It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else seen this commercial and think its weird?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hi

I am new to this so bear with me. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this commercial from cisco telepresence. I have only seen it once. It kinda hit me as weird and it really doesn't tell you if they are selling something. My first thought was big brother... but who knows maybe I am just reading too much into it. I would like anyone's opinion about the commercial or if anyone knows what it is for. Here is the link for the commercial as i don't know how to post videos yet.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I wish those things were everywhere.

What a wonderfull world it would create.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Looks like Big Brother to me.
Although the Lennon song running in it uses the term "pig brothers"

I put- cisco telepresence/Big brother- in as an Internet search and there is SOOoo much there pointing to Cisco being Big brother.

Check it out I'm going back right now to do some reading!!

cisco telepresence/Big brother

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh yay for the overpriced extra large webcam and plasma screen

I don't know if people in other country's, would want to see each other that much

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

And what service would this provide. Look mommy I can see Rome. WTF. We get to see people all over the world doing exactly what we are doing walking around.

How long would it take for them to covered in graffiti is what I want to know.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What does that writing say at 11 sec?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Yeah it just says screen image simulated. Nothing subliminal.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"What does that writing say at 11 sec?"

I believe it says "Screen images simulated".

Hey, Big Brother is IN right now, so why not market him and make a few bucks? I wonder what Lennon would have thought about the use of his song in such a commercial? On second thought, I don't really care what he would think. Not one of his better songs, anyway. I would have used "Instant Karma" instead, changing the word "Karma" to "Plasma".

I would love to have a monitor setup like that to do computing work and play video games. The funny thing is if you set up something similar downtown in a number of major cities, most people won't even give it a second glance. Seriously, who has the time and desire to sit there and stare at a bunch of strangers, who are doing nothing but staring back? Only a matter of time before the pigeons would commandeer it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That's pretty funny, its just like those commercials, trying to sell you stuff you never need, or the ones where they ask "do you go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning? "than you need this pill!! I think it is so funny that people will by anything if they think it is the next new thing...crazy......

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That's not what Telepresence is, it's just a representation of the "experience" which is their whole marketing play. The actual product is 3 65" screen at 1080p. www.cisco.com...

They are not big brother, it's just marketing to make it feel like the world is at your finger tips, they are also playing up the fact that telepresence displays lifesize video.

There are tons of companies producing things just like this: Lifesize, HP, Polycom, etc.

Nothing crazy here.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
the more I researched, it seems to be video conferencing for large businesses with a high price tag. But who knows for sure if there is an ulterior motive

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fresno_firefly

you beat me to it!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"What does that writing say at 11 sec?"

I believe it says "Screen images simulated".

Oh dang...

Well I failed to find any subliminal messaging in the commercial

You can watch it now, but I'd still wear a tinfoil hat while viewing it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
yeah i guess i jumped the gun on this one. it was just strange to me when i saw it...maybe i am on here way too much and now everything looks like a conspiracy lol.

top topics

join