It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is all the Republicans fault!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
sorry for my inappropriate post wont happen agian

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Civilian caualities? Or potential terrorists?

Is that for real? During the shock and awe campaign alone, how many women and children were killed as their city was bombed to hell, and you say that is justified because our president told you they might "potentially" be terrorists? What, because they lived in Baghdad? Did that help you to sleep well that night?

reply to post by xyankee

Anyway, back on topic... the reason the Republican Party wouldn't back Ron Paul is because the GOP is not interested in actual fiscal conservatism and national sovereignty and that Constitution thing. To them, these are merely talking points they like to bring up when either: the Dems are in power, things go to pot, or both. Live by them? Pshhh...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Hate to break this to you, chum, but Obama voted in favor of the Patriot Act's second version and he also believes in intelligent design and that it should be taught in addition to evolution in school. Where have you been?

Lol, you funny
Than Obama was your PERFECT candidate. You should of voted for him then.

Where have I been?

Outside of the Matrix, for sure...

Here is a shocker for ya: If you have internet access (and we can all safely assume that you most likely do since you made a post here) you most definitely have access to one of the most famous searches in cyberspace called Google...Type this in the search field: "Obama Intelligent Design" and then, you guessed it, press SEARCH button...

That was easy, wasn't it ?

How I can find any statements made by you in the future worth discussing when our first encounter went "bad" like this ?

Deny ignorance or re-read "Obama Nation" all over again, choice is yours

[edit on 4-3-2009 by 5thElement]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I just want to make clear I did not start this to insight argument. I was just asking why why why when we had a person like Ron Paul, would we not want someone who is as Honest, and forth coming as he, running things on the straight and narrow?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

Well maybe it is time to say screw the GOP. and vote overwhelmingly for someone who is honest and open, who knows the way the things are and not afraid to buck the system! This is what everyone wants. So God Dmt do it put every thing aside as far as party lines and do the right thing!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just keep listening to Rush, after all he is the de facto leader of the GOP.

It's a sad state of affairs in the republican party when the chairman of the RNC has to apologize to a bigot for offending him.

But hey, Rush is your guy. Just keep listening to him and soon enough there won't be a single member of the republican party in office. Won't that be great? Massive government, huge spending, lots of spending on useless programs like education and health care. Not to mention NOT bombing brown people.

Man we got to get the republicans back in office, too many jobs might go back to American hands and not outsourced overseas.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You need to change the title of your to post to "We are all to blame!”

You don't have to go far to see that we are so fractured that we don't stand a chance at succeeding in saving or restoring our country.

When are mired in a quagmire of hate, divisiveness, greed and selfishness that will keep us fighting each other why TPTB conquers us and our country.

We will even be fighting each other while they divvy up the spoils of their victory and lock us away in those nifty little cells they have waiting for the survivors.

Enjoy your future. I won’t be there so I hope that there will at least be a handful of you that will not be afraid to whisper the legend to children of a land that once was the land of the free and the home of the brave.

When they ask you what happened you can rewrite the story any way you wish but I hope that you will save a place for the people that died trying to save it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well I will be one of the people who are going to die trying to save it. Right now I am watching CNN and have to say I am dumbfounded! for the lack of a better word. I am really, I don't know, disappointed, WHY DON'T I AND OTHERS HAVE A CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THE AMERICA WE ONCE KNEW? How can we call the people who try to, Terrorist? I think now it may just be pure frustration because of the lack of options.

I Feel like I am dieing with my country!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by xyankee]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

No no no you have got it all wrong! It is not the republicans fault it is not the dem's fault it is your fault, it is my fault and every Amercians fault. We put these people into power, we allow them to do the things they do.

Take ownership of your responsbilty as a Amercian citzen and realize all the crying and complaining about Rep, dems and etc means nothing.

Until the American people stop enabling these people and giving them the power to run our nation in the ground this cycle will continue.

They may have done it, but you and everyone else collectively condone it and allow it to happen by letting them stay in power.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by evilod

Well maybe it is time to say screw the GOP. and vote overwhelmingly for someone who is honest and open, who knows the way the things are and not afraid to buck the system! This is what everyone wants. So God Dmt do it put every thing aside as far as party lines and do the right thing!

Haven't you heard?

They are grooming Glen Beck for the job.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Thanks for replying.
Because Ron didn't have the support of main stream conservatism.
I know, it sucks! He used to be an independant anyway!
He was considered too far out there to be seriously considered,
can you believe it?
Peter Schiff, his economic advisor was THE ONLY ONE that seen this
economic train wreck coming and knew what to do to save it.
Otherwise we get more of the same.
It is bigger and goes deeper than they know. We know though don't we!

