It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign troops preventing civil unrest?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

wow. Thats fascinating, but whats your point?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It is just ironic to me that here I am approaching my 60Th year on this planet, it is still in existence and I am still losing sleep over something that I've been in dread of for over 1/2 a century, that may never occur..... I'm an old man who has been caught up in all of the lies for a long time and I guess I am tired of trying to second guess what is in store for the future.... I have experienced humanity at its very worst and survived.... We as a nation are being played like no one has been played before, but the people of this nation have always been lied to and have happily bought into it.... We are being inundated with so much info and misinfo that we are wearing ourselves ragged to sort it all out..... It is part of plan to divide and conquer and I am beginning to see things on ATS that makes me feel that even the worst possible scenario would be a joyous event for the people here that could say"see I told you so". My point sir is that there isn't any point, just make what you can of it. If you don't understand my ramblings its cool. The Veterans Administration rated me 100% disabled for a psychiatric condition a long time ago. It was determined to be a combat related condition.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MEATPIE
around sixty thousand troops to be stationed at townsville lavarrak barracs

So, how many troops is it exactly? Do we know yet?

I have seen several different figures mentioned.

It would be fairly easy probably to get American troops to any area of the world in pretty big numbers I would think, considering the fact that we have over 700 US bases worldwide.

See this article called, Worldwide Network of US Military Bases from the website, www.globalresearch.ca.

This is a very interesting article with a lot of maps and figures. It's quite scary to see the extent of our presence around the world. And this is mainly just talking about the US and NATO.

It would probably be interesting to look up statistics from other countries as well. Quote from the article:

Twenty years later, US strategists, in an attempt to justify their military interventions in different parts of the World, have conceptualised the greatest fraud in US history, namely "the Global War on Terrorism" (GWOT). The latter, using a fabricated pretext constitutes a global war against all those who oppose US hegemony. A modern form of slavery, instrumented through militarization and the "free market" has unfolded.

Major elements of the conquest and world domination strategy by the US refer to:

1) the control of the world economy and its financial markets,
2) the taking over of all natural resources (primary resources and nonrenewable sources of energy). The latter constitute the cornerstone of US power through the activities of its multinational corporations.

Geopolitical Outreach: Network of Military Bases

The US has established its control over 191 governments which are members of the United Nations. The conquest, occupation and/or otherwise supervision of these various regions of the World is supported by an integrated network of military bases and installations which covers the entire Planet (Continents, Oceans and Outer Space). All this pertains to the workings of an extensive Empire, the exact dimensions of which are not always easy to ascertain.

Known and documented from information in the public domaine including Annual Reports of the US Congress, we have a fairly good understanding of the strucuture of US military expenditure, the network of US military bases and the shape of this US military-strategic configuration in different regions of the World.

The objective of this article is to build a summary profile of the World network of military bases, which are under the jurisdiction and/or control of the US. The spatial distribution of these military bases will be examined together with an analysis of the multibillion dollar annual cost of their activities.

And

NATO Military Bases

The Atlantic Alliance (NATO) has its own Network of military bases, thirty in total. The latter are primarily located in Western Europe:
Whiteman, U.S.A.,
Fairford, Lakenheath and Mildenhall in United Kingdom,
Eindhoven in Netherlands,
Brüggen, Geilenkirchen, Landsberg, Ramstein, Spangdahlem, Rhein-Main in Germany,
Istres and Avord in France.
Morón de la Frontera and Rota in Spain,
Brescia, Vicenza, Piacenza, Aviano, Istrana, Trapani, Ancora, Pratica di Mare, Amendola, Sigonella, Gioia dell Colle, Grazzanise and Brindisi in Italy, Tirana in Albania,
Incirlik in Turkey,
Eskan Village in Soudi Arabia
and Ali al Salem in Koweit
(www.terra.es... )

III. The Global Deployment of US Military Personnel There are 6000 military bases and/ or military warehouses located in the U.S. (See Wikipedia, February 2007).

Total Military Personnel is of the order of 1,4 million of which 1,168,195 are in the U.S and US overseas territories.

Taking figures from the same source, there are 325,000 US military personnel in foreign countries:

800 in Africa,
97,000 in Asia (excluding the Middle East and Central Asia),
40,258 in South Korea,
40,045 in Japan,
491 at the Diego Garcia Base in the Indian Ocean,
100 in the Philippines,
196 in Singapore,
113 in Thailand,
200 in Australia,
and 16,601 Afloat.

In Europe, there are 116,000 US military personnel including 75,603 who are stationed in Germany.

In Central Asia about 1,000 are stationed at the Ganci (Manas) Air Base in Kyrgyzstan and 38 are located at Kritsanisi, in Georgia, with a mission to train Georgian soldiers.

In the Middle East (excludng the Iraq war theater) there are 6,000 US military personnel, 3,432 of whom are in Qatar and 1,496 in Bahrain.

In the Western Hemisphere, excluding the U.S. and US territories, there are 700 military personnel in Guantanamo, 413 in Honduras and 147 in Canada.

Map 3 provides information regarding military personnel on duty, based on a regional categorization (broad regions of the world). The total number of military personnel at home in the U.S. and/or in US Territories is 1,139,034. There are 1,825 in Europe 114, 660, 682 in Subsaharian Africa, 4, 274 in the Middle East and Southern Asia, 143 in the Ex-USSR, and 89,846 in the Pacific.

This article was published on July 1, 2007, so I am sure the numbers have changed since that time.

When I read this article, and looked at the many maps included, it reminded me of the game "Risk" which I have not played for a very long time, (long enough that I don't remember anything about the rules and method of play) but one map from the article especially, immediately brought it to mind.

And also, American troop levels will be going up drastically in the near future, due to the economic melt-down taking place right now. I heard recently that for the first time in a few years, the recruiters have already made their quotas for the year.

As a matter of fact, so many people are joining, due to having no other options for employment right now, that they are not even paying any sign-up bonuses any more!!! (I have not done any checking to see if this is true, yet, I heard it on the Lame Stream Media)

Probably other countries will be able to expand their militaries also, for the same reason.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, we should not be talking about this now...
lots of peoples lives are currently on the line ...

Not all the world will go into Martial Law... only the british colonies.
the enemy will be China ... (a former British colony) but it will all be like 911 all media...
the blood will flow from our own sword unfortunately...
the guilty will be the cheerleaders for this coming fascist regime.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join