It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish with human faces spotted in South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The "humanoid" carp are attracting attention in the town of Chongju in the centre of the country where they live in a small pond.

They are believed to be hybrid descendants of two carp species – the carp and the leather carp, also known as a tangerine fish.

Both fish are females and more than three feet long. They appear to have distinctive human noses, eyes and lips.

The fish live in a pond behind the home of a 64-year old South Korean man and have been there since 1986 although their looks are only just starting to attract attention.

"My fish have been getting more and more human for the past couple of years," the owner said.

He added that he knows of other fish with similar features, and as they are both females it will be impossible for them to breed and have fish-faced offspring.

Full Article Here

Simply amazing ... how could this be possible? it has striking features of a human ... i'm dumbfounded ... what are your thoughts?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with that evolution theory.

Or has that been debunked?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Id like to see more pics of that so i found this

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It looks more like an Aardvark without the long nose to me.

Line.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Long time Koi owner here (fancy carp!). Although its hard to tell from the fuzzy photo and low-res YouTube clip I'd say that the eyes and nose you see are just markings. In the OP photo you can see a semi-circle in the dark area lower left - that's the real eye. Koi are naturally bottom feeders and as such their eyes are off to the side.

That said, these are some great looking fish. Koi with symmetrical markings are highly valued, I bet these would fetch high dollar.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well in the video they do look more like fish than the pic but i can see why they would say that. Carp are a good example of nature evolving(if you will) around us, they can mate with other species of carp easily and have been producing hybrids for many years this is really normal in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
hey, i think i recognize them from the innsmouth high swim team back in new england!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Evolution? These human faced fish are most certainly evidence of creation. God did it, you know.

Anyways, I agree with the poster that said the "eyes" are just markings. If that is a carp with eyes facing forward, then there is more to the story than two speicies of carp did it.

Did anyone catch the other species of carp? I only saw "two carp species – the carp and the leather carp".

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.nextnature.net...

This place says Carp and Leather Carp and has a slightly better pic, looks close to a Mirror Carp here, im sure this is not a one off.

It is a mirror carp the eyes are the nostrils, nice try though Korea

[edit on 4-3-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
HUMANS WITH FISH FACES SPOTTED AROUND NEW YORK CITY!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Perhaps it has something to do with that evolution theory.

Or has that been debunked?

I have a tendency to agree with the possibility that this might be a genetic mutation. Evolutionary theorists have expressed that humans, ultimately, evolved from fish. It's not that far-fetched to consider that the same genes that might have mutated into humanoid characteristics were at play here. (provided, of course, that the Theory of Evolution hasn't been branded as a hoax yet).

Of course, the image isn't really all that clear. Not being a technical wizard, I'm unable to freeze individual images in an effort to "blow up" and enhance the "human-faced fish". This could very well be a simple illusion, a natural form of Trompe-l'œil wherein the markings, a fortuitous circumstance of random positioning, give the appearance of human facial features.

Until a very clear image can be presented or a Veterinarian or an Ichthyologist report can be examined, I'd hold off on any judgments. I'd be very curious, however to examine the area on the "Fish Face" that suggests the presence of a nose. I would think that it would be quite an amazing scientific find if there were to be some sort of duality in the breathing systems -- or at least an early semblance of one.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Go to the nextnature link in my above post, there is a clearer picture of that fish which shows the eyes are in the normal position and the dark areas on the front are just outlining around the nostrils, everything is normal here that fish is a Mirror Carp or other hybrid variant.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Go to the nextnature link in my above post, there is a clearer picture of that fish which shows the eyes are in the normal position and the dark areas on the front are just outlining around the nostrils, everything is normal here that fish is a Mirror Carp or other hybrid variant.

Nature, it would appear, has created an excellent "natural illusion" -- a simple accident...random chance. Still, it does make me think about some of the natural camouflage strategies that occur in nature: where animals and insects camouflage themselves naturally to disguise themselves as their environment or as other creatures (typically one's not regarded as inviting prey).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
www.nextnature.net...

This place says Carp and Leather Carp and has a slightly better pic, looks close to a Mirror Carp here, im sure this is not a one off.

It is a mirror carp the eyes are the nostrils, nice try though Korea

Interesting. Can't help but think that the pic looks very photoshoped, though. Looks like two pics slapped together.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh My God

That's just amazing.. I agree with the OP, I'm dumbfounded.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well as i said before, the clearer pic in the nature next link shows clearly that this is a normal Carp, its just a trick of light or habitat that makes the nostrils stand out, i have seen thousands of Carp and the is nothing abnormal about that one just poor photography. Maybe if they bothered to pull the fish out of the water they would see that.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Take note of the position of the nostrils and the eyes, then go back to the other pic and compare the two, everything is in its right place. On the fish that is not the person of course.

top topics

join