It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never understood atheism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Yes, people who don't "practice what they preach" can become priests. It's not impossible. It's also a very comfortable living -- they pay no taxes, collect tithes and donations from the community, and invest their earnings like any corporation. The Pope is one of the richest men on Earth, yet he never makes the Forbes list.

The proof is out there. You saying that my claims are baseless isn't bringing you any closer to the truth.

A bunch of emotional appeals.

You are casually accusing me of hate, which is a rather serious accusation. You are also accusing me of "trying" to hurt you "on purpose" which demonstrates an abnormal perception of reality. Choose your words more carefully.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by riley

Yes, people who don't "practice what they preach" can become priests. It's not impossible. It's also a very comfortable living -- they pay no taxes, collect tithes and donations from the community, and invest their earnings like any corporation. The Pope is one of the richest men on Earth, yet he never makes the Forbes list.

Just because someone is a moral hypocrite does not mean they are an atheist.

The proof is out there. You saying that my claims are baseless isn't bringing you any closer to the truth.

You've said this a few times now but all it tells me is that you have no proof. If your proof was truly "out there" you would use it to back up your claims.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

A sincere Christian would not be a moral hypocrite

You've said this a few times now but all it tells me is that you have no proof. If your proof was truly "out there" you would use it to back up your claims.

It means that I don't care for engaging in pissing contests. If you want to keep your head buried in the sand, then go ahead.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by riley

A sincere Christian would not be a moral hypocrite

You are not a sincere christian then? I've read ALOT of moral hypocricey in your posts.

It means that I don't care for engaging in pissing contests. If you want to keep your head buried in the sand, then go ahead.

No proof and an insult/accusation of deliberate ignorance. Well if I have my head in the sand.. why don't you pull it out by showing me some real proof?

Oh thats right.. you can't and as we both know your views on atheists are based on sheer biggotry and a propoganda. You even claimed catholic priest child molestors were actually atheists.. and when asked to back up such a ludicrous claims you said "You need to look at the facts." ..so of course I asked you for them and you accuse me of wanting a pissing contest? :shk:

You've presented NO facts- only lies and slander. You should be ashamed of yourself.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Go back and read the OP ... again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join