It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just so I get this straight, you all see the Law broken as the woman who was stolen from calling 911? Right, that is what you all are saying right? I just want to make sure that I know what kind of people I discuss things with, and since no one but me seems to think STEALING FROM AMERICANS is bad I will just say...

This country has gone to hell in a hand basket when Americans side with corporations for sealing and against Americans for calling the Police when defrauded ans stolen from...

Disgusting state of affairs if you ask me when the responses are about a black chick smoking weed and such when the story posted says the Employee violated McDonald's rules. SO Moderators are we going to allow the racism of the black chick smoking weed and getting the munchies comment go? I thought illicit drug topic was closed just a few days ago, am I wrong?

Careful what you wish for America, you just might get it!!! Kudos to the woman for calling 911 and BAD COP NO DOUGHNUT for arresting the wrong person,the THIEF had the McDonald's outfit on, shoulda been easy to spot.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Besides,
Everybody knows that you pay off irate Mcnuggets freaks with Happy Meals.

Yes. Kinda gives literal meaning to the term "Two fries short of a Happy Meal. Or in this case...Ten chicken nuggets short..."

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Yeah. I see your point. Not giving the woman her money back was pretty crappy. But not an emergency. She should have called the non-emergency police line if she felt it should be dealt with by police.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You cant be serious. You DO understand that the people at Mcdonalds make like $6 an hour and I HIGHLY doubt THEY were trying to rip her off. She pulls up, places her order and the person at the window enters it. As she pulls up the cooks say hey we dont have nuggets. OK...women is at the window so the employee says..Hi sorry we are out of mcnuggets, rules tell me I can't refund your money BUT I can give you something in their place. What would you like.

Now the brainiac retard doesnt ask to see the manager about the refund, instead calls the cops...wow bright. AND is to stupid to say OK I'll suck it up for tonight and take the other food instead. NOOOOO gott abe greedy, and act like a spoiled jack---. So NO Mcdonalds did NOT rip her off...ripping her off would mean they took her money and DIDNT offer to give something in place of the nuggets which they were out of. Fraud..wow man..just wow.

To take this retards side in this over $3 nuggets is assinine. And you talk about why this country is the way it is...its because of people like this woman and people like you who wanna sue over something SOOOOO stupid.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Calling 911 is the solution to the problem was it? you honestly believe that?

Yeah the employee was in the wrong but they offered an alternate meal though so it wasn't like they told her to get over it.

But you still believe this trivial incident required her to call 911?

Ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
911, tie up the courts, cost tax payers money, take up the time of the cops, etc etc etc over $3 mcnuggets....gotta be on the top 10 list of stupidist things americans do because we think we are intitled...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

If you spent $100,000 for one house, and when you showed up to take possession they sent you down the street to another one you didnt like as much, would you still feel the same way?

I know the dollar amounts are less, but when you make a sale to someone the terms of the agreement are that you get what you paid for. Not just what they happened to have at hand. If one person cannot keep up their end of the contract, the contract is nullified. In this example, she bought McNuggets, at a specific price. If she had taken possession of the McNuggets, and then offered them bus tokens instead of cash, how do you think that would have gone?

It goes the same for McDonalds. She contracted with them for McNuggets, no McNuggets, no contract. She was legally right. She just shouldnt have dialed 911 to prove it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by Marked One

I am sure no one will agree with me, and her use of 911 was not right use. But, the cops should have arrested the employee from McDonald's for STEALING, Theft by Deception, and fraud. That woulda woke up the dimwitted employee who obviously, as the story states, violated McDonald's rules on giving a refund.

It is against the law to sell something you don't own and to keep the money, funny none of you seemed to pick up on that fact. You prefer to think it's over chicken nuggets and not outright theft and fraud by McDonald's. I personally hope some unscrupulous attorney has already contacted this woman and is ready to file charges against McDonald's. If hot coffee is worth 1 million, theft should be worth 10 million. Besides I bet no McDonald's employee would ever ever ever tell a customer they couldn't have their money back again if McDonald's paid for this blatant fraud, deception and theft.

If it had been me, they would have been arresting me for assault not 911 calls... To all of you that think it's OK for corporations to defraud and steal from hard working Americans, shame on you...

