It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Email About the Promise of Change

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

...we're only 2 months in... are you serious? Give the man a chance...

This instant gratification obsession is obnoxious and detrimental to our advancement as a society... stop worrying and moaning -- do your part to make things better.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlowe JNkinz

This instant gratification obsession is obnoxious and detrimental to our advancement as a society... stop worrying and moaning -- do your part to make things better.

He has one chance to get it right, and he's headed in the wrong direction. You can't spend your way out of this hole we've dug. It's a free country (for now) so I think I will use my God given right to moan away along with Gerald Celente, Glenn Beck, Karl Denninger and a multitude of others. Time is running out. Sorry if it bothers you - not. You can stay as optimistic as you need to be. Enjoy the NWO, comrade.

By the way, I think I am doing my part. For example, Sundays I go to work to help a co-worker who is stuck with 10.5 hours work for 8 hours pay. I write my legislators. I share my insights with my friends via phone and email. I work to get the truth out so people will see what's coming and do what they can to prepare instead of getting blindsided. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge, comrade.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well spoken sad_eyed_lady

Some people keep claiming to give the present administration a chance...a chance to what? to implement doctrines which have been part of dictatorships?.. Nay, we have to write to every representative, and tell them we don't want these new requirements, and laws....

Do you really want to have no say on whether you should, or should not do Community Service?....

Do you really want to have no say on what you should do with your free time?

Do you really want to lose your right to bear arms, when the Constitution clearly says the right to bear arms of all free men shall not be infringed?...and that includes assault weapons most of which ARE NOT FULLY AUTOMATIC, and even if they are, banning law abiding citizens the use of these weapons will not stop criminals from getting more fully automated weapons from the BLACK MARKET...

Do you want to allow the most expensive bill, under the pretense of a Stimilus package, to further destroy the economy of this country?

If you remain quiet, you will lose all your rights, and then there would be noone to listen to you.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just remember folks that song birds can sing pretty but could be deadly to their enemies. Also remember that your don't get something for nothing in this world no matter what party or country you belong to. Everything has its price.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Obama took office at a time where instant action was needed. It's akin to a passenger who is only somewhat familiar with how a plane works, sliding into the pilots seat in place of the pilot who has fell ill. He had to do something INSTANTLY.

I honestly don't think, even as smart as all of you are (or think you are), that you have any real clue what would have happened had this latest stimulus bill not been passed. You THINK you know.. but alas, that's the curse of know-it-alls. Everyone knows what's best for the country, and for some reason, those in power, who have the nations top experts at their disposal have no clue whatsoever.

And mind you.. I don't know what they did WAS right. And they may not fully realize the end result either. I just don't think any of YOU do either. You think you do... but do you, really?

Regardless of whether or not Obama and his administration will be able to bail the nation out of the disastrous mess created by Bush and the AMERICAN PEOPLE in time, comparing him to dictator Fidel Castro is just disgusting. I said when he took office, it wouldn't take people 6 months to sink to the lowest depths to speak out against him. I guess I was wrong... it look a lot less time than that.

You people have no idea what a real dictatorship is... as you speak your mind freely on this board. The fact that you can compare Obama to Castro without repercussions proves you are dead wrong.

I'd ask you to give them a chance, but I know it falls on deaf ears. He isn't your party, I get it. It's your patriotic duty to slam, berate, ridicule, and hate the President at all turns, because he isn't your ideal leader. And now, he is a dictator?

I honestly don't know why some of you folks are not in office, making things better. You are all so incredibly brilliant, clever, smarter than the average Joe Sheep... you obviously would cure all our nations ills in 2 months! Why are you not there? How baffling.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
History repeats itself and we never learn from it. This thread reminds me of a video made by a guy who suffered the USSR and now lives in Britain only to identify a similar course of events taking shape with the EU. WHEN WILL WE LEARN?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
He had to do something INSTANTLY. .

Whoa! Have to disagree with you on that one. All we've been hearing from our leaders is that we don't don't ACT NOW there will be dire consequences. Regarding the stimulus bill my neighbor commented: "He had to do something." No he didn't. At this point in history we don't have the luxury of making the wrong moves. The economy isn't a crap-shoot. If he goes bust, then our society and all it is based on is lost. Obama jumped into office like a novice driver hopping behind the wheels of a Formula 1 car and putting the pedal to the metal.

You fault the critics here for our lack of almighty knowledge. Good advice is falling on deaf ears. Everyday, Karl Denninger is posting ideas for handling damage control. They make more sense than anything I've heard from the Whitehouse. Maybe, you should check out his website.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

How does fear-mongering help?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

How does fear-mongering help?

