It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never understood atheism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Technically satanists are christians. You can't have Satan without Jesus.
There isn't an anti-christ by conveinance.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Your parents aren't losers. STrict emotionless childhoods does a real mind job on a person. To the point of mental disorders. Emotionless parents who never confirm a child's emotions might as well abuse them or abandon them, because the effects can be the same. Just sticking around doesn't mean you alleviate the risk of harm.
In fact, sometimes it makes it worse.

And to sit there and talk about your parents this way yet try to convince us of christianity isn't making a very good case.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
the Catholic church has pointed out it's own crimes as they were already visible to all. The pope even apologised himself for for witch burnings and it has paid out millions of dollars to its sex abuse victims. The current pope was also involved in covering up sex abuse cases. The media does not report such things just to control/create atheists if thats what you are saying.

I do not like the catholic church but that is not why I am an atheist.. if it were I could have just switched to a rival denomination or religion like so many others.

The media neglect to report many important, fundamental news items, like research about junk food and fluoridated drinking water. Holocaust deniers are almost invariably subject to negative criticism in the mainstream media. If fiber deniers were that harshly criticized, maybe Americans wouldn't be so obese?

So why do you consider yourself an atheist then?

While that has not been your personal experience, it has been the experience of many atheists and agnostics.

No you said they use atheism to control people by "denying a higher power" and have now suggested atheism/illuminati is somehow to blame for the church having a bad rep?

Whats so wrong about "denying a higher power"? Believing in it has not prevented any holy wars.

Surely, you've heard of anti-Catholic criticism on the part of many Illuminati front groups, such as the rationalists, the feminists and the homosexuals.

Ironically, not submitting to a higher power has driven many people towards despair and misanthropy. As well, people are left without answers to the most basic questions. For the humanist, their higher power is simply another human, which can actually be more disempowering than submitting to supernatural forces.

If you actually studied the conspiracy theories, you'd see that the 11th century Crusades were perpetrated by people with plans for world domination.

An open mind can admit to imperfections (with one's person and with humanity as a whole), which is not how atheists roll. Being "open minded" doesn't guard one from being deceived.

Not how we "roll"? so we're not capable of admitting to imperfections..? biggoted generalisations from someone who claims to be open minded yet presumes to actually tell us we are being decieved and manipulated by a ruling secret society without even being able to tell us how.. :shk:

Atheists insist on fixing every imperfection that crops up, which is kinda like the kid who blames himself for his parents' divorce.

People buy into the pharamceutical lie, and then kneel at the feet of Big Pharma to beg for new treatments for every new symptom that pops up. How often do you see people who would rather take cough syrup than just prevent the cough in the first place? How often would people rather eat artificial vitamins than a hearty, nutritious meal? What if the current science about nutrients turns out to be imprecise or even inaccurate?

The biggest ego of all is one that assumes that he and his buddies have all of the answers to all of life's questions.

You've already claimed atheism is a product of illuminati progaming. To tell a group of people you know exactly why they disbelieve something you believe in is beyond egotistical. Unlike some religions atheism does not claim to have all the answers to lifes questions. I certainly haven't.. I just don't think some god did it.

Ok, so why didn't "some god" do it? Roll of the dice?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Your parents aren't losers. STrict emotionless childhoods does a real mind job on a person. To the point of mental disorders. Emotionless parents who never confirm a child's emotions might as well abuse them or abandon them, because the effects can be the same. Just sticking around doesn't mean you alleviate the risk of harm.
In fact, sometimes it makes it worse.

And to sit there and talk about your parents this way yet try to convince us of christianity isn't making a very good case.

By "loser" I meant that they lacked redeeming qualities.

Your posts demonstrate the "can't have God without Jesus" concept that I was describing. I take it that you're a Christian?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
The media neglect to report many important, fundamental news items, like research about junk food and fluoridated drinking water. Holocaust deniers are almost invariably subject to negative criticism in the mainstream media.

Sorry I already know about the dangers of fluoride so have hardly been sheltered and I believe the holocaust happened and have seen no evidence to suggest otherwise (and yes I did actually read some of the propoganda). Saying it didn't is like saying aids doesn't exist.. or claiming the planet is 6000 years old. It's just silly.

