It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close are we to the end...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
For those of us out here that believe in Bible prophecy, things appear to be on a fast track to an end of life as we know it. In order for that end to come about, Israel needed to be ressurected and be a nation again, and it is. It needed to be surrounded by enemies bent on it's destruction, and it is. And the whole world must be against it, and that is a real possiblity with Obama. Also, there will have to be a new world sytem of government that controls the economy and way of life of all the world, and that is a real possibility as well. That last thing will be when Israel decides to rebuild the Temple.

As of today, America is on a decline economically and militariliy. Only America has been the protector of Israel and of freedom. But this chapter is coming to a close, and we all see it now. America is going to be in a forced collapse so that it can unite with the rest of the world into one power block. Ask yourself, why would any president want to depress the economy and spend us into economic collapse. Soon, the world will be a diferent place to live in, and we will only have memories of what life was once like. When the world leader emerges, he will rule with power and crush all opposition. We know him as the AntiChrist, or the Beast. He will mark you like cattle and cause you all to obey.

This is my viewpoint on the worldview as I see it. I apply Biblical prophecy to that view because it is the God of the Bible that I believe in. I realise there are differing views. I understand that. But whatever one believes, we all know that the end of our way of life is near. The New World Order is about to come to power. There will be no escape to the hills, and nowhere to run.

How close are we to the end...? I would say very close.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Only America has been the protector of Israel and of freedom

And is therefore an extension of god...or so the fanatics would have you believe...sounds very much like fanatical Islam doesn't it?

I respect your right to believe whatever you want however people have predicting the "end" since the beginning of history.

You know what? The end comes every single day for someone, your own private APOCALYPSE.

Don't let fear of the "end" make you waste your precious life on worrying!

Live!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
alot of todays end time prophecy was created by the catholic church. www.remnantofgod.org...

anyways, Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil")apokalupsis eschaton which literally means "revelation at the end of the æon, or age. so its not really like an end.

i learned not to worry. i trust God knows what He is doing. live to make this world a little bit better now, not wait for something that will do that.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I agree with from above.
Christ said the generation that saw Israel established as a nation would be the generation to see his return. Isaac newton who gave us much of our understanding of biblical prophecy said Christ would not return until 2060.
How he worked out this date is not clear, but he may have made it because he was fed up with so many claiming the end was nigh so often.
I think that the stage is pretty much set though, the elite have been working towards a global government for sometime now and this economic crisis is a stepping stone towards it. The free masons and Illuminati are heavily involved in the occult and i believe their being used by satan to bring this about.

Luke 4:5The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.

This verse makes pretty clear to me as to who is really in control of the nations. People may call this fear mongering, but that is not so for born again christians. This isn't frightening but exciting to see current events marching towards the return of our lord, when satans authority will be stripped from him and we will finally have peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How close are we to the end? Very.

Now if you want details you can look at these 2 prophesies.

Matthew 24.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

If you know the fig tree is the nation of Israel then what these verses tell you is that the Apocalypse is supposed to be over with in a generation.
Psalms 90 defines a generation as 70 to 80 years. It would seem the generation is 60.5 years old.

Also look at the book of Daniel. While it's true that some of those prophesies were fulfilled thousands of years ago a wrinkle seems to be developing. They seem to be repeating. And while its only 3 events well, when an end of the world prophecy goes 3 for 3 I tend to get nervous.

Daniel 8
2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.
3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.
5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.
7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.
8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

Is the goat the United States? We'll see eh?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Only America has been the protector of Israel and of freedom

And is therefore an extension of god...or so the fanatics would have you believe...sounds very much like fanatical Islam doesn't it?

I respect your right to believe whatever you want however people have predicting the "end" since the beginning of history.

You know what? The end comes every single day for someone, your own private APOCALYPSE.

Don't let fear of the "end" make you waste your precious life on worrying!

Live!

This was the point I was going to make. At the turn of 1000 a.d. people thought that was it. At every change of century people keep saying that it is the end of days. FOREVER they have been saying this. Well, for as long as religion has been around that is. Without religion there is no apocolypse. There is no end of days. Without religion there is generally peace as the majority of humans like to live in peace. I hear many say that human nature is evil (mostly from religions) but I don't believe it. Most of our history that reports on these evil intentions are based on the few. The wars and atrocities of war are perpetuated by the few. The worlds military force is but an extremely small percentage of the total.

The general nature of people is to live in peace and to not bother others. So the 'end of days' and 'doom and gloom' prophesies are all brought out to scare you. Live your life. Treat others well. If you get placed in a position where you have to defend yourself in a violent way, do it if you feel you can. Just don't buy into the world is coming to an end crap.

We are already dealing with history repeating itself as it is. This country (the United States) is on the brink of collapse. It will be a short lived and fast lived memory if it does fall apart. Is that the end of the world? For some, yes. For most, no. Life will go on.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

This is a pretty good guess:
3 years, 295 days and counting, according to this interesting website:
www.satansrapture.com...

Dont wait till the last minute to do your shoppin'!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

while i agree that religions do start lots of war and violence, i do believe that humans are not innately evil.

1 Timothy 1: 9-10
9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine.

basically it says that we wouldn't need the bible, or the law, if we were all striving for righteousness. however in todays world many, including christains, try to force their beliefs on to others and in doing so they hurt their credibility.

ill tell you another thing, i dont like the doom and gloom either. in fact i dont believe in an eternal hell. as a person i strive everyday to try to make the best of my existence. i hope for the best but i expect the worst.
like i said before its not an end

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Check this out....

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

English Standard Version Bible
"1Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. 2For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

Then....

On November 4, 2008 A triumphant Barack Obama was elected America’s 44th President, and immediately committed himself to furthering peace and security around the world.

Addressing those overseas who were watching his election he said: “Our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand. To those who would tear this world down - we will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security - we support you."

We are heading there and that is obvious

new topics

top topics

join