It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Obviously, anybody who calls 911 because McDonald's is out of nuggets is WHACKED. No exceptions.

That is not why she called the police. I've listened to the numerous police calls that she made and she was told she was talking to the manager or supervisor at the time. That woman called 911 because she was a victim of a crime. McDonalds stole her money.

Let's meet up on craigslist or something and you try to buy something from me... I'll tell you I don't have it but I can sell you something of equal value.

You want your money back? Oh no no... I can't do that because I'm offering you this other object which is of equal value but something you were never interested in, in the first place.

and then I'll get punched in the face.

I think she did the right thing... she definitely called way too many times... but what else do you expect her to do? What if she doesn't have a lot of money? What if $3 is part of her food budget? I would want the police to take care of a small situation such as a stolen bike as a stolen child. That's why we pay taxes.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What's sad is the police made this woman out to be the bad one. Police don't even care about her and the money she was owed. Maybe the police get a discount at McDonald's and didn't want to jeopardize their meals there. She should of called the police not 911 and I see that McDonald's is sending her refund back to her and a card for a free meal. The damage is done now and I'd tell that McDonald's to stick that refund and the card where the sun doesn't shine and never eat there again. Just another example of our rights being trampled on by Corporations, police and the court system.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

She didnt ask for her money back or for anything else she phoned because she was probarly really overwieght and could not be bothered to get up and ask them for someth9ing else which will make her even more overwieght and probarly help in killing her.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Juksey

She asked the manager/supervisor numerous times for her money back because she did NOT want anything else on the menu. She paid for a service that the establishment did not give her... so the only reasonable thing would be to give her money back right?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Guess that worker won't be working at that location anymore. Mc Donalds doesn't necessarily have a shinning reputation anymore, and I'm sure that this employee didn't help matters for them either.

Was she nuts for calling? I guess so, she should've tried to approach a supervisor instead. But that doesn't excuse the employee's lack of good judgment either. Yes, it was outright theft. They didn't have what the customer wanted, the customer didn't want anything else from the menu, so she should've gotten her money back period. Why is this so hard to understand?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
All I have to say is that I lived in the Pizzle for a couple years, even went to a year and 1/2 of HS there.

This doesn't surprise me one bit......
Glad to have gotten out of that place when I did

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You know, I think this goes alot deeper than people give it credit for.

We have an entitlement society, it is an instant gratification factory and it is a good way to create a false sense of control. People think they are in control only because we tell them that they are always right...They're only the last winner rather than the worst loser. Corporate and government policies are often used to create an abusive environment, and we've had many years of this attitude being shoved down our throats everywhere we go.

I used to work for PETCO. They have the best customer service policy and training I had ever experienced in that sector of the economy. They really do a great job over there. But they don't allow you to stand up for yourself when you're being treated like crap by a customer.

I had a 280 lbs wannabe wiseguy in my store once calling one of my female co-workers a few things that would just get censored here. They were really bad things. So I went over there and got in front of him and said "Hey buddy, you gotta leave now." He did so, called corporate, and made his way back in only to come after me. I got fired for what happened next.

Our corporate and government culture work this way, and allow this sort of thing to take place. This lady is no different. She's an entitled little bitch, then kind that really believe they are owed something by everyone around them. When the SHTF this little attitude is going to turn into hopelessness and death really fast.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Damn strait! Running out of chicken nuggets... She took action, and I like it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I agree with you the woman is a retard there's no debating that. My understanding of the story is they would not refund her money but only offered to give her something else, that is wrong. She paid for nuggets give her nuggets if you don't have any give her the money back. Apply this sitation to many others and you will see my piont. Simple example a man goes to a strip club pays for a lap dances the owner sayes all the girls are busy but jim long dong will do it. Like I said the women is ignorant but so is A) the employee or B) the Mcdonalds policey

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"AW HELL NAW, I WANT MY CHICKEN WANGS"

Like they said, I hope she gets a decent amount of community service for the stunt she pulled.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Uh-oh Team America Food Police here to save the mother f*cking day. Yeah!!!!!!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Beach Bum]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join