If fiber deniers were that harshly criticized, maybe Americans wouldn't be so obese?

I'm not an american and don't eat fast food but there is no logical reason to criticize the use of fibre. There is reason however to criticize holocaust deniers because their views seem to be based on racism and they cannot prove their outlandish claims.

So why do you consider yourself an atheist then?

I consider myself an atheist because I do not believe in god.

While that has not been your personal experience, it has been the experience of many atheists and agnostics.

and in my first hand experience.. no it hasn't been.

Surely, you've heard of anti-Catholic criticism on the part of many Illuminati front groups, such as the rationalists, the feminists and the homosexuals.

"The feminists and homsexuals".. evil groups bent on corrupting all of mankind eh?
Since when were they all atheists? these groups were formed in order to campaign against very real discrimination. things like making gay bashing a hate crime, the right to vote and not to get raped in marriage. they're not empty shelled "front groups".. just like my being a rational feminist doesn't make me a mindless pawn of the illuminati.

You did not back up ANY of your claims.. you just reguritated fundy urban legends that have no evidence. I'm surprised you didn't start telling me about devil worshipping abortion doctors or reptillian evolutionists.

..moving on. :shk:

[edit on 15-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sorry I already know about the dangers of fluoride so have hardly been sheltered and I believe the holocaust happened and have seen no evidence to suggest otherwise (and yes I did actually read some of the propoganda). Saying it didn't is like saying aids doesn't exist.. or claiming

When was the last time fluoride was in the mainstream media ? People don't get harshly criticized for believing in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus.

I'm not an american and don't eat fast food but there is no logical reason to criticize the use of fibre. There is reason however to criticize holocaust deniers because their views seem to be based on racism and they cannot prove their outlandish claims.

Denying the Holocaust is racism? Wow, amazing ... your belief in atheism does not supercede your belief that the Jews have suffered unjustly. Is someone who denies the Holocaust really causing harm to the general public ? If not, then why is he treated as so?

I consider myself an atheist because I do not believe in god.

No, an atheist is someone who believes that God does not exist.

and in my first hand experience.. no it hasn't been.

So, again, why do you consider yourself an atheist?

"The feminists and homsexuals".. evil groups bent on corrupting all of mankind eh?
Since when were they all atheists? these groups were formed in order to campaign against very real discrimination. things like making gay bashing a hate crime, the right to vote and not to get raped in marriage. they're not empty shelled "front groups".. just like my being a rational feminist doesn't make me a mindless pawn of the illuminati.

That's not what I said. You obviously have an agenda.

How do you define "gay bashing?" There are already sexual discrimination laws. Why does "gay bashing" also have to be labelled a hate crime? The gays have tried to get themselves classified as a "minority" ! When will the lies stop?!

There's no such thing as rational feminism. Preventing one sex from subjugating the other has nothing to do with feminism. That's just a lie that they use to brainwash you into accepting other issues, like sexism, prostitution, abortion, pederasty and nature worship. It's too bad that even feminism and pro-gay groups attract their share of racists.

You did not back up ANY of your claims.. you just reguritated fundy urban legends that have no evidence. I'm surprised you didn't start telling me about devil worshipping abortion doctors or reptillian evolutionists.

Exaggerating my position yet again. People like you give atheists a bad name.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"People like you.."

I'm not the one accusing people of being pawns of the illuminati.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

"People like you.."

I'm not the one accusing people of being pawns of the illuminati.

You simply need to look at the facts.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

What kind of qualities are you referring too?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Compassion, adaptabililty, conflict resolution skills, social intelligence, trustworthiness, optimism

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

My parents were never religious. They rebelled against their strict childhoods, but couldn't come up with anything better, and so grew up to be losers. My father kept a Bible around the house because he was a Rastafarian. I'm convinced that my mother became an MC job during her heavy drug use as a child.

No religious parents and you came out a christian? How come?

I was never religious, although I have read the Bible, going so far as to learn Hebrew and Greek to translate it. From what I see, every accepted translation is waaay off. The translators seem to have been politically motivated. The King James Version seems to be the closest at times, but at other times it is grammatically incorrect or otherwise confusing.

