It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
"It's easy to fake"

Going into space is easy too, Just need rocket fuel, an airtight container and someone dumb enough to stand underneath and light the fuse!

Those who claim it's easy obviously have not worked in The video/photography industry. It can be done but not as easily as you might think. Think about this for a second....You spend the time and energy to set up this hoax then roll the camera. Out of roughly four minutes or so you've moved the horse with your fishing line or what ever and very near the beginning of the recording, then you just let the camera roll the rest of the two and a half minutes for nothing...Why? Once one had the hoax taped I would think you'd maybe keep rolling for ten or fifteen seconds and call it a day no?

You have just explained how easy it is....apart from hanging around for a few mins to make it appear authentic.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I cant see the video at the moment as im at school... BUT I think its probably a very interesting sight.

I dont really believe that ghosts are not seperate entities... they may very well be but I have normally beleived them to be our own spirits watching and playing in this world... as we sleep.

OP i think you should ask if the boy was alseep during the time the rocking horse was moving around...

But some say kids play with the spirits because they can see them, so maybe they are here on this earth for a reason? I dont know, i do know that everything has a spirit to it, thats living, or something that was created out of love... So if they dont have physical form i would too wonder what are spirits (ghosts).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

You're assuming a ton of stuff there. I don't know these people and have absolutely no way to verify if what they say is true. I have no way to even prove if the one poster is the nephew, and the other is the aunt...only what they say.

So, the only actual proof of anything that I have is the video, and that can definitely be faked. That is my only point.

Some things just make me wonder: There still has been absolutely no reason given for moving the horse. Even the nephew himself thinks that it is weird, and can give absolutely no reason for it. The only one I can think of, is to pull a prank. Why move it? So it can be near the door so that you can hide and manipulate whatever setup you have for moving the horse. If you look closely one side of the lower metal legs of the horse is actually over one of the doors, which I am going to assume is the closet since the man walked out of the other one. Would be a very minor thing to rig up some fishing string to the nose of the horse and run it down the metal and into the closet and use that to make the movements. Also despite what some people think, you could easily use tension on the line to stop the horse "on a dime".

This could very well be real. I have no idea. There is absolutely no way to prove or disprove it. That is my point and why it makes me laugh when people are so sure one way or the other. All you have are theories, conjectures, and outright guesses. The only one who knows for sure would be the man who set up the camera. He could swear on the bible up and down whether it is real, and even then all you can do is believe him, there is no way to prove whether he is telling the truth or not, including a lie detector which is not 100% accurate.

My personal opinion is that the dad was having some fun, I have no way to prove it. Just as no one else in this thread can prove that it wasn't just him having some fun. I just tend to go to the more reasonable explanation. Also I do not recall reading anywhere about his wife being terrified, but maybe I have a bad memory on that one. I do recall them saying she could always remember it and it brought chills. Even still, I have snuck up on my sisters many times and yell out "boo" or something and found it quite funny when they would jump four feet scared out of their wits.

There are a few other minor things that just make me wonder, but nothing that I could 100% point to and say yup, this is a hoax. This post is plenty long so I won't go into them, but all in all it just makes me feel like pops was having him some fun.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
MY 1st POST
Great site!

I wont go into the the whole religious and spiritual implications, but I will certainly say that this is quite possible and seemingly very real. First question: I wonder, is the horse haunted or the house? Had there ever been any other unanswered anomalies within the house itself? I used to have one of those horses and I will say, those springs are pretty stout! And they ALWAYS squeaked! Very fascinating video. Thank you.

I'm excited to be a part of this website community...great stuff!

ChaiVat

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is a great video, and I totally believe that the video itself is not edited and is indeed from 1992.

On the other hand, I can see where the skeptics are coming from. The most compelling evidence against this video is

1.) Why not wait outside the kids room and run in to see if he's in there when you hear the squeaking, which we assume can be heard throughout the house since the OP said they had heard several times before.

2.) This could very well be a prank pulled by the Dad while the Mom was out (we were told the Mom left for a short period of time by the OP) and now he is so deep into having everyone believing it's something unexplained that he doesn't want to say he did it and seem like a complete jack*** for not admitting it sooner.

I have worked out a logical response to the first question. It seems to me that they would leave the camera running instead of just running upstairs to see what is going on because I'd imagine it could occur while the child was sleeping. It would make a lot more sense to have the video going instead of waiting up all night to see if the kid went to go play on his rocking horse.

However, I think there will never be a way to disprove number 2. All in all I think it's a great video, but we will not be able to prove or disprove the video on this website.

Thanks for sharing it!

[edit on 3/4/2009 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

I can't disagree with anything you've just said. I am far from being sure what it is I'm seeing on this video, although having watched it again I think I would actually rule out vibration being the cause - the movement just seems too deliberate.

You are right that I, as you, do not know anything about the OP and her family but my gut feeling is that if this is a hoax then DancedWithWolves and MethosWare are not the ones perpetrating it. Again I don't know this to be true, it just strikes me as the least likely explanation (even less likely than it being a real ghost!).

