to go on land. But who am i to say

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
humans now have better sensors than wales -we can detect tiny changes in the magnetosphere so i'm sure we would know before the wales.

wales are probably suffering the sonar noise or ocean current shifts we have detected.

don't forget wales are only freak hippos, evolutionaryly they aren't great at being fish.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

I personally do not think the poles are shifting either. But I know a lot of people do think that is a possible theory so I figured I would pose the question. Hopefully I get a few good responses from individuals who do believe in the pole shifting theory.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Whales use sonar, so do dolphins. Oil and Gas exploration creates havoc on these guys. Even certain naval sonar was supposed to be outlawed because it was deemed harmful to whales. When they are doing the O and G stuff it causes extreme pain to whales in the area and they are going to run from it. It would hurt so badly that they would rather kill themselves on the beach then sit there and deal with the pain of it.

The poles are shifting we know that but thats so slow that its most likely not a big factor. If they were to shift fast the magnetics of the earth would shift in such a way that wed have 6 different poles with radiation getting in, in those areas. Youd see northern lights moving across the planet in 6 different places.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tgreen2103

tgreen, in my 35+ years of flying I have seen a handful of runway numbers changed.

What does that have to do with pole shifts? Well, airport runway numbers aren't arbitrary, the denote the magnetic heading of the runway, rounded up or down to the nearest ten. Example: A runway that was measured as 274.8 degrees would be designated 'RWY 27'. IF the alignment was, say, 275.2 degrees, it would be rounded up to 'RWY 28'. So, perhaps better surveying techniques would explain that, or maybe a tenth of a degree change now and then...pretty insignificant.

A shift, if it happened, of a mere few to several degrees would wreak havoc with navigational systems all over the world. AND, it would be noticed by Humans.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for your reply. I had no idea about the runway numbers. I have always wondered why those numbers didnt make sense to me. That does seem like a very logical need for planes and airports. Thanks for your input.

new topics

top topics

join