So in other words you believe the Bible huh? Everything in it? Literraly?

The big issue, in my opinion, is that the Church tries hard to convince people that they cannot have God without either the Church or Jesus. Those who have tried the Christian thing -- and decided that they don't like it -- convince themselves that because the Church is false, God must also be false. They then proclaim themselves to be "rational" or "humanistic," although their entire life-purpose is based on nothing but false reactionsim.

I never convinced myself that christianity is bad because of the church. I rarely went to churches anyway, i found them scary and disturbing, especially the priests, they always looked me in a weird morbid way. And according to you i can't be rational or humanistic just because i am not religious? That's a pretty harsh view you have on people like me. BTW false reactionism? What about false faith? Ever think of that?

Then there are those who insist that faith is foolish. Faith is required to do a lot of things in a civilized society, so I reject that notion outright (unless the word "faith" is used in reference to a female).

Faith is not required to do a lot of things in a civiized society. I have managed to acomplish a lot in my life without the need for any faith whatsoever, so i reject that notion outright. All you need is will, motivation and determination if you want to achieve anything in your life.

Then there are people who insist that humans are a freakish casualty of the Primordial Soup. They cannot explain phenomena like intuitive powers or even the origin of the universe. To them, it's all just a coincidence, but they cannot provide a reason why. Their opposition to divine order is a form of faith in and of itself.

There are fine explanations of what this "humans come from Primordial Soup" thing actually is and how it happened, but this exists for people to read it and actually understand it(i advise you Google it). The Origin of the universe is also explained, but i don't expect people like you (religious) to accept it, because it contradicts your beliefs. And what do you mean by intuitive powers?

I've become convinced that atheism is simply a tool of the Illuminati, for those who have been beaten into submission by others falsely proclaiming themselves to be "religious"

Any proof to back this up? You are generalizing billions of people here. Claims like these are far fetched, and insulting. If you knew any better, you would do a research before you posting such a ridiculous pile of bull# about atheism and all those who do not believe in God. First of all, you don't seem to know who the Illuminati are and who the Freemasons are either, you put them in the same category, and i believe you got this information on the basis of hear-say. Do a research on this before you post more disinformation, lies and insults.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Atheist is a tool of the illuminati, the problem is that when antichrist comes whom they are preparing for, they will have to believe in God.
So in other words the illum. are satanist. or freemasons.

Another insult from yet another religious member. Is that all you know? Insults? Have you ever, even for a second, considered using your heads before posting something like this? Do a research? I guess not. It's a lot easier to just prescribe everything non-religious to satan, right?

Originally posted by JesusisTruthYou think about people who believe that after death, that's it. Allk darkness. No more memories, no more fun, no more life, just blackness. That's a scary belief to promote considering there is no proof for evolution.

And what about christianity? I find it just as scary, you would scare little children with hell and satan so they would believe in God, don't tell me you haven't done this, or that you wouldn't do it because i know you have when your child has misbehaved, or would in the case of those who not yet have kids. I think christianity is just as scary belief to be promoted as atheism, considering there is no proof of God either.

Originally posted by JesusisTruthand so it comes from souls who are afraid to embrace something they will have to put above themselves and also it means their lifestyle will have to become more spiritual.

And how do you know that im not religious? I dont need religion so I could be considered spiritual. I put everything above myself in life, especially if its other people. Because i believe in selflessness and humane deeds. My lifestyle is already more spiritual then most people these days who live on the troubles and agony of others and live as greedy as they can. Again, no thanks to religion, thanks only to myself.

Originally posted by JesusisTruthLike I said, the rebellious soul always fears an idea of God because he might have to become subject.
It all comes down to sin, what people want to give up, rebellion, and other factors.

A subject to what? Control? Manipulation? Dependence on something? I already experience that in my life, as well as 6 billion other people. Its called social stratification, in case you haven't heard. 99% of the people work all their life to satisfy the basic needs of a 1% of elite group of people. I would get the same if i start practising your religion. I have enough of that already, what makes you think that i want more?

Originally posted by JesusisTruthThink of it like this. Most athiest say that they just don't believe God is real. yet you hardly see them say that they (hope) God is real.
They go out of their way to disprove him.

