It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I will agree, the stimulus is crap. Never said I supported that.

What do I like? Social health care. You may not, but let me tell you that I have experienced it and I think that it works well. I do not like the way he is planning to tax to cover the cost. It is my opinion that the tax should be distributed as a uniformed percentage of income. You know, a flat tax.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I've looked around at many sites, and it looks like people like him as a speaker. Most seem to agree though, that his policies suck.

As far as medicine goes, all third-party payer systems are terrible. They take the consumer out of the picture and let someone else decide what treatment/care is "appropriate," and what price is "reasonable."

What if all our purchases were dictated by someone else: 'You don't really need that,' or 'This is how much you will pay, regardless of the market and competitors prices,' or 'You can only buy that from this vendor/provider?'

NO THANKS. I'll help myself always.

Give that up, and you're one step closer to a complete lack of autonomy. Our choices are limited enough already about what's good for us and what we can or can't buy.

I do not want Barack Obama telling me what's good for me!

jw

[edit on 6-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't want anyone deciding what is best for me, even Obama. I don't see myself as having a way out though. If Obama wasn't deciding what was good for me, it would be someone else.

Do I like Obama? Not really. However, I did like him better than my other option. I saw the election as either vote for Obama, or let McCain win. This was my first presidential election in a long time where I voted for one of the two main parties.

Third party health care...
I have 4 options for healthcare. And yes I do feel very fortunate.

Option 1: The Veterans Administration health care system. A type of socialized health care and in my opinion not really all that bad these days. The problem that I see is that the system is so full of patients and low on funds that they can be slow to provide adequate care. If you are sick and there is a treatment, they will provide it. The best health care from them comes when you do not have a pending disabilty claim.

Option 2: Tricare. This is the military health insurance. As a retiree it is no different than private health insurance for me. It is managed by a private company and they try not to pay for anything they can get away with. You have to fight for them to make a payment.

Option 3: An undisclosed private insurance company. They are expensive and they will not pay for everything. If they can get away without paying for something, they will not pay.

Option 4: Japanese health care system. A socialized health care system and not bad. If I have a problem, they will treat it. Never really had to wait too long and my needs are taken care of. There is no fighting to be treated. If you are sick and there is a treatment, they will provide it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
speaking of approval ratings i foun out the other day pelosi's was at 35%

the road obama is leading us down and the democrats is

making every decision in my life which i do not want..

i ask all of you do you really want the government to make every decision in your life for you. do you want to be told what you can or cant do who you can listen to who you cant what you do in your own homes what you cant do.......

i would say that none of us do. this is the path we are on right now and i ask you all how ? why did obama get elected?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Ya and Rasspuwten had Mccain surging ahead at the end...
just about as relevant as MSNBC

Gallup - Obama approval at 59% at the same time as the other poll.

It's now (at the time of this writing) at 67% approval.

21% of Americans approve of the direction the country is going

I'd like to know who those 21% are and I'd ask them .. ARE YOU CRAZY??

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This ship had holes in both ends and was sinking fast, It wouldn't matter if the big guy came off the cross to take over, These events were set in motion years ago

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by jdub297

Where's the link to the actual article, instead of the lame blog that you already posted? Wasn't one thread enough?

Ah, I see we're back to "shooting the messenger" instead of dealing with the actual topic for all issues that we don't like, such as those that could place the "messiah" in a bad light.

Ever more lame every time this tactic is used ...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I don't know why you continuously talk down to people like you know more than them. You know how I know that you aren't some political genius? Never once have I seen you stand by a candidate on these forums.

No, it's much easier to rake mud than it is to actual have principals and stand by them.

reply to post by centurion1211

Right, because you are one to complain about baiting. Look, he's posted two threads with the same article... and neither one of them was even really a news story.

Headline

President's approval rating drops to normal levels!

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

reply to post by jdub297

Where's the link to the actual article, instead of the lame blog that you already posted? Wasn't one thread enough?

Ah, I see we're back to "shooting the messenger" instead of dealing with the actual topic for all issues that we don't like, such as those that could place the "messiah" in a bad light.

Ever more lame every time this tactic is used ...

Lame? Why do you have a problem with asking for credible and legitimate news sources? (as opposed to mindless blathering, innuendo and made up BS on ATS, MySpace or any number of other sites that offer no credentials, references or accountability?) You call asking for some sources "shooting the messenger"? It's hilarious when someone on ATS tries to argue their points by linking their own posts when those posts contain nothing but their own opinions and extrapolations.

Yes, I'm relatively new here but honestly!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

I don't know why you continuously talk down to people like you know more than them. You know how I know that you aren't some political genius? Never once have I seen you stand by a candidate on these forums.

No, it's much easier to rake mud than it is to actual have principals and stand by them.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Irish M1ck]

You haven't read enough of my posts then, because I've consistently stood by ex-President GW Bush. Sure, there are things he's done that I don't agree with but I've continually bucked the mainstream of this board when it comes to bashing the man. I think that after the dust settles people will look back on him and realize that he knew more about running this country than what people gave him credit for.

And, I've consistently railed against Obama because his policies suck! There have been a couple of things he's done that I approve of, like recently shelving the Bush-era species rule which weakened protections on endangered species.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Why do you have a problem with asking for credible and legitimate news sources? (as opposed to mindless blathering, innuendo and made up BS on ATS, MySpace or any number of other sites that offer no credentials, references or accountability?) You call asking for some sources "shooting the messenger"?

The point of the OP is the contradiction, depending upon point of view:

MSNBC: www.msnbc.msn.com...
Obama's Rating at all time high

CULLMAN TIMES:
Obama's ratings plummet

each published within 24 hours of the other.

The foregoing popularity ratings and polls are only as good as the demographics and methodology.

As far as performance is concerned, it seems most people are not very pleased right now. Too many broken "promises," not enough "change."

jw

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join