It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Threat of Mexican Drug Cartels Approaching 'Crisis Proportions'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

U.S. Says Threat of Mexican Drug Cartels Approaching 'Crisis Proportions'
Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Two of Mexico's deadliest drug cartels have reached a combined force of 100,000 foot soldiers, wreaking havoc across the country and threatening U.S. border states, the U.S. Defense Department told The Washington Times.

The cartels rival the Mexican army in size and have both Mexico and the U.S. in crisis mode as they deal with what they fear is a coming insurgency along the border.

"It's moving to crisis proportions," an unidentified defense official told The Times. The official also said the cartels have reached a size where they are on par with Mexico's army of 130,000.
www.foxnews.com...

EXCLUSIVE: 100,000 foot soldiers in Mexican cartels
www.washingtontimes.com...

Holy Cow!!! This is gettin' serious now!!!

Mexico .gov to Ups the Ante - Sending 1000 additional FEDERALES to Juarez
www.thetreeofliberty.com...

In Praise of Mexico's War on Drugs
online.wsj.com...

Is the United States Really Threatened by Mexican Drug Cartels?
mexico.foreignpolicyblogs.com...

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not to mention all of the illegals that are over here already. Who do you think they would fight for, us? Hah! If this spills over the border, or on the border, we are going to be fighting people on both sides, which is tough to do. Its like fighting the enemy while makin sure your friends dont cap you in the back. Maybe it is mexico that is planning something major on the US for treating them like Sht all these years. If it is a war they want, Im sure we will be able to make their aquaintance. This shouldnt be happening though, Mexico let this happen to themselves as they stood by the whole time and watched while their country just got worse and worse. Now Americans will probably have to die for their stupid asses. God Bless America.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be a matter of national security? What is Homeland security doing about this?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

hahahahahahaha!
Thats what we been screaming for 20+ years.
This is why our politicians should start listening to the people instead of trying to fulfill their own agendas

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Wouldn't this be a matter of national security? What is Homeland security doing about this?

They are assuring us that everything will be ok once they get rid of all of Bushs' policies.

Democrates hate war because it isn't good for them once it comes to elections. That is why Clinton sat on his butt when the first WTC bombing and the USS Cole bombing happened.

When it comes to either winning a war or being elected they would rather be elected.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So you're telling a country half way around the world was a threat to National Security while a country which borders several US States is not a threat? Talk about being asleep at the wheel for the past 20 years.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Maybe THIS was the "Test" Biden was talkin' about???

If it walks like a duck...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
...Maybe it is mexico that is planning something major on the US for treating them like Sht all these years...

Mexico isn't planning ANYTHING. OVer the last 3o years or so, the sloshing oceans of drug money first permiated the "legitimate" banking world through laundry, and then this money was used to worm the influence of cartels deeper and deeper into government. The result has been a virtually total takeover of the government by organized crime. Think of it as a "narcocracy." The only thing these pople are planning is how to get more cash for their "product," how to slaughter the rival gangs, and who to bribe so the gravy train keeps rollong. Looking for grand-strategy explanations rooted in ideology is a BIG mistake in this situation. Watch "New Jack City" for a good sense of how things are going donw (albeit on a much, much larger level).

[edit on 3/3/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Gates: US Military Could Help Mexico Fight Drug Cartels
www.defenselink.mil...

Sounds like they MIGHT have SOME kind of plan....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Gates: US Military Could Help Mexico Fight Drug Cartels
www.defenselink.mil...

Sounds like they MIGHT have SOME kind of plan....

I would rather fight in Mexico than in Afgahnistan. You guys ever eat Iraqi food? I have, it leaves something to be desired, like toilet paper. You will run out before that food gets through with you.

Atleast I could find me a good burrito stand.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Im sure that they werent planning anything either. I know that they arent trying to take the USA, Im just pointing out that they have been a threat to us for many years, and we have just stood by and watched it happen.
They knew that we werent doing anything about it, and quite frankly, they could have done anything they wanted to us if they really wanted to since the flood gates have been open for so long. Im sure that there is no plot to try to mess with us, but in a sense, they already are. New Jack City= Great movie..First time I saw it I was a kid, and my uncle let me and my cousin watch it for the first time cause it was R-rated and had naked chics and narcotics in it.

