It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another question: Radios and obtaining info...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
OK so , TSHTF!!! OMG people that know better grab there stuff and run! Leaving the 42" Cable/Satellite TV, iPODs and laptops =) heh

OK, It's been a few days and after many close calls with what appears to be military and local authorities that just might be prowling for insurgents in your area... who knows for sure what they are looking for ... you've been able to successfully avoid detection and kept family safe from God only knows what.

How are you getting information? I've heard that hand crank radios are a great thing for BOB.

I wanted to get opinions in context of what next to get information. Are there AM stations or other sources that people will expect to be operating? I've heard of pirate stations but they aren't powerful/reliable? Channel surf hoping that there is trustworthy voice?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
AM/ FM/ Digital broadcasts, Amateur Broadcasts, Civil defence, CB on FM and AM, Maritime frequencies, Scanners listening to cell phone frequencies.

Gossip down the bar and town centre, This scenario played out quite well in the first few episodes of Jericho as they struggled to gather accurate information.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I just purchased a wind up emergency radio for about $AU50. The little thing captures shortwave radio stations from around the world. Can hear south and american stations clear as day. Also hear a few north american stations too.

All that from the east coast of Australia.

90 seconds of slow winding is good for one hour listening!

Happy shortwave channel surfing,

Tim

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Great to listen in on other people, but don't even think of transmitting on a radio.

They are way to easy to track.

If for some reason you do have to transmit, do it and always RUN to a safe area where you can watch the area you were transmitting from.

This may tell you a lot more then just listening.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim.vic.au
I just purchased a wind up emergency radio for about $AU50. The little thing captures shortwave radio stations from around the world. Can hear south and american stations clear as day. Also hear a few north american stations too.

All that from the east coast of Australia.

90 seconds of slow winding is good for one hour listening!

Happy shortwave channel surfing,

Tim

Just think what you can achieve if you fitted an auxillary extention aerial to your radio you can pick up stuff almost globally.

top topics

join