The only one with the power to stop it is congress and
we've all seen how thats been working out.

Thanks for your opinions.
Nightskyb4dawn is right. So is lightinthedark33!

We fight amongst ourselves while the banks are the real ones in charge.
At least the majority on here are open minded enough to question things.
That gives me a little hope anyway!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

You are absolutely right. I don't think that it will ever be fixed though because as soon as someone tries to take them out of power, they will be arrested and charged, even though the people would have every right to do so under our inherited rights. You would think it would be easy to defend this, but forget it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Ron Paul is a quack...a very old quack. Any respect for this guy went out the window when he didn't support the Iraq War.

Are you still supporting the Iraq war? That's so last year...
Most people have come to their senses, but ya gotta hand it to the Repubs! Even when on a sinking cruise ship, they'll get out their bucket!

The Republican Party is great when the are out of power, but when they get power they want to do everything they can to get the media and liberals to like them. No leadership!

Ohh no, there WAS leadership. Just misguided leadership. The same ole misguided leadership and policies, the same ones that got us into the great depression back with Hoover, and the same ones that are nearly getting us into another one now.

George Bush was a great foriegn policy leader

Ya...... OK.... Did you write that with a straight face?

2 wars of choice, and the central one becomes the red-headed step-child and takes a backseat.

The alienation of every other major power in the world; the US relationship not only tarnished, but severely crippled.

War is waged with Iraq based upon faulty intelligence AND (quite possibly) as revenge against Saddam for what he tried to do to Bushy's daddy. Real reasons concealed, but stupid WMD story concocted that ended up being false.

Threats of war against North Korea and Iran.

Absolutely NO progress in the Middle East Peace Process.

Where was the greatness again?

but to get his foreign policy he wanted, he had to compromise with Democrats and their wild spending. Bush got his and Democrats got way too much in return...hence the huge budget deficit.

Yep, because that's what a majority in congress and white house control causes you to do... Yield to the minority. This from a President that made it part of his domestic policy to absolutely ignore the minority. RR, not all good things can be credited to Repubs and all bad things blamed on others. IT's called "Accountability." Let the righties take some.

Now that Democrats control everything, we now see how much they love to spend and waste our money.

What's wrong with spending again? I know its a Repub talking point, but aside from Rush telling you it's bad, why is spending bad again?

Contrary to the Repub talking points, private and defense spending got us out of the Great Depression. Sooo, it's actually learning from history isn't it?

Last I checked, we're spending on infrastructure, schools, energy independence. That's wasteful? Ahhh, tax cuts to large corporations!!! That's MUCH better use of our money. (btw, a little secret... Tax Cuts are Spending).

We need fresh leaders like Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Mike Pence, and get rid of the backstabbers like McCain, Arlen Spector, the two whackos from Maine, and definately Ron Paul.

Palin? Really?

JINDAL?!?! Cmon!

If you are truly interested in the Repub party salvaging itself (let alone any semblance of respect and credibility), get Palin, Jindal, and Steele out of the party. Those guys are a gift to the opposition.

When NEWT is pondering a run in 2012, that should tell you something about the Repub bullpen... It's shallow.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Newt

I love his name. I also love the heavy baggage he has to drag around.

www.encyclopedia.com...

By the time 2010 rolls around the GOP will have splintered into bickering fragments, that won't have a prayer of putting together a meaningful campaign. Sort of like the Palin/McCain senario again except a lot more
bloody.

I have some solid ideas that could get the GOP back on track but they make to much sense to even be considered. So....

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

When will you realize that your precious Obama has the same agenda as any Republican president to precede him. You say he wont bomb brown people, well, maybe you would like to search what his plans are for Afghanastan. Until we stop blaming reps and dems and get out of that mindset, our country will never advance to the next level.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

My two cents is the two party system is a part of the problem. We are all Americans and leaders should be chosen based on merit NOT party lines.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by xyankee

My two cents is the two party system is a part of the problem. We are all Americans and leaders should be chosen based on merit NOT party lines.

That is never going to happen as long as the Profit motive is the wheel that drives American Politics. And lobbies supply the juice.

True, we are all Americans but loyalties especially among politicians even at the local level are determined by $$$. As the old saying goes $$$ talks and BS walks. That's capitalism.

In truth there is not a 2 party system anymore; what we have is a Corporate Oligarchy. Even with the huge economic shakeup; who do you think will ultimately benefit? The taxpayer? Probably not.

Not much has changed...give the proletariat their bread and circuses and they will follow whoever promises tastier loaves and bloodier circuses.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Where you see that I see only corruption run amok perhaps that is the term for it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join