Im just saying, we need to be really careful when it comes to the likes of Mexico, since they are indeed living in our house.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Another thing to think about...

What Army are we going to send to help?
Ours is temporarily unavailable at the moment...
...and what weapons are we going to use against them?
Hope ya'll stocked up at Dicks Sporting Store...that's where they got theirs...so I hear...

WOW...that wuz fast...zipped right off the new list...

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm going to post here what I posted in another thread:

Occam's Razor. As long as there is demand for drugs in the United States, there will be supply to meet it. Colombia used to be the largest exporter of coc aine and now it's Mexico. Didn't we use to say "Those Colombians" back in the 80s? Now it's "Those Mexicans". If we "take care" of Mexico, another country will replace the supply source. Guess what? We'll be blaming the new country and doing nothing about our demand, which is where the real cancer is.

Our Drug War has been the most effective war ever fought in the history of the United States. It has kept drug prices up! You control the supply and eliminate your competition and you have yourself a very nice MONOPOLY.

People, when are we going to stop playing the blame game and start looking at the source of the problem(s)? It's not Mexico; it's our demand, which has to be met. You end the demand and that takes care of the supply.

The blame game is a pure waste of energy and resources!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitico

To put it simply, "our" 'War on Drugs', has been a total and complete failure. If our government wasn't hell-bent on making sure we could not use certain plants that come naturally from mother nature, and the derivatives thereof... They would be a lot cheaper, government could tax them to no end, and.. well, it would stop you having to pay for life in prison for pot smokers.

The people are gunna keep wanting drugs, and it's our right to. The CIA wanted to keep them illegal, so they could keep bringing in their profits. Now, like I have said in another thread... IF the CIA felt that these Mexicans were competition in the market, they woulda been stopped. So I am 100% under the belief that this was allowed to happen.

If we legalized drugs, it would push the power and wealth to the people/government, instead of the CIA and criminals. Drug use will never stop, people need to accept it... and think about deciding who should be bringing in the profits. I for one am just TIRED of it being the criminals bringing in all this wealth and power.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

US continues to be in a permanent state of national emergency since March 9, 1933, and possibly as far back as the Civil War
--Senate report 93-549 (1973)

On April 15, 1861,
President Lincoln reconvened Congress under the Executive branch by proclamation (number 1): "I do hereby, in virtue of the power in me vested by the Constitution, convene both Houses of Congress."

Ceasar (President) is now in full control even over the Senate (Congress).

A Presidential dictatorship has been imposed on U.S. citizens. The sad thing is, "Most American people do not realize it yet."

The corporate government created in 1871 will continue to exist as long as:

"state of war" or "emergency" exists (War on Drugs, War on Poverty, War on Terrorism, War on Iraq, etc.),

the President does not terminate "martial" or "emergency" powers by Executive Order or decree, or

the people do not resist submission and terminate by restoring lawful civil courts, processes and procedures under authority of the "inherent political powers" of the people.

The Original Thirteenth Amendment
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Napolitano, he new Homeland Security boss says nothing to worry about. They have a contingency plan in case the violence and problems cross the border.
Here's a clue she could use. The other day the highway heading south out of Brownsville, TX was shut down because of a shoot out between cartel members was occuring on our side of the border.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Not to mention all of the illegals that are over here already. Who do you think they would fight for, us? Maybe it is mexico that is planning something major on the US for treating them like Sht all these years. If it is a war they want, Im sure we will be able to make their aquaintance. . Now Americans will probably have to die for their stupid asses. God Bless America.

Where are you getting the idea that Mexico wants to fight the US?
Honestly, that is total disinformation. It all adds to the fire.
What is true though, is the violence that is bleeding into the US caused by the drug cartels, not the ordinary Mexican citizens. I honestly believe that no one in their right mind, Mexicans or Americans, want violence.
It has all to do with drug trafficking and expanding the business.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I will post this on the other thread too.
Drug cartels crossing into U.S.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Mexico' drug production up
They make 50 billion a year and we pay 50 billion a year on the war on drugs who is winning?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join