It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan

www.politico.com

Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House.

The strategy took shape after Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville included Limbaugh’s name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans, especially younger voters. Then the conservative talk-radio host emerged as an unapologetic critic of Barack Obama shortly before his inauguration, when even many Republicans were showering him with praise.

Soon it clicked: Democrats realized they could roll out a new GOP bogeyman for the post-Bush era by turning to an old one in Limbaugh, a polarizing figure since he rose to prominence in the 1990s.

Limbaugh is embracing the line of attack, suggesting a certain symbiosis between him and his political adversaries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit General News

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why in the world are the Democrats so worried about Rush??? It's not like he is going to run for office. He'd never win and they must know this.

I realize that there have been a lot of posts about Rush, but this new article states that the White House is guiding this latest attack on him.

While I'm no huge Rush fan, I do agree with most of what he comments on, even if he is a huge blowhole.

I guess that the Democratic Party is running for re-election already since they obviously cannot shore up the economy like they promised. If you don't agree with that statement, just look at the stock market. It's done nothing but go down since Mr. Obama took office and he is not restoring any confidence to make it do otherwise.

I expect more from a President...any President.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What makes you think we're worried about him? I for one couldn't be more thrilled to see Limburger as the defacto head of the GOP!

Limberger & Palin 2012!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Lilitu]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It starts with national figures who speak out against them. Then once they have silenced and discredited them they will turn on regular citizens.

We have already seen it happen during the campaign or has everyone forgotten the public reaming that "Joe the Plumber" received by the Democrats?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Oh come on! Joe the Plumber?!
You mean the dude that was recently broadcast as a News Reporter in Gaza?!

The entire thing is a play. Get over the quibbling partisan bullshap!

We have bigger fish to fry!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Oh come on! Joe the Plumber?!
You mean the dude that was recently broadcast as a News Reporter in Gaza?!

The entire thing is a play. Get over the quibbling partisan bullshap!

We have bigger fish to fry!

He got fired because of all the digging the Dems did. So he is unemployed and gets a job offer that pays well.

What would you do?

You did dodge the main point though. He asked a question and his life at that time was destroyed from the ground up.

They are now doing the same thing to Rush. The only differance is that Rush has a national radio show and will fight back.

By the way, discrediting a private citizen because he asked a hard question and you flubbed it is pretty bad.

To me that is a big fish.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
the reason why the white house is putting all the attention on Limbaugh is because they are diverting americans from the real problem, obama and his spending. some democrats have come out the past few days and have said that obama's spending/earmarks have to stop, and it is not what obama said he would do.

so what do they do? deflect it all onto limbaugh. it is the only possible way democrats can win next time because they all know that republicans will hit hard with the HE VOTED FOR THE BAILOUT commercials.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is a huge power vaccum in the GOP now. This happens every time a party goes out of power. Steele is the head of the GOP and everyone with a brain knows it. Dems are trying to portray Rush as the defacto head of the GOP because Steele is popular, black, and conservitive.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Isn't Steele the son of Indian immigrants?
He certainly is popular, though.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i said in the other post yesterday , the dems LOVE Rush, just let him talk, ........ he's the best thing for the Dem party

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Michael S. Steele

Not Piyush "Bobby" Jindal

That's who you are thinking of. Bobby Jindal is very popular and thought to be a major contender for the 2012 republican nomination. Michael S. Steele is the GOP chairman. He is the actual leader of the Republican party.

Rush Limbaugh is an idiot bigoted talk show host that weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of a Buick.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh, that's right.
I've gotten those two confused before. Thanks for the clarification.

Rush weighs as much as a Buick?! I thought his binge on prescription meds helped him lose a bunch of weight.
Oprah syndrome?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Rush weighs as much as a Buick?! I thought his binge on prescription meds helped him lose a bunch of weight.

Well I think it did seem to help, if I remember correctly Rush used to weigh about as much as a Peterbuilt but has slimmed down to this lean and mean Buick size.

