It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

H.R. 45: Blair Holt

www.govtrack.us

1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Saganite]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Goes right along with the Assault Weapons ban.

Currently referred to committee.

While a slightly left of center, far left in some areas, I'm 100% pro gun and I own several myself. I suspect this may just pass due to the lopsided 111st it will immediately get challenged and with the current SCotUS line up I bet it will get struck down. Otherwise folks, hit your gun shops and gun shows sooner rather than later, just in case.

www.govtrack.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When your guns have to be registered you are now catigorized. Now if you report your guns stolen would you be re-catigorized from lets say, "Wolf" to "Sheep"?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Already a few threads on this one...

Here's the oldest, not much action lately, but it's already 19 pages long:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I doubt it will get anywhere, it's not the first time he's tried to wipe his butt with our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Then again, with Eric Holder's view of our 2nd Amendment...you never know.

Obviously the first step of any tyrannical government that wishes to have complete and total control over its "subjects" would be to disarm them.

The first step in doing that, would be to have a detailed list of those arms and the individuals in possession of them. History tells the story time and time again.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"From my cold, dead hands!"
-Charlton Heston

I think that sums it up nicely for my perspective, and many other folks here on ATS. There's going to be a lot more unannounced gun shows if they pass this kind of act.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I figured there would be one out there already, but since I didn't see one hitting the front page that I can remember I thought I may be in the clear. Ahh well, better to be over informed than under in things like this.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just a bump, is this bill going anywhere? I can't find any info ....

new topics

top topics

join