It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not sure a "depopulation conspiracy" would be all that bad of a thing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If everybody only took their fair share, If everybody recycled, if greed and gluttony were abolished from the gene pool, if old growth forests weren't torn down to make Big Mac boxes, then this Earth of finite resources might stand a chance.

We are already working towards depopulating the Globe.... one Happy Meal and CRV at a time... Don't worry, we're hellbent on making the Earth completely unlivable. Just keep living beyond your means.

IRM

[edit on 4/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well you didn't word it very delicately but I understand where you're coming from. I have always been bothered by how overpopulated the world is becoming and how that will affect everyone's future quality of life. Perhaps a program where you volunteer not to have kids and get paid or something. I actually don't want kids and could use some cash.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

[...]The policy states a preference for fiber from certified well-managed forests. A more comprehensive forestry policy is one of our sustainable supply chain goals.
[...]
Today, approximately 82% of the consumer packaging used in our nine largest markets is made from renewable materials, with approximately 30% thiscoming from recycled fiber.
[...]
By the end of 2008, McDonald’s UK expects to be recycling 100% of its used cooking oil for biodiesel to fuel delivery trucks. This will be the equivalent of replacing nearly six million liters of diesel fuel.

For more info, click me!
I Wish people would stop attacking McD! Not saying that burgers are nutritious but if you are gonna eat a burger then they are the best:

McDonald's burgers are made from 100 percent beef - no binders, fillers or additives. Once the patties are made, they are immediately frozen and dispatched to the restaurants. The beef patties are cooked, without added fat or oil,
Try getting that at your local takeaway/burgervan .... .... ....

The ingredients are of highest quality, if the food isn't good, then it's because of the local underpayed, overworked, demotivated staff. If the packaging is not recycled, then it's because you didn't recycle it, but decided to chuck it out the car window instead!
But at a company level, McD acts responsibly.

@ Topic: if the earth would be overpopulated, then no, I wouldn't mind only having one child! But I do not believe that we are suffering from overpopulation yet!
As for the financial crises, it is IMHO caused by this (2nd video and can be solved very simply, by reading my second post! (4th or 5th post down!)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I know, I know, there are a number of big problems with this: A) deciding who gets to live and who gets to die;

I used to be very much against this line of thinking and would also have been the first in line to tell you to get in line first!

I've come to the conclusion that this is not a bad idea, and personally, since I love my children, I would gladly volunteer to sacrifice myself if that meant the quality of life for just one of them might be improved.

Yes there are people starving to death in the world, do to greed, but it's also a natural process, that we are delaying.

I would like to put forth an example using animals. If there is an over population, and comes a drought or an incredibly rough winter, the population of the animals will adjust to sutain the population by many of them dying off. It goes in cycles, and is natural.

Yes animals are different but think about it. The only reason humans are able to over populate is because of agriculture. You would think we could feed the world with agriculture, but because of greed that isn't happening. People recieve just enough agricultural assistance to sustain them allowing them to reproduce, thus aggravating the problem.

Instead of the process of humans dying off by way of natural selection, WE as humans, becuase we have humanitarian feelings for others are actually causing many of the problems we have by allowing others to live by just feeding them enough.

How humane is it to cause people to be stuck in a never ending cycle where they actually are forced to have a lower quality of life, and suffer?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i think we should start with all the people that spell you're as your.

learn some grammar. it completely discredits everything you say when you talk dumb like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy

learn some grammar. it completely discredits everything you say when you talk dumb like that.
wow! thats a good place to start! ill start teaching my son better spelling from now on, and really over emphasise it too. does anyone remember how either japan or china started the overpopulation control? was it where youre (sp? dont wanna get offed) only allowed to have one child and they clinically abort if you get pregnant? or was it a monetary penalty? i remember reading about it a long time ago and its very fuzzy. even at an early age it took a while to grasp it, but came a little clearer to me the longer i thought about it. im 37 now, and im gonna say it was about 25 or so years ago?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am for medical genetic erradication... simply put if your families genes are prone to say a illness that has no remedy that is heritity related. I support male and female sterilzation, to put an end to untold generation after generation of missery and burdenship on the rest of society.
so, if you come from a long line of stroke strikeners, as a example you could be charged with genetic erradication - which would purge the source or limbs of gentic burdens ... In the early 1920's - 40's various governments noticed this and put various genetic progams - which migrated to population control programs. we can have healthy people if we can cull out these defects if you will - through no off spring programs.

is it time to go back to the past to cure the future... ?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thats a hot subject. I've been talking about that for some times with my friends. While I'm not for "active" depopulation, I feel that we are "stretching the elastic" by the way western civilization consumes and act. I wonder if the chinese didn't have a good idea by limiting the number of children? Or by issuing a "licence to reproduce" of some sort. It is very hard to have those kind of talk without being labelled as a "nazi".

One way or the other, earth's population will have to be reduced. If we are not mature enough as a civilization to do it ourselves, a virus/meteor/nuclear war will do it for us.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy

I think we should start with people who mistake grammar for spelling.

As for talking, who's talking here? People are TYPING in responses.

Let's also not forget that many people who respond here, do not use English as their primary language!

As for people suggesting getting paid for not having children, or for limiting the amount of children allowed to families, have you been sterilized? Accidents do happen!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I think Hitler was doing a similar program.

Trying to clean the human race!

That is morally absolutly out of order!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Not a bad idea at all.

Start with the politicians, then the violent criminal element, then any hard core drug dealers.

Maybe then the life long welfare group you know the ones that draw welfare and commit crimes or sell drug while on welfare.
That should take care of about 40% of the worthless.
add the tree huggers that complain about everyone else being alive.
and the anti guns people they will be the easiest to get rid of because they did have guns to protect themselves with.
that should get the numbers up to 60% gone.

I know someone here will complain because they are on my list.

Maybe they should go first.
or maybe those that think they can rule everyone like the libirals in the cailf that try to make everything fun illegal or tax us for it..

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ANNED]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join