Come visit this thread and you will see.
sleight of hand behind obama's agenda

Obama is using fear mongering to transform this country in ways that do not address the problems in the financial sector that are generating fully justified fear.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

google: "Fight the New World Order with Global Non Compliance"

I've done three years of work vetting other people's decades of work.

The ball is in your court.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mcguyvermanolo

very interesting video. I haven't yet checked out much of the website but i will. Much of this material I am familiar with because of david icke and others. I haven't quite figured out how not to comply in any but small ways. I like the part about love being the ultimate non compliance. Still we live in this world run on money. I haven't figured out how to step outside of that unless i would be willing to give up relationships with family and friends to live in isolation, and i'm not willing to do that.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Regardless of whether or not Obama and his administration will be able to bail the nation out of the disastrous mess created by Bush and the AMERICAN PEOPLE in time, comparing him to dictator Fidel Castro is just disgusting. I said when he took office, it wouldn't take people 6 months to sink to the lowest depths to speak out against him. I guess I was wrong... it look a lot less time than that.

You people have no idea what a real dictatorship is... as you speak your mind freely on this board. The fact that you can compare Obama to Castro without repercussions proves you are dead wrong.

I'd ask you to give them a chance, but I know it falls on deaf ears. He isn't your party, I get it. It's your patriotic duty to slam, berate, ridicule, and hate the President at all turns, because he isn't your ideal leader. And now, he is a dictator?

I honestly don't know why some of you folks are not in office, making things better. You are all so incredibly brilliant, clever, smarter than the average Joe Sheep... you obviously would cure all our nations ills in 2 months! Why are you not there? How baffling.

Really? you think that me being born in a Communist dictatorship, and growing up in a Communist dictatorship that I don't know what a dictatorship is?......

BTW, in case you didn't know. The current problem ocurred in great part thanks to the housing buble... It was during Clinton's administration that Clinton decided to sign the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act in 1999, thereby voiding the safeguards that were set up in 1933 to avoid another great depression, and which allowed banks, commercial banks, and insurance companies to give loans to people THAT COULD NOT AFFORD TO PAY THEM BACK....

You can also thank Democrat Woodrow Wilson for giving private bankers control over U.S. currency when he signed the Federal Reserve Act in 1913... This act also helped to indebt our nation, and businesses....

It was also thanks to Democrat president, Franklin Delano Roosevelt who outlawed the possesion of gold by U.S. citizens, and trapped all generations of Americans to a paper economy, puting all generations of Americans even more into the hands of private bankers, and allowing for our economy to be based on nothing more than paper, backed by empty promises from bankers...

The current economic crisis started a long time ago...and yes even Republican presidents made many mistakes which should have never been done, but the real perpetrators of the current economic crisis have been Democrats...

As for you claiming that Obama is no dictator...in a way he is not exactly the same as some dictators such as castro, YET, but then again what do you call his programs to make requirements of all Americans to do Community Service whether they want to or not?.... That is the making of a dictator...

Then we also have our own Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, telling the Chinese government and the whole world that no Human Right is more important than any crisis created by governments....

Oh, and who is to forget Emmanuel Rahm's statement that and I quote "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste, and what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you didn't think you could do before."....

We might not be in a full dictatorship yet, but we seem to be on our way to one....

BTW, it doesn't matter if Obama and Emmanuel Rahm want for ALL Americans to do 50-100 hours of Community service each year, starting from junior high and up...even if the "REQUIREMENT" was only one hour a year, it is still a MANDATORY plan, meaning YOU HAVE NO CHOICE....

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

we're only 2 months in... are you serious? Give the man a chance...

at a hundred billion a month so far?

GET REAL! The guy is an economic nightmare far worse than Bush was in eight years! I used to say we would all be wishing for the good ole days when dubya was in office.

This instant gratification obsession is obnoxious and detrimental to our advancement as a society

I this financial hemorage bleeding us of every dollar we may ever have and our grand children will ever have, isn't stopped, you can kiss our "advancement as a society" goodbye forever.

Whats a clue cost till you finally GET ONE!

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Do we know who Obama is?
Personally, no. But how personally do we know any of our prior presidents?

Do we know who his friends are?
Again - back to the personally part. No. We probably don't. Do you know who Bush's friends were? Do you remember who was on the inner-circle of Taft?

How much do we really know about him?
How much do we really know about any of the presidents? As much as they tell us.

SO

In conclusion:

Either all of our presidents were potential detractors of the USA, or this conservative malarkey isn't worth the effort put into thinking it up.

When will the anti-obama hate machine run out of gas? Seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join