I always say that i don't believe in God, at least not in the way it is depicted in the bible. I never said anything different. I do hope that i am wrong, and that you were right, and that God exists, but so far, i haven't come across anything claiming that to be true. What do you mean they go out of their way to disprove him?

Originally posted by JesusisTruthIt's a defense mechanism IMO because deep down they don't want him to exist.
anyways good post, glad to hear your sincerity concerning this issue.
peace.

Like i said above, i do want him to exist, but i find it hard considering all of what i mentioned.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

No you don't understand who the illuminati are. The masons worship in the 33rd degree Lucifer. I agree it doesn't make you a satanist, didn't say it does.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Atheist is a tool of the illuminati, So in other words the illum. are satanist. or freemasons

........ (no comment).

You see but those two sentences seem to contradict each other. We don't see God as a mystical sky being which implies to me you have already made your mind up.

And how exactly do you picture God to be?

If you did wish he was real, then stay open minded.

Open minded? I need to see God EXACTLY as you see it so i can be considered a true believer? Why can't i see him as a mystical sky being? What's so blasphemous in that picture? Can you explain?

Originally posted by JesusisTruthNow the fact is that God works through prayer. Pray helps more then any wars and anything you can do because of grace which produces love.

You say its prayer i say its human desire. The mind has a lot of powers including one to affect others in need. I have seen people heal others only by thinking about it. Others have done the same through a prayer and they think it was God when in fact they hav edone that themselves. But its ok, you can believe in whatever you want, but have you tried praying for not to screw up on an exam you are doing next week? Or pray to God to make your PC run faster. No, i don't think you pray to these things, because they are things that can not be changed by will alone, and the prayer won't work even if you try. My point is that you don't need to pray to make a nother person heal or recover.

Originally posted by JesusisTruthSuffering for a soul and praying for them helps more then any violence or intervetion you can do because it affects the soul on the other person rather then taking things in your own hands physically.

but ayways continue the thread.

Not really, have helped a lot of people just in my own town. They don't seem to label that a God's intervention. Physically or not, helping others should be your priority regardless if you are religious or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Compassion, adaptabililty, conflict resolution skills, social intelligence, trustworthiness, optimism

Which are? Please be sure to include and explain the catholic church's involvement in alot of the elite politics (and secret societies) over the past thousand years.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna

Come back after you've actually read what I wrote. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

The Catholic Church is all over that ish like white on rice.

They created the Jesuits and Islam.

I'm convinced that Catholic priests act in an abusive manner in order to turn kids atheist on purpose, if not to simply traumatize them. Cathy O'Brien claimed that she was sexually abused by priests after confiding in them.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I'm just interpreting the evidence that I've come into. What's wrong with that?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

I'm convinced that Catholic priests act in an abusive manner in order to turn kids atheist on purpose, if not to simply traumatize them. Cathy O'Brien claimed that she was sexually abused by priests after confiding in them.

What? Oh I see. "The devil made them do it even though they were devout believers speaking for god."

Yeah of course thats what you WANT to beleieve but you have NO evidence to support the idea. You hate atheists so it's not surprising that you would actually say that atheism is to blame for clergy raping children. Your theories are biggoted baseless delusions and are offensive.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

What? Oh I see. "The devil made them do it even though they were devout believers speaking for god."

Yeah of course thats what you WANT to beleieve but you have NO evidence to support the idea. You hate atheists so it's not surprising that you would actually say that atheism is to blame for clergy raping children. Your theories are biggoted baseless delusions and are offensive.

You're continuing to make things up about me that are untrue.

Relax and come back with a clear head. Deep breaths ...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I haven't said anything thats untrue.

You claimed catholic priests raped children in order to traumatise them into converting to atheism.. thats the silliest thing I've read in a long time. If you do not want to be asked to prove your baseless claims DON'T MAKE THEM and don't cry about it when they rightfully get labelled biggoted delusions.

I am an atheist. You say that lack of belief is motive for priests to rape kids and you tell me to relax like thats not offensive?! :shk: Clearly you are trying to offend athests on purpose.. probably why you created this thread. Go find some actual evidence to back up those claims or you can retract them. Seems to me you are just believing (and spreading) your own propoganda.

No proof= no integrity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join