I agree that at this point any theory is just conjecture.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The REAL clincher here is WHY, set up the tape at dinner time, when your are gonna have the child in your view for the next couple hours? Your gonna waste tape. I assume he was ninja riding at night. So wouldn't ideal thing to do would be to put him to bed, THEN start the camera. I mean the entire premise debunks the video.

The moveing of the horse from it's usually play area, to an outside hallway, or some completely different room, that has "staged" written all over it. Why move the horse from where all these "ninja rides the young boy has made" to a different spot, and then film it. You completely tainted this little experiment up right there. The mythbusters would be most displeased =D

Also while haveing dinner with your son, and you hear -SQUEAK, SQUEAKY, SQUEAK, SQUEAKITY, SQUEAK!- Comeing from the room, why not run in there and investigate.

But everyone is free to believe this video if they choose of course, I choose not to.

btw- anyone saying you can not make this rocking horse make those movements with fishing line, obviously has never owned one. The tension on the springs can be adjusted as well.

Also, not to be a jerk, if your Father in the video has passed, or not around, whatever. It makes it hard for us to figure this out because we can't question the persona who took the footage, although IF this were a hoax, that is kinda convieniant isn't it? It may as well be, I got this video from a friend of a friend of a friend kinda deal, just raises more flags.

But thats my final say, I don't wish to hurt anyones feelings here. Or shatter hopes some may have read in the latest Sylvia Brown, or John Edwards book.

I wish you all the best of luck.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Please don't anybody get me wrong...I'm not saying the video is legit, how could I, I wasn't there! I simply get riled at the idea that it's an easy thing to pull off. I have my reservations but am waiting to see more info flushed out. One of my concerns is the fact that the date stamp is turned off in the second portion of the clip maybe to secure in the viewers mind that it was recorded in 1992. Perhaps the first part was recorded then and the ghost bit added years later to the same tape in another camera which may explain the cell phone chatter. The OP and Nephew strike me as being on the up and up though so hard to say. The other thing that haunts me is that when I first put the clip audio to my sound system I was sure the word "Wire" was loud and outside the room...I was certain of it. Upon listening a few more times, I'm now hearing it whispered and without a doubt in the same room and I'm also certain of it and unable to explain how I got the first impression . This tells me that my perceptions are once again being led by my imagination. I too entertain the notion somewhat that the OP and nephew are probably oblivious to the prank but is still but a notion with me. I don't see any clear way to outright debunk this.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Apology accepted my friend, you did make me wonder for a minute if I was losing my marbles slightly! Just for the record I can honestly say that I didn't look at the video on youtube or its youtube comments.

I only scanned the video at first out of passing interest but the more I watched it and read the posts on this thread the more I watched it again and thats when I heard it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

I completely agree, I highly doubt any sort of vibration is causing that sort of deliberate movement.

I also agree with you that even if this is some sort of prank, or hoax, whatever you want to call it, that the op and the nephew are not in on it.

I could totally see my dad doing something similar though, and not revealing it for 15 years, or longer. They both said it was somewhat of a family legend, and I could see my dad telling stories about it for the longest, as if it was real, when in reality he pranked the entire family. Then having it become family legend, it would be a lot more fun to continue the prank rather than to tell everyone you did it.

Again, just my opinion, and no way to prove it. The only real issues I have with this thread all the people who are claiming that it could not be faked, or that it is definitely faked, because there does not seem to be enough proof either way to be 100% sure.

Fun vid and story though and I am glad the op posted it, either way (unless of course they were in on the prank, then boo
).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've just gone through every single post as carefully as I can at six in the morning, and it's dawned on me that no one has considered the actual mindset of the father.

Yes, we do know the blurb that he wrote explaining the motivation, but that doesn't necessarily provide full insight into his rationale. What about the possibility that he was never really trying to catch his son out as he already expected that there was something/somebody else doing the rocking?

As a parent, you know what your child gets upto - certainly after having raised him for three years. So when he hears that strange rocking noise in the middle of the night, and has a pretty good idea that it's not his son doing it, then it's entirely plausible that he's not really concerned about capturing his son on vid, as he already suspects it's something else entirely rocking the horse.

This is what I suspect was his father's rationale, and the reason why the three year old can be heard playing with Dad while the video camera keeps rolling.

A sidenote: After reading the venomous and often non-sensical comments posted mostly by the skeptic crowd, I really feel embarrassed for the OP and his family. I still have trouble believing what I read! Some of the more vitriolic comments - while lacking in rational logic - more than made up for it with fear and desperation. What are you guys so worried about?? that in your darkest of dark nights, that maybe there is something else out there that's simply too scary to confront?

To DancedWithWolves and MethosWare: thank you so much for your warm, considered responses and for providing us with such a fascinating account

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Right, here's the laugh (EVP?) as promised. I've made two versions, the first is a raw file and the second is lightly processed. I could probably make it even cleaner but a lot of the dynamics will be lost and I think they are very important for this example in particular.

