It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never ending bailouts? Bernake wants another $750Billion for banks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No problem.

Let's just continue to sit and take it....like the last one.

If we ignore it...it will go away.

Let the government do it all...they know what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Too big too fail? What's up with that?
Not too big to get their a** kicked!!!
Meanwhile uncle bernie gets to keep his stolen millions
and live in his kushy mansion! Makes you want to

Meanwhile people are out of work and homeless.

Maybe we do need a big asteroid to almost hit us ,
to wake us up or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

What else is it gonna take?

Seriously...does the government actually have to come to people's houses and actually take money out of their hands?

Will that do it?

If people would freakin pay attention to what was happening we would have marched on washington after they passed the first bailout.

Here comes another one...nothing happens.

3.5 trillion budget...nothing happens.

410 billion omnibus bill...nothing happens.

FDIC announced today that they may go insolvent and our money won't be protected.....still..nothing happens.

HOLY HELL....COULD SOMETHING BE WRONG HERE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw it...If the citizens of this country are GOING TO LET THEIR COUNTRY BURN TO THE GROUND THEN THEY DESERVE IT.

Let's all just wait until it's TOO LATE.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Bah, David you know as well as I do the Government already did that once in 1933 when they confiscated all the gold from private citizens.

Nothings going to wake these people up bro. They can't see past party color, and never look at the Constitution.

When the inevitable collapse of the US Government occurs, the people will blame it on it on very piece of paper that has protected their rights -- even if in a diluted form today. Never knowing that half of the government "system" including the DEA, Department of Homeland Security, Executive Orders, Fed Reserve, Fiat Currency, IRS, Warrentless Searches of your car/home, Income Tax, Martial Law, Prohibition, Firearm control of any form, Bailouts, etc where unconstitutional to begin with.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Not Authorized

I know man. This country blew it by not getting Ron Paul in as President. Government spending would be cut drastically right now....all kinds of BS would be cut....and the eventual end of the federal reserve and federal income taxes.

Instead we voted in the the biggest government spender in American History (at least he's trying to be)

Everything right now is wrong...all of it....nothing is right.

The whole country is being turned upside down...it has been happening slowly...but now it's speeding up.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Recently I watched some old Ross Perot presidential debate videos. The country blew it then too. Had he been elected, we wouldn't be as bad off as today and in the green.

Yet Clinton campaigned on the promise of change (sound familiar?) and got elected. Amazing how it's always perpetually the same thing and the same message each election.

As I said in my previous post, American's deserve this. Both those who voted for McCain, and those who voted for Obama, and those that voted for ANYONE who voted to pass the first bailout bill. Since they weren't voted out over the first bailout, they certainly won't stop now.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
the answer is to let the bankers KEEP all those debased FED printed dollars and have our GOVT print a national dollar....one not based on the gold standard either....and return to RESERVE BANKING and not this abomination called Fractional Reserve Banking....the FED is Privately Owned...yeah its own by our big national banks which are in turn owned by Foreign bankers and investors.... just b/c the Pres of the US appoints the Governor of the FED doesn't make it FEDERAL.... they are making money on printed money with debt attached! MAKING MONEY OFF OF US. I'm not a big bible thumper but those of you out there, i think know the reason Jesus left the temple...or ousted the "Money Changers' from the temple... they were doing the same thing....it called USURY....they wouldn't accept local monetary unit they would only accept their own pressed money of which the priests had sole control of value and quantities in circulation.... so they were making money off the money they pulled out of thin air.... its the same thing that Banks are doing now..... there is no GOLD left in FORT KNOX....can someone find out the last time they conducted an AUDIT of the national treasury to physically SEE where our gold is?....look up the last time we paid off our national debt...it was when JACKSON was pres.... he did away with a centralized bank control by "Vile Poisonous Viper" Bankers... Lincoln Printed out Greenbacks....which made the Euro Bankers furious(b/c he refused to accept loans for waging the civil war)..... ...shortly after his death the mission to place another Central bank was underway. please correct me if anything I've mentioned is wrong or nonfactual. please PEOPLE LOOK INTO THIS...!!! WE DON'T NEED THE FED ANYMORE THAN WE NEED CHINA BUYING UP OUR COUNTRY FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by thefutureisuncertain]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by thefutureisuncertain]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

"If the Nation can issue a dollar bond it can issue a dollar bill.
The element that makes the bond good makes the bill good also. The
difference between the bond and the bill is that the bond lets the
money broker collect twice the amount of the bond and an additional 20%.
Whereas the currency, the honest sort provided by the Constitution pays
nobody but those who contribute in some useful way. It is absurd to say
our Country can issue bonds and cannot issue currency. Both are promises
to pay, but one fattens the usurer and the other helps the People." Thomas Edison

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pocamp

Originally posted by pocamp
Sorry for the jack. But they say unemployment was 25 percent in the 30s. And we only have 7.7 rate now, Are these numbers now just BS??. they don't count people after they quite getting UE. What do you guys think the real numbers are. Ok To the OP. I wish they would just let the market fix the banks. My point. Quite giving these losers money.

You are referring to the Marginal unemployment rate.

Here is the dirty secret about what you are told the unemployment rate is?

It includes a person if they just earn one dollar in a week. That is farfetched but true. The stats do NOT include the people that are UNDER-employed. Take me for example, I made a nice salary, got laid-off, now deliver pizza for a fraction of what I made while my bills skyrocket. But I am still considered employed.

You have to be actively looking for work to be considered unemployed. If you are discouraged from the lack of jobs and stop looking, guess what? Your simply excluded.

