It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, How to turn a rifle into a machine gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Back on topic. The fat guy through me. He must go by the nickname of "Tiny"

This is rapid fire technique is fun but is only as practical as a parlor trick. I'd like to see the targets that these guys were firing at.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Overheard at the gun range:

"Who the hell ate all my ammo???"

"TINY!!!!!"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I love the alarmist "OMG" in the thread title. It makes the OP sound like the sort of coward who jumps at their own shadow. Grow a pair, will ya?

And just to correct something, the rifle isn't "turned" into anything. Bump firing is just a technique to pull the trigger faster. You still only get one bullet for each time the trigger gets pulled.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ha, that fat guy could probably bump fire a triple seven

It's a great wasted of ammo and will probably just be an unnecessary distraction in a moment of urgency.
IMO with some practice you can still get a high rate of fire out of your semi auto. My m4 sometimes sounds likes its going full auto just because I'm squeezing that fast.

A cooler trick is when you can't get full auto weapons to stop firing, happened to me with a M240 bravo once.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, Mr. Self Proclaimed Gun Nut, you've just given a few hundred anti-gun advocates something to point to, misunderstand completely, and cite as a reason why semi automatic weapons should be banned.

Yes, your post came off as alarmist for two reasons:

1. You started it with "OMG" as if you were texting your 15 year old friends, and;

2. You incorrectly declared that semi-automatic weapons were being turned into machine guns.

Maybe if you'd think before you'd speak, you could avoid giving the gun-grabbers something to latch on to in their quest to make firearms look evil. The other thing they're going to point out is that you own an AR-15, despite still being at the mental age where you brag about your genitals on the Internet.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Well, Mr. Self Proclaimed Gun Nut, you've just given a few hundred anti-gun advocates something to point to, misunderstand completely, and cite as a reason why semi automatic weapons should be banned.

Yes, your post came off as alarmist for two reasons:

1. You started it with "OMG" as if you were texting your 15 year old friends, and;

2. You incorrectly declared that semi-automatic weapons were being turned into machine guns.

Maybe if you'd think before you'd speak, you could avoid giving the gun-grabbers something to latch on to in their quest to make firearms look evil. The other thing they're going to point out is that you own an AR-15, despite still being at the mental age where you brag about your genitals on the Internet.

Im fueling gun grabbers????? Are you high? Dude, posting a link to something that has been going on for years is not fuel. This has been out there and if the gun grabbers wanted to use it to light some fires they would have already. You need to stop drinking so much redbull and chill out a little.

Oh the genitals thing, hmm who brought that up first, let me think, why would I say something about genitals? Something about growing a pair.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by robwerden]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
*sigh*

I hate explaining the obvious to the oblivious, but here we go...

The phrase, "OMG, How to turn a rifle into a machine gun," is the sort of thing that scares the pants off of liberals.

It doesn't matter what else you said later in the thread. It doesn't matter whether you're a gun-loving, Navy sailing, NRA joining gun advocate. It doesn't matter how big your specimen is, either.

It doesn't matter that the thread later revealed that bump firing has been around for awhile. It doesn't matter if millions of people already know about bump firing.

What matters is that hundreds of people are going to read the title of this thread, and nothing more, and then pass the news on to other people that there are people on the Internet discussing, as you so carelessly described it, "How to turn a rifle into a machine gun."

Meanwhile, pro-gun rights advocates have been struggling for years to educate people to the reality that it's not easy to turn semi-autos into full autos. Most liberals think that you can do it just by "filing down" some simple part, you know. Trying to point out the truth, well, it's been an uphill battle which we are already losing.

Your words were a step in the wrong direction.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The language in posts is getting out of hand.

Please be civil.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, I still fail to understand how it is fuel for the anti gun people, but whatever you have it set in your mind that it is, and thats all that important to you.

I Live in Texas, and right down the road from me, just 20 min is a little strip mall in round rock. In that strip mall is a little shop called "the gun store" There are dozens of places like this one, and they are situated in a state that is split politically now 46% liberal to 54% Republican.

Anyway, if you have a Texas drivers license and the money you can walk into this little shop or any of the hundreds of others and buy a machine gun. You can buy a Machine gun and a silencer. You can buy a car full of them. That's because they are legal. Since it is legal to buy them, I would think it is legal to talk about them. I also thought since I was talking about them in the ATS WEAPONRY forum, it was ok as well.