No way. Shame on you for suggesting to sue. You are suggesting this has altered her life in some negative way? She has been hurt by this? Was there a little bit of embarrassment in a macdonalds line? If I fart in an elevator i'm gonna sue you if you smell it. It embarrasses me. Lol. You're right on the theft tho. That would totally irk me too but i mean c'mon any sane person needs to know how to deal with that situation or else they're just one step closer to hopeless.

link   
Didn't this happen at burger king in FL as well!?!?

A man asked for a lemonade...they said they were out...he called the cops...the cops gave him a ticket.

How dumb are people honestly? If this is how the average person thinks then we are all light years ahead of them.

link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Just so I get this straight, you all see the Law broken as the woman who was stolen from calling 911? Right, that is what you all are saying right? I just want to make sure that I know what kind of people I discuss things with, and since no one but me seems to think STEALING FROM AMERICANS is bad I will just say...

This country has gone to hell in a hand basket when Americans side with corporations for sealing and against Americans for calling the Police when defrauded ans stolen from...

Disgusting state of affairs if you ask me when the responses are about a black chick smoking weed and such when the story posted says the Employee violated McDonald's rules. SO Moderators are we going to allow the racism of the black chick smoking weed and getting the munchies comment go? I thought illicit drug topic was closed just a few days ago, am I wrong?

Careful what you wish for America, you just might get it!!! Kudos to the woman for calling 911 and BAD COP NO DOUGHNUT for arresting the wrong person,the THIEF had the McDonald's outfit on, shoulda been easy to spot.

I am in agreement with you. All kidding aside. You have a good point. And nobody is making racist comments. So moderators? Hold your fire. I got this under control.

But look. If I was in this person's shoes? You know what I would do? NOT CALL 911. That's for sure!

What would I do instead? Pop a Mentos in my mouth.

And I would return to tell the clerk operating the drive through. "Hey thanks for not returning my money. I'll just go take my business over to Sonic. Good day!" And then I'd call their corporate office and repeat the same thing to them.

Followed by making a nice neat little sign that reads "Speaker broken. Please yell!" in big bold black letters. And I would tape it to their little drive-through squawk box. Believe me the laughs I would get that follow would more than compensate for my losses. Not to mention save me money on an attorney. The clerk however is going to be spending BIG money on treatment for hearing loss.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Umm
A HOUSE...a lifetime investment, something you live in, that is part of your life and families life. Something that gains value, and can be kept in the family for MANY years

Chicken Mcnuggets...pre-processed food. Fast food, last up to 1 hour after cooked, after that they go bad. Deep fried and served in a colorful paper box with your choice of dipping sauce..

Ok I see your point...they are both pretty identical in importance...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Side-note: long time ago when I heard that McDonalds was going to start letting people pay for their meals with credit cards. I thought to myself; "THAT'S GREAT!"

Now what's the fun of being morbidly obese if you're not bankrupt as well. Maybe that's why the economy is in the current straits that it is in.

Seriously though whoever brought up the notion of suing McDonalds over not returning the customer's money? (If a spilled cup of hot coffee is worth a million then your money not being returned to you is worth 100 million). I'd say that's a neat little idea.

Although like I said previously. You can save yourself a ton of money when you think like me and do what I would have done as opposed to calling 911. I wouldn't even bother to call the police department's non-emergency number.

But to put it bluntly?

The advantage of suing McDonalds: big bucks in your pocket from your settlement in court.

The disadvantage of suing McDonalds: Really bad publicity. Especially having your ass made fun of for three nights straight on the Tonight Show.

[edit on 3/3/09 by Marked One]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

No, you dont see the point. The law is the law underlying both things. I agree with you to the point that she absolutely did not need to call 911. That was pretty dumb. But she has a legal right to her money back. She does NOT have to accept a substitute.

You dont get to violate the law just because the dollar amount is small. If you rob a bank and get away with $3 you are guilty of the same crime as if you got away with $10,000 dollars.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This is amazing... I can't believe this person.

I mean seriously... she needs to have her head examined.

But yes... community service... and she should never be allowed in another mcdonalds ever again.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i like the idea of a chicken slaughterhouse but make her work there until they run out of chickens and then just tell her "sorry ma'am this is why you couldn't get your disgusting fattening mcnuggets- we ran out of chickens to ship"
and after having been a fireman for years i know how people abuse the 911 system over something stupid- so i don't sympathize one bit. and i know here where i live abuse of the system for stupid crap like this is an offense that carries fines and possible jail time.
and rcwj i could only imagine if you were on that shift and showed up to that call!!!!! wish i was there for that . i'm not going to be able to sleep now i'm so roflmfao

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by rcwj75

If you rob a bank and get away with $3 you are guilty of the same crime as if you got away with $10,000 dollars.

