It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subcomandante Marcos' words on Independent Press - An Excellent and Interesting View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Subcomandante Marcos from Chiapas, Mexico addresses the Free Media Conference in New York

I found this to be interesting for several reasons. First, I had almost forgotten about Chiapas, as I have not seen anything about it lately.
Second, I found Marcos to be very well spoken and thoughtful in his words. I can only imagine fighting a "war" as they are for their people and having no one to hear them being killed off - the world didn't hear their pleas. His words have an extra meaning in the fight for independent journalism and the importance of their voices being heard within the communications/media juggernaut.
Finally, I thought his view of globalization and the destruction of minorities that make up a majority is spot on. He seems to say a lot of things that people on this site say. I think if you visit the survival forum often, you may want to shoot this guy an email.

www.liveleak.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes indeed, he's "spot on".
We have so much things to learn.
Our way to real manship is soooo long !

Beeing open minded is a prerequisit.
Then, LOVE may enter our hearts.
And that is true for ALL men.
Not only us.
Every man on earth including us, is a victim of a rotten, immoral, selfish, greedy system.
This is also the result of man's nature.
As long as Man is unable to change his nature, this system will survive, or revive.

yes, our way to real manship is soooo long !

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, orkson. I agree we have "a long way to go and a short time to get there, but we gonna do what they say can't be done." Wow, that came out of no where; gotta love Smokey and the Bandit memories...anyway; the amazing thing to me is that we are moving closer to many of us "putting up or shutting up" - it will be interesting to see who comes to the front when it all goes down.
My "bad vibe" line of the day.
Viva los periodicos independientes!

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thought the intriguing Spanish name would draw one or two more views. I for one am impressed by his words.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Great video brother. Very good indeed. S & F.

Anyway to contact this gentleman?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.x211
Great video brother. Very good indeed. S & F.

Anyway to contact this gentleman?

Thanks for that Mr.x211 - if one is looking to contact Sr. Marcos head to Chiapas. If a trip is not possible, here is more info on him that may help.

SubcomandanteSubcomandante MarcosMarcosMarcos, also known as Insurgente MarcosMarcosMarcos and Delegado Cero, is the anonymous spokesperson of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation, based in Chiapas, Mexico. The name SubcomandanteSubcomandanteSubcomandante MarcosMarcosMarcos is believed to be an acronym that makes reference to some of the first locations where the army started their fight. SubcomandanteSubcomandanteSubcomandante MarcosMarcosMarcos has made clear in different occasions that he is not the leader of the Zapatistas, but rather a supporter. The army, consisting mainly of indigenous Mayans, also counts with the support of white rural workers and sympathizers who understand the plight of the locals.

SubcomandanteSubcomandanteSubcomandante MarcosMarcosMarcos has never revealed his true identity, but the Mexican government believes his real name is Rafael Sebastián Guillén Vicente. Guillén was an active member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party while he was teaching Philosophy at Metropolitan Autonomous University (UAM) in Mexico City, which would go along with SubcomandanteSubcomandanteSubcomandante MarcosMarcosMarcos's speech that the "Zapatista movement is more about ideas than bullets."

www.wisegeek.com...

Regarding the movement and dissemination of beliefs:

The Zapatistas believe in non-violent protest, and make active use of peace marches and the Internet to share their message. They oppose globalization and fight for the autonomy of the native population of Mexico. Subcomandante Marcos has also widely campaigned against the World Trade Organization and the economic sanctions imposed by the United States on worldwide markets.

Since 1996, Subcomandante Marcos has written 21 books, some of which have gone on to be printed in numerous editions and translated into several languages. La Historia de los Colores / The Story of Colors, a bilingual edition of one of his most famous books, is actually a retelling of an old Mayan children's fable that speaks of tolerance and solidarity. Subcomandante Marcos is also an avid correspondent, having written more than 250 stories and essays directed to newspapers and magazines, or used as press releases.
ex]

Interesting man, more needs to be known.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree brother.

And anytime.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hmmm...was rereading some old posts and I thought I'd throw this one out again. My downfall is idealism and those who are willing to risk all in the name of truth. The meek may inherit the Earth on day, but for now I can only see a boot heel grinding in whatever remains of said possible inheritors.

I am sending out positive thoughts to all mankind.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join