It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

image error

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
why do i get an 404 error condition everytime i try to enlarge an image?

if you want members to post images on your site, at least allow people to enlarge them...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Are you talking about in the posts or the media site. if you use the [_im][_/im] tags, without the underscores, when you click on the picture it opens up in a new window. If the picture was too big for the post it will show the full image on the opened page.

Like this
Image is to large so click on it to see the whole image.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

You seem to be the resident expert here lol. But do you know how to resize the image? .. or may edit it's position in the post, perhaps along with another image?

Look at how MikeSingh does it for example in his threads;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That dude is an expert at stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I wouldn't say expert just played around long enough

In most paint programs you can resize images or if you have photoshop or something similar. In Microsoft paint you have to be careful not to compress the image to much or you wrinkles. Just resize as equal as you can. When you find a image you want on the net, right click and save pic as, if you do not know if you have a program it reads gifs its best to just add the .jpeg behind the file name that shows up.
Photobucket allows you to resize images too.

As far as the side by side images. They appear to be small enough to fit. He just put the [_ats_] [_/ats_] tags beside each other.

I just saw how he resized the image in the thread. when you use your ats tags add this [_ats=200x120_] then the closing tag is the same as usual [_/ats_]. Without the underscore of course

Hope that helps.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ant4U, Thanks for the help

Yeah I've been playing around with Microsoft Paint for about 2 months now, and you're right about not compressing an image too small or too big, it does become rather grainy if sketch/skew too much.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

No problem glad I could help. I am only trying to return the favor for all the members who answered my questions.

I downloaded paint.net it accepts more image codes and I haven't had an image get grainy nearly as bad. Best part is it's free.

top topics

join