Actually the law says if the theft is of fifty dollars or over? Then you can expect a significantly severe punishment as opposed to a little slap on the wrist and maybe a few days in jail. Also that depends on how good of an attorney you have.

Now I'm not necessarily saying you can go rob a convenience store and ask the clerk only to give you three dollars and not all the cash in the register. And then go rob another convenience store for another three dollars. And get away with it. Trust me it's not going to work like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Obviously this woman is an idiot, but it's pretty sad that the McDonald's wouldn't give her a refund on her order.

And how does a McDonald's run out of nuggets? That's like a Pizza Hut running out of pepperoni or a Long John Silver's running out of fish..

Couple that with telling the lady that all sales are final when she technically didn't buy anything since they didn't have the nuggets she paid for and you have a pretty crappy McDonald's franchise..

I see no difference in this going to a car dealership, agreeing to buy a car of a certain make, model, color and with certain amenities; then paying for it only to be told that they don't have that specific vehicle and telling you that all sales are final and refusing you a refund. To me, the amount of money at issue here is inconsequential.

The woman's mistake was repeatedly calling 911, not calling the police in general. She should have used the non-emergency phone number. As far as I know, an officer would have responded to keep the peace and try to diffuse the situation and talk some sense into the McDonald's.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by zephyrs]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenic
But yes... community service... and she should never be allowed in another mcdonalds ever again.

Never being allowed to eat calorie engrossed fast-food? How is that punishment?

Is that the new "Complain And Be Refused" diet? Which involves "complain over lousy service and get refused of service by McDonald's".

Originally posted by zephyrs
And how does a McDonald's run out of nuggets? That's like a Pizza Hut running out of pepperoni or a Long John Silver's running out of fish..

Believe me! That CAN and WILL happen. I've personally witnessed it. I use to work at a fast-food joint. It's funny as hell when something like that happens.

McDonalds ran out of nuggets simply because when your customers are REALLY REALLY REALLY lovin' them nuggets? The supply tends to dry out rather quickly. Especially when your customers are obese. Just read this.

[edit on 3/4/09 by Marked One]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
McDonalds does this on a regular basis. When my children were young, more than once I had the same dumb chicken nugget issue,,,they sold them to me, but after 10 minutes or so, they find they did not have any.

It is a scam...but hey, we all need to donate to charity now and then.
And this particular McDonalds...hardly any of them spoke English. You just smile, say thank you and let them rip you off. They think it is funny.

Now...I dont ever eat there, my kids are grown. But it is a very profitable practice to sell things you do not have to deliver. And what the hey...they know we feel guilty for ordering fast convenience food from those who do not even speak english...they know all to well that we will be too embarrassed to ask for a refund. They tell their employees not to issue refunds.

If you ordered a fillet mignon, and someone wants to give you a duck breast, what the hey. This is America! We dont care. Take our money!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
No, you dont see the point. The law is the law underlying both things. I agree with you to the point that she absolutely did not need to call 911. That was pretty dumb. But she has a legal right to her money back. She does NOT have to accept a substitute.

You dont get to violate the law just because the dollar amount is small. If you rob a bank and get away with $3 you are guilty of the same crime as if you got away with $10,000 dollars.

I do see the point...I do. I know where you and the other member are coming from but in MY mind what kind of person are you to sue over this, or to freak out over this. Her mental status and overall personality just showed me who she is, what shes about and definitly NOT the type of person I would EVER wanna know or associate with. And to want to sue and make this as big of a deal as you and the other member want to by tying up the courts and legal system says all I need to hear about the kind of people living among me. Sorry but life is to short and life is to good to go nuts and demand and sue to get rich over $3 nuggets.

I cant imagine telling my kids and family how I got a new house, new car, new clothing, etc because I sued Mcdonalds for not having mcnuggets and having the nerve to want to substatute with another item. You have to be a VERY sad sad person to wanna be this woman or defend something this trivial. I would be ashamed to even know this girl.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join