It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Not flawed!

Very groovish and on the button!

A brigantine is pretty decent was worn particulary by the reivers and other folks in a dangerous area such as the borders etc.

en.wikipedia.org...:Brigandine,_Italian,_c1470,_Royal_Armoury,_Leeds_(internal_view).JPG

Yeah, like that sort of thing. I wasn't really sure of exactly how to present it here, since everyone was talking about armour for use against guns. Which is quite different. I'd personally say to go with some thick leather for this use, probably easiest to use in general as well as constructive when you are in a Sit X, since you don't really want to waste anything off of a nice tasty animal. Sure it probably isn't so great against an actual stab, but your fighting technique is probably a bit flawed if they can get that in on you anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Sorry man, but a bow or crossbow will penetrate soft body armor. A level IV ballistic plate will stop an arrow. Soft body armor will not. You would be better off getting shot with a 9mm.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I found a video on youtube that aptly demonstrates just how hard-hitting a crossbow bolt can be

The crossbow is a 150lb draw Barnett Commando recurve (one of those rare break-action models) flinging standard field-points from a range of 15-20mtr at a piece of 3mm aluminium box-beam

..disturbing to say the least!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
WOW!! That is scary. And him playing some motorhead in the background, got me pumped and then he shot the 3mm metal and went through both sides. WOW I want one of those. But I don't want to be shot by it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
He's not a bad shot either.

How about fence hopping into his garden?

Shotgun-not!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join