So, you simply exclude those that are under-employed and discouraged and you have a much nicer unemployment rate

I would guess (only guess) that the marginal unemployment rate is 13% and headed upwards.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by SuperSecretSquirrel]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
I just wish I had started a my own bank, you don't have to be good at it apparently
That's actually very funny.

So about that $1.3 Trillion, I had to lookup the dates and programs:

TARP $700 Billion
TARP - October 2008 - $700 Billion allocated
TARP - October 2008 - $350 Billion released
TARP - January 2009 - $350 Billion released
(Bush team and Obama team sync'd up on TARP spending post election)

Stimulus $787 Billion
Stimulus - January 2009 - $775 Billion announced by Obama
Stimulus - February 2009 - $787 Billion signed by Obama
-------------------
$1.487 Trillion

Obama Budget - February 2009
------------------
$3.6 Trillion
==========
$5 Trillion (my math is off, it's not a direct addition)

So these project a $1.75 Trillion deficit, oddly enough instead of about $5 Trillion. Of course I'm not an economist, sure there's some money coming in. However keep in mind the Bush and Obama teams were working together after election night, and they're simply continuing on the same path. Obama was effectively President after election night by working closely with the Bush team creating the smoothest power transition in history.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Not Authorized

Yeah, unless you believe the voting system in this country is rigged.

I don't think we are getting what we deserve. We are mostly victims to a corrupt and morally bankrupt system of economics.

Do you think we should blame those who are ignorant when it is a system designed to keep the majority dumbed down?

Yes, those guilty of "voluntary" ignorance are to blame. But not until a majority of the populous has been awoken, and if apathy is the flavor of the day, shall we get what we deserve.

Knowledge and information are key, but when that knowledge and information (enlightenment) is intentionally being withheld from society, who is to blame? Not society.

I'd say the Elite BANKERS are to blame in this mess.

Don't pity yourself, however, but rise to the challenge of educating the ignorant.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thefutureisuncertain

Actually, the budget was never brought down to $0.
in 1834, it was just over $34,000.00, but that is close enough

[edit on 5-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

that's just it. after the great depression the banks WERE regulated so this would not happen!

But those greedy bastards lobbied congress to have those regulations removed. I'm with you they need to fail. But this time when the regulations put into place to keep it from happening again ned to stay in place. so figure out away from keeping the generations after us from removing the regulations and the future will be good.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
if you dont want this to happen again you must take the control of making standard and printing money AWAY from bankers...."If the Nation can issue a dollar bond it can issue a dollar bill.
The element that makes the bond good makes the bill good also. The
difference between the bond and the bill is that the bond lets the
money broker collect twice the amount of the bond and an additional 20%.
Whereas the currency, the honest sort provided by the Constitution pays
nobody but those who contribute in some useful way. It is absurd to say
our Country can issue bonds and cannot issue currency. Both are promises
to pay, but one fattens the usurer and the other helps the People."

Quote by:

Thomas A. Edison
IF WE RID OURSELVES OF THE FED, WE WONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!
the FED is backed by international bankers who only care about Profit....THEIR PROFIT....they could care less about you and i.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have a theory. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area can help, or correct it.

I think I know why the gov. had to bail out all of these banks even though they and the bankers know most of them are going to fail eventually anyway. This also applies to some of the car companies, except maybe Ford.

They had to orchestrate this massive bail out in a broad way so that the banks and car companies didn't all collapse at once.

They were on the verge of collapsing like dominoes. Can you imagine waking up one morning to discover citi, Chrysler, GM and a few other banks have all collapsed. That would have created mass hysteria. That would have been very dangerous.

Instead, they had to throw a lot of money at these companies knowing that most will fail anyway, eventually.

So now you have a prolonged effect, which will take months and slowly one by one these companies will claim bankruptcy, or dissolve. This effect will have less of an impact on the economy and society than if they had all collapsed at once, or within the range of a few weeks of each other.

In other words it's much easier to absorb these blows slowly over time than to absorb it all at once, which is what would have happened.

*As evident in the actions of bank and auto executives, and members of congress.

Why in such a critical time, using "emergency funds" do the bank/auto execs arrange parties and get-aways? Because they know this is all a charade. In their minds it's over already, they might as well take advantage of this money and have some fun during their "last stand."

Same goes for member of congress. They don't seem worried at all, maybe a little concerned. But they also know this was all a charade, meant to only stave off the inevitable and to lessen the impact of collapse. This is why, in this extremely critical time they add all kinds of "ear marks" and "pork" to the bill. If things were really so critical there wouldn't be any of this nonsense happening in congress.

If the car/bank execs were really serious about saving their companies and saving thousands of jobs, they wouldn't be throwing their hands in the air and arranging parties, buying jets and luxury get-aways.

I hope that the companies will start closing up shop, sooner rather than later, so that we can get on with things.

One of my questions is, is all of this money really coming from China? In other words, is China really fronting this money. That could not ever be revealed. A communist country buying out America.
(I believe it is, but I am really not very knowledgeable on this subject.)

Take a good look at the president, members of congress on TV. They don't have a (real) care in the world. They seemed very worried a couple of months ago, but now very calm, relaxed. Maybe because they already know how this will play out: A bunch of companies will fail over a prolonged course, we will slowly absorb the blows.

After all of this we'll all be buying our cars from China as well as most of our goods including food products.

The debt will be owed to China, not our gov. (maybe).

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

thank you for the info.... but yeah 34k is pretty small....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join