It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by mmariebored

sorry