It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, How to turn a rifle into a machine gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I saw this last night. It is quite old and apparently done for a long time, but it was new to me, so maybe to you as well.

Pretty cool considering it requires no modifications to a weapon at all. It is a technique called bump firing which uses the weapons own recoil to reset the trigger to fire right away. It apparently works with some hand guns as well, such as the Glock

[edit on 4-3-2009 by robwerden]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by robwerden]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
thank you. that is great to know. but.....

waste a lot of ammo. in a desperate firefight i'd use this technique.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah bump firing.

You try it a dozen times trying to get it right and then when you finally get it right all you can think about is how much all that ammo you wasted cost.

It's a fun trick for rednecks and kids.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I just prefer replacing the springs and shaving a few metal parts to just be able to hold the trigger down. Less you have to think about
Any semi auto gun can be made fully automatic should you have the proper mechanic know how.

[edit on 3/4/2009 by JetshadowTRUE]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Machine guns are a weapon of intimidation. The rapid fire noise on the battle field makes a line of soldiers think twice before all rushing to the enemy bunker. While not accurate as much as single fire targeting, it certainly does make one feel more lethal and makes the enemy take less chances in a bum rush.

If I was in a battle situation or even in a home defense situation in which I felt out numbered or out fire powered, I would certainly employ the method of intimidation this offers.

Typically seen in movies as cover fire, a spray of bullets makes heads go down while the team moves to a safer or more strategic location.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JetshadowTRUE
I just prefer replacing the springs and shaving a few metal parts to just be able to hold the trigger down. Less you have to think about
Any semi auto gun can be made fully automatic should you have the proper mechanic know how.

[edit on 3/4/2009 by JetshadowTRUE]

Hence breaking the law.

There is no law against bump firing

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

It's only a matter of time before a burglar is killed in this fashion, and lawyers have a field day when they find out about "bump fire". Then the court case will be used to consider any gun that can be bump fired an "assault weapon", and you'll be required to get a tax stamp on your Glock, whether or not you do it.

I'd prefer doing it in a non-government traceable manner.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JetshadowTRUE
reply to post by robwerden

It's only a matter of time before a burglar is killed in this fashion

Any homeowner who thinks bump-firing in his home to stop an intruder is a good idea frankly shouldnt be allowed to look at a rifle let alone hold one.

And I'm the guy who thinks everyone should be armed.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When/if you are in a fire fight, you will not stand up and bump fire.

You'll be very close to the ground!

Bump firing is just something for the Anti's to point and yell "look at what they can do with a semi-auto, this is the reason to ban them".

Roper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Hey Guy,

Always enjoy your posts. I have a short tactical Wingmaster 12 Gg. Perfect for tight spots, and I think, the ideal home-defense weapon.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How is this technique possible with a semi-automatic handgun? The recoil causes the trigger bounce, and without the shoulder to bounce off of I can't see it working quite the same...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
How is this technique possible with a semi-automatic handgun? The recoil causes the trigger bounce, and without the shoulder to bounce off of I can't see it working quite the same...

Stick a finger under the trigger guard with one hand and hold the backstrap with the other hand. It'll take some trying to figure out just how much pressure you should hold the backstrap with to get the rhythm right.

It works. It wont work for all pistols though. It's just a neat thing to do once and never do again unless you have thousands of rounds just burning a hole in your pocket.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

I have a short tactical Wingmaster 12 Gg. Perfect for tight spots, and I think, the ideal home-defense weapon.

What you speak is home-D gospel.

Maybe if you own a ranch or are expecting Rodney King style rioting you'd reach for the AR but for the family who wants to put down a burglar or two before they are victimized the shotgun is king.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That makes sense, thanks. Looks like I'll be getting into reloading my own ammo trying to master this technique. I'm sure it's harder than it looks.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here is a glock

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Here's an incredibly fat guy doing it.

Man is he fat.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm part of the pro shotgun group for home defense. I have a Mossberg 500A tactical 12ga. No need to bump fire that bad boy
In a stressful situation I don't want to worry about trying to get some weird technique right. I like the straight forward technique of a good old fashioned scatter gun!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by The Undertaker

Here's an incredibly fat guy doing it.

Man is he fat.

Ay carumba... what does his breakfast look like?

Serious question though, do you think when someone is that fat that they actually have a benefit in that it would require more shots to take them down? (i mean forget the head and heart. but what about the stomach)?

Jeez that is one fat guy, wonder if he uses a scooter to get around?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Jeez that is one fat guy, wonder if he uses a scooter to get around?

One with a mounted m60 no doubt.

There's a chance that the fat could make vital organ damage less likely in the event of being shot but his strained circulatory system might be more prone to a heart attack in the event of a painful and shocking trauma such as being shot.

I dont know really and in a sort of morbidly grotesque way.

How will the morbidly obese react to being shot? Maybe this is one for Mythbusters? Or that show where everything is in slo-mo, TimeWarp?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Luckily, the fat guy could handle the recoil

That Beretta looks mighty small in the hands of a giant.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join