According to you though, the simple mention of them is bad. If you convert an rifle into a machine gun, it is legal as long as you pay the class 4 tax and register the weapon as a class 4 weapon. Talking about doing this is not fuel for anti gun people, because it is legal to do as long as you follow the law.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have a Berretta 92FS 9mm and I can almost shoot it that fast normally..In a home invasion or whatever..in home "situation" I'll take the sawed off shotgun any day. Just the sound of that thing racking a round would scare the hell out of any body. I know that if I broke into to some one else's home and heard that noise in the dark, I'm leaving a lot quicker than I came in.

In that "home situation" make sure if you have a family, that you know where they are first. I would hate to shoot my son or wife wandering around in the dark in the house late at night by accident, Probably never live that one down...sabre11004...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The military trained *me* in the one shot, one kill philosophy.

I wouldn't even have the desire to try that. What a waste of time. How effective does anyone think that would actually be? Not very.
As has been said, if you are in a fire-fight where you need fully-auto, you aren't going to be standing up.

The posters talking about a shotgun are more likely to survive a home invasion.
The only time I would consider something like that is if I found myself in a Matrix situation where I was surrounded by 1,000 agents. But then I'd just die anyhow.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

It certainly is okay to talk about guns. All I'm saying is, you gotta watch how you word your headlines. There really are a bunch of people who will probably only read the title.

Take another look at your title, and then imagine what you'd run and tell all your friends if you were anti-gun that was all you read. I bet you'd be alarmed about rifles being turned into machine guns, because that's what anti-gun people do. They see the word "rifle" and they get scared. They see the word "machine gun" and they crap all over themselves.

I'm not saying "don't talk about guns." Good lord man, read the vast majority of my ATS posts in recent times, it's pretty much the only topic I've gotten into lately, and yes I'm pro-Second Amendment. I own four guns, including one that the Democrats think is an "assault rifle" and a handgun that I'm proud to say is "Not legal in California" according to the sticker on the box.

In these times, we can't afford to do anything that scares the anti-gun crowd. It's sad and pathetic that it has to be this way, but until we get some politicians who care about ALL of our rights, we have to be careful.

Otherwise, it would seem we could both be out four guns each. I don't know about you, but I haven't even paid off the credit card bills for all of mine yet.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden

Anyway, if you have a Texas drivers license and the money you can walk into this little shop or any of the hundreds of others and buy a machine gun. You can buy a Machine gun and a silencer. You can buy a car full of them. That's because they are legal. Since it is legal to buy them, I would think it is legal to talk about them. I also thought since I was talking about them in the ATS WEAPONRY forum, it was ok as well.

WHat are you serious, silencers are legal?

I thought silencers were one of the most illegal things in this country. If you get caught with one they automatically charge you with attempted murder.

Is it different state from state? I could have sworn I thought it was federal law.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

WHat are you serious, silencers are legal?

I thought silencers were one of the most illegal things in this country. If you get caught with one they automatically charge you with attempted murder.

Is it different state from state? I could have sworn I thought it was federal law.

Totally legal in Texas.

This is the gun store I shop at. www.texasgunstore.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by robwerden]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Legal in 20 something states. They are Class 3 and require the $200 "tax" and form signed by your local sheriff.

They're great at indoor ranges and/or shooting on your own property when you have uppity neighbours who bitch and moan about your shooting but let their kid blast some crappy noise called music at 2AM.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Silencers... another "accessory restriction" that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I've never known anyone who owned a silencer for any reason other than to avoid having to wear ear protection.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Any homeowner who thinks bump-firing in his home to stop an intruder is a good idea frankly shouldnt be allowed to look at a rifle let alone hold one.

And I'm the guy who thinks everyone should be armed.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't suggest anyone tries this at their local gun range. I was with a friend a few weeks ago and he was booted from the range and chased off at gun point by the owner for bump firing. I just pretended not to know him, but he was ex military and had done it several times before.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't suggest anyone tries this at their local gun range. I was with a friend a few weeks ago and he was booted from the range and chased off at gun point by the owner for bump firing. I just pretended not to know him, but he was ex military and had done it several times before.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join