It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if things improve under Obama?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Liberals - To much government.
Conservatives - To little government.

I feel we will ALWAYS be on a sea saw blowing in the wind until we get it balanced.

Now, that does not mean a republican or democrat will be able to fix things. Look at Bush...conservative my a##.

In government, we learned that the most effective form of government is a dictatorship. To bad all of them are corrupt.

We need regulation where it needs it and we need to stay away from things that need it. The All or Nothing philosophy seems to be something amongst politicians, but in many cases, it is suicide IMO.

I am very skeptical of Obama. The great thing is though is this.

If he does good, I can be "wrong" but still be a "winner" (better country!).
If he does bad, I can say I told ya so!

It is hard to say whether he will do a good job or not. Only time will tell. Even most of the skeptics hope he does a good job, regardless of what they/we think of him. He IS our president for Pete's sake. Anyone wanting an economic collapse is just crazy.

SO, if things improve under Obama, I will change my views on extreme liberalism (if he continues being one). I am fairly new to politics.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by skeeveve
What if he didn't spend money? You would crucify him for enjoying the oval office and not doing anything.

He is spending this money to get us out of this mess Bush left behind. Remember, the economy nose-dived in October last year.

How much spending are you going to be okay with? How can you say it is alright to spend a trillion dollars when we do not have it. Sure President Obama says he will cut the deficit in half, but the only way for that to happen is if everything falls together perfectly. Even then the accumulated interest will make it almost impossible to payoff.

He got a bum deal, but you have to hold him responsible for what he is doing. Saying he is doing it because Bush did that is taking all responsibility away from President Obama.

What is the alternative? Please tell me what is you're alternative because this should be enlightening.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join