On topic however I think that as long as the dems make sure that everybody thinks that Rush is the leader of the GOP then people will stay away from the republicans in the next election.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That's a good point. And probably a pretty good strategy. They'll use him against the Repubs. Hell, he's already done enough damage on their behalf.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
the reason why the white house is putting all the attention on Limbaugh is because they are diverting americans from the real problem, obama and his spending. some democrats have come out the past few days and have said that obama's spending/earmarks have to stop, and it is not what obama said he would do.

Damn straight. And the Democrats say the GOP is the party full of hostility and hatred? The Democrats are proving themselves to be the ones gleeful to see the hatefest against the GOP rolling along.

So now that GW Bush is gone, there was a lull because Obama was elected and there was no one left in office to really hate since there's a majority of Democrats. So the Democratic policy starts flowing, starts royally screwing this country all to hell, and then Democrats begin to grow desparate looking for an outlet to shift the attention to. They tried to keep the focus on Sarah Palin and that failed, so now they've got Rush. The guy is a radio talk show host! Some Democrat fool deems Rush the defacto leader of the GOP and now every brainless Democrat jumps all over it and is trying to keep the hatefest rolling right along.

Great example you Democrats are are setting by dissing Rush. You can't just ignore the man and concentrate on fixing America can you? No! You know why? Because your President's plan for fixing America is not working!!! In fact - it's making things WORSE! So now you need a new scapegoat to blame so your sorry a$$e$ can hope to see yourselves back in office to screw things up again in 2012.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
michael moore is the head of the DNC

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

reply to post by sos37

Great example you Democrats are are setting by dissing Rush. You can't just ignore the man and concentrate on fixing America can you? No! You know why? Because your President's plan for fixing America is not working!!! In fact - it's making things WORSE! So now you need a new scapegoat to blame so your sorry a$$e$ can hope to see yourselves back in office to screw things up again in 2012.

There is no way to fix America at this point. We all collectively have screwed up the system so badly that there is no point in saving it. That is why the massive rape of the treasury is going on. The NAU is comming and that is also a part of it. Who is going to give a damn about the federal reserve when we swith over to the Amero? It's like how some people rack up a huge credit card debt just before declairing bankruptcy. They have no intention of paying off that debt so they run up their credit cards first.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Swatman

reply to post by sos37

There is no way to fix America at this point. We all collectively have screwed up the system so badly that there is no point in saving it. That is why the massive rape of the treasury is going on. The NAU is comming and that is also a part of it. Who is going to give a damn about the federal reserve when we swith over to the Amero? It's like how some people rack up a huge credit card debt just before declairing bankruptcy. They have no intention of paying off that debt so they run up their credit cards first.

OH NO YOU DON'T!

That's NOT what the American people were told, sold and swallowed when the election was going on.

The country and the entire world was told by Obama, his administration and the liberal media that the ONLY HOPE for the United State was to elect into office Barack Hussein Obama! And he had all of these swell ideas that were supposed to bring CHANGE!

Remember "YES WE CAN!"? "Yes we can" what? Fill a cabinet with politicians who, when properly vetted, fail to meet the criteria for trusted public servants? "Yes we can" what? Stick this country with another $2 trillion in debt and STILL sell it to the people that it's for the GOOD of the country when it's so clear that the payouts are going to many of Obama's campaign supporters!?

Where's the CHANGE? I'll show you - The Dow Jones Industrial Average closing at a 12-year low: 6,594.44 today.

Where's the HOPE? I'll show you - It's bailing out AIG for the SECOND time after they've proven twice before that they cannot manage their own business. It's the financial gurus telling America that this downturn in the market is likely to last a lot longer than expected.

And it may all have been unavoidable, but Barack Obama's campaign had America believing that voting him in would prove to be the golden rays of sunshine that would heal this broken land as soon as he took the oath of office. What a big, fat liar he is. All of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
liberals need to shut up about rush and fix the damn economy all this is is misdirection

carvell,emauel,etc pick on rush limbah while the dow has lost 5000 points since obama has been in office....

FIX THE DAMN ECONOMY!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by neo67]

top topics

join