It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting sick more than usual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Okay, for those of you who do not know me, let me give you some background information about my immune system.

It's come to my attention that the average cold lasts up to 3 days?
I have never had a cold that lasted more than a day. Fact.

For every year of my life, the longest I have been sick was 3 days, and that was with the Flu. What a horrible 3 days that was. However, I was informed that even the flu is supposed to last longer. So I've been pretty lucky with getting sick and recovering relatively fast. Now, here's where I'm getting worried.

Over the past three weeks, I have gotten sick twice. The first week with a horrible cough, headache, and a constantly upset stomach. It was a cold going around at school, and I was bound to catch it eventually. However, much to my surprise, I still had it when I woke up the next day. I had it for a good week. Once it was gone, I figured it was all behind me and I can start being healthy again.

A week passed without getting sick again, and now I'm sick. Again. This time it's different. It's a mild headache, and an uncontrollable cough. I'm coughing up a lot of Flem, and almost threw up on several occasions. Depending on the day (I think it's Thursday but I lost track) I've been sick for four days now. I've missed quite abit of school from being sick these past couple weeks, and that's just adding to the stress. I really hate missing school. Say what you will. "Oh, you get days off, consider yourself lucky!" but those days off just contribute to more work to get caught up on, and that's not fun at all.

I guess it's a kind of dry cough, but it occurs within every 3 minutes, especially when I'm moving in any way. I slept the day away yesterday and was pretty sure it'd be gone by today, but alas. It's still here.

I'm going to the clinic in a little over an hour to see what they can do, but I'm just frustrated that I am from going to "The guy who's rarely sick, and never sick for more to a day" to "The guy who's sick every other week"

Also, any one know what this might be?
My guess is throat infection because it's all centered in my throat this time, but I really don't know. I'm not a doctor.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
my guess is a full dose of flu but i'm not a doctor, i'm pretty sure you don't get nausea with a cold, i never have anyways. Just gargle some salt water, trust me kills most cold/flu symptoms, try to get a saline nasal spray too, as for the nausea just drink milk. That'll either stop the nausea or bring the sick up, either way no more nausea

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My guess is strep throat. Have you ever heard of a "back set" of an illness? That happens when the pathogen is not eradicated and comes back with a vengence twice as bad. Take some cough medicine that makes you cough less frequently but produce more phlegm. It will say that on the bottle. Get some antibiotics (if you believe in them, many people here on these forums are totally negative on medicine and vaccines). Don't know you, don't know how you are on that issue. If it is strep infection and not treated it can affect your kidneys and then you will be sick again and possibly damage them. Take care of it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hope everything went well at the doctor's.

To prevent yourself from relapsing, you need to clean, clean and clean some more. Change your bedsheets, towels, clean every hard surface you touch, break the cycle and hopefully you won't relapse again.

However if you do, you might be dehydrated or lacking in some vitamins or supplements, talk to the doctor and start with a basic multivitamin.

Good luck and feel better.

new topics

top topics

join