First of all the acoustics are greatly different to those of the TV and other noises emanating from the other room, there is no loss of high frequencies (which creates that muffled sound) which is followed by what sounds like a breath which could only be produced by being close to the microphone due to it's tonal characteristics. I'll just throw this out there for now and let you decide for yourselves...

Laugh (Raw)

Laugh (Processed)

Forgot to add that the TV is not noticeable at all during this part of the video (I assume it's been turned off).

*EDIT FOR SPELLING*

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Excellent work Goathief.

The laughter appears to be made by an adult. Not a young child. Was that your thought?

That's funny that you say that about the TV being off, as I thought I could hear possibly two separate sources of laughter, as well as some sort of electronic sound emanating from what I assumed was the TV. But, no way am I positive about that. :/

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Spooky vid,but I am puzzled that you let a smoking gun clip with a potential ghost sit in the closet since 92!There hasnt been many clips of this quality and If I was in your shoes I would have copied it years a go and given it to a magazine or a researcher to have a look at it!
The TV stations would have gone mad for this type of clip

I am not saying its fake,or the time frame involved is suspect-I am just puzzled that your family have been sitting on this clip for many years when lots of researchers would have loved to have seen this

Anyway,thanks for posting this clip

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This probably has to be one of the most amazing ghost videos I have ever seen. I agree that it would be a little hard to mimick the actual pressure like someone is mounting the horse, and then going to town on it! What ever it was was really enjoying themselves! Kind of hard to think the spirit would be menacing since it is that of a child, obviously.

Star and Flag for you!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by scrubsnstuffkim]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The more I listen to that audio with the volume maxed out, the more chilling it becomes. I don't know what it is I'm hearing anymore, but some of the sounds seem possibly guttural, with a sinister, adult-sounding laugh/chuckle cutting in at the end.

I'm glad it's dawn now.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mckyle 2nd Processed Audio]

I just listened to the processed one - much clearer. The hair on the back of my neck literally stood up.
There is a male speaking in a seemingly rough, guttural (uncouth?) manner and laughing at the end. Eerie.

Great work again Goathief

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Excellent work, many thanks.

Also very strange. I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nope, when I first viewed the video it was the embedded version on ATS, seeing that I was at work at the time of viewing I had my earphones on so no office noise to cause distraction. Shout or not, the word at 1:39 is coming from in the same room, strange that in the 3 approx minutes only the one word supersedes all other noises from outside the room - T.V Dad and son playing etc??

Secondly, I'm no expert on ghosts and their movement but you can clearly see that as the horse begins to rock it seems as if there is a slight pull downwards towards the front of the horse, IMO this may be the result of an attached string, wire what ever pulling the nose down from the front, initiating the rocking.

As I said in an earlier post, edited or not when the vide was converted why is the intial "press record" to the walking outside the room missing?

Say 5 - 10 secs at the most cut out??

Lastly the story is a little confusing, from catching the boy in the act to what is causing the horse to rock on it's own regardless of the boy being present or not... So which is it?

As some posters have stated, the camera of that era could record at say 2 hours tops? If originally set up when the boy goes to sleep it leaves a very small window of opportunity for any "results"

Luck...?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7even

Lastly the story is a little confusing, from catching the boy in the act to what is causing the horse to rock on it's own regardless of the boy being present or not... So which is it?

We don't know for sure either way. i'm postulating that we've ignored to true rationale of the father taking the video in the first place. But, we need to ask Dad about this, so we can work off something more concrete.

As some posters have stated, the camera of that era could record at say 2 hours tops? If originally set up when the boy goes to sleep it leaves a very small window of opportunity for any "results"

Luck...?

Good question:
Maybe - depends on the frequency of the mysterious rocking. If it's rare, then obviously that raises some flags. But if it's a regular event, then maybe there's not so much luck involved.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
We don't know for sure either way. i'm postulating that we've ignored to true rationale of the father taking the video in the first place. But, we need to ask Dad about this, so we can work off something more concrete.

Agreed 100%

Originally posted by mckyle
Good question:
Maybe - depends on the frequency of the mysterious rocking. If it's rare, then obviously that raises some flags. But if it's a regular event, then maybe there's not so much luck involved.

This is what adds to my confusion, as a father of a 4 year old boy, I too have a house full of toys and battery powered gadgets that like to operate at odd moments for no known reason other than simply the age of the toy and deteriotating batterie life, plus add the fact that they are stored in a ever cramping toy box which may depress any of the numerous buttons they have...

But I asure you that if my son's rocking horse would "violently" rock as was shown in the video, I would stand guard right next to it let alone hope that my cam corder pics up some sort of poltergeist activity.

Regarding the rocking, there is a great difference between the gentle playing with the boy and the abrupt rocking in the second part, wouldn't that alone suggest their son is not the culprit and the best solution would be to invesitigate it personally??

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join