It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Threat of Mexican Drug Cartels Approaching 'Crisis Proportions'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Mexico troops move in to retake warring border city
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika

Originally posted by Common Good
Not to mention all of the illegals that are over here already. Who do you think they would fight for, us? Maybe it is mexico that is planning something major on the US for treating them like Sht all these years. If it is a war they want, Im sure we will be able to make their aquaintance. . Now Americans will probably have to die for their stupid asses. God Bless America.

Where are you getting the idea that Mexico wants to fight the US?
Honestly, that is total disinformation. It all adds to the fire.
What is true though, is the violence that is bleeding into the US caused by the drug cartels, not the ordinary Mexican citizens. I honestly believe that no one in their right mind, Mexicans or Americans, want violence.
It has all to do with drug trafficking and expanding the business.

Im sorry if I made that seem like I was saying that they want to go to arms with us, Thats not what I meant. yes, i know, I wrote it and it says what it says, but i guess I didnt make myself clear enough.

With that said, I still think they are a threat to us, and they always have been. Not because of drugs, because I think thats our own damn fault, but with the way that we handle them as a whole. They have been able to come over here for decades without any reprocussions. If they really wanted to, they could have all sorts of places in the US already set up just in case we did interfer with what they were doing. None of our politicians want to touch Mexico with a 10 foot poll because they are afraid of thebacklash. Mexico is just as dangerous as any other country, including our own do to the fact that they are everywhere in the US now, hell I am one of the very few real Americans left on my street. Most of my neighbors are mexicans, and most of them dont speak english, so without saying, I dont know my neighbors and thats the scary part. If something were to happen here in the US such as an economic collapse, civil war, whatever the case may be, I am going tohave to fight a lot harder than they will just to survive on my own street. But I do have the fat hawaiin guy across the street to help me out. If you ask me, we are at war with Mexico, we have been for a very long time, all while calling them our friends. And its not the warfare you are used to, this is economic warfare.
Think of all the money that goes back to Mexico from the US. Look at all the drug cartels fighting with their govts right now, you think they would be doing that if we werent buying their drugs? Once we lock down our borders, and prevent them from comming in, there will be conflict. We are part of this problem, and if our govt wasnt so god damned stupid, then they(mexicandrug cartels) wouldnt have the arms or money to be fighting their govt right now. Its going to spill into the US, mark my words. Once it does, it will get so ugly that nobody will want to leave their homes to go get a loaf of bread. It seems that these days nobody wants to lift a damn finger out to stop any of this, and yet those same people are the ones who criticize the most. If you ask me, I think this should be put in front of the linebefore Afghanistan. The hell with afghanistan, we have our own battle right here at home. We dont need to go chasing someone who might not even exist in the first place wasting more of our own military members lives. We need to fight the battle here at home.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The 100,000 # is misleading. What.. are they going to march 100k soldiers across our border? No.. we'd obliterate them in short order.

As far as overall activity and violence on the border, I can believe that. But it doesn't happen in the open country. These drug dealers are hitting towns. They need contacts... they need buyers. They live in cities. They need to meet the threat where it pops up. We do need a lot more security on our border now. Obviously.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Please don't make the mistake of mixing normal Mexican citizens with drug cartels.. they are two very separate groups. Most 'normal Mexicans' hate these cartels just as much as Americans. I live and work in Mexico at the moment, and the people I come in contact with daily are just like any American, they want to provide for their families, keep themselves safe, and live life as free as they can.

Now, are these reports accurate? Sure they are.. if anything they are off by saying there are only 100k cartel soldiers, that is not taking into account all of the military members that are payed off by the cartels.. trust me, there's a lot of that.

I don't wish to argue over the subject. I am a proud American. I just ask you all to think before you lump the two groups together. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I've smoked some pot that probably came from or through Mexico and though I hardly ever snort coc aine, what I have snorted probably came through Mexico, so I, along with hundreds of millions of other Americans and Canadians have fed the demand for drugs.

If we just legalized all drugs, the Mexican Cartels would just become legitimate businessmen, as they should be. Doesn't that sound much more logical than militarizing the border or demonizing Mexicans who are just trying to make a living?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
EXCLUSIVE: 100,000 foot soldiers in Mexican cartels
www.washingtontimes.com...

Holy Cow!!! This is gettin' serious now!!!

Holy Crap!!!
American gangsters wish they could organize like that.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
20 dead in Mexico prison riot, official says
edition.cnn.com...

Mexican president announces three high-level resignations
edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

With that said, I still think they are a threat to us, and they always have been. Not because of drugs, because I think thats our own damn fault, but with the way that we handle them as a whole. They have been able to come over here for decades without any reprocussions.

I totally agree with you on that one. They let the problem grow to huge proportions, never took control of the situation, in fact, if it had been intelligently planned decades ago, both countries would be in a win-win situation. With that said, now it is almost impossible to reverse.
Close the border, I agree, but what do you do with the millions of illegals that are already here (in general, not only from Mexico)?
It would be a huge cost $$$ and I highly doubt that their countries of origin would want to pay for their transportation back. Then have them stay here and make them legal residents?
I know, it is such a complicated issue.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by troos1

If we just legalized all drugs, the Mexican Cartels would just become legitimate businessmen, as they should be. Doesn't that sound much more logical than militarizing the border or demonizing Mexicans who are just trying to make a living?

I doubt that they will ever legalize drugs. It would bring their street cost down tremendously and then everyone high-up involved worldwide in the business would lose profits. That's exactly what they don't want.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Legalize drugs NOW to stop their funding...and bring our troops home instead of fighting everywhere else.

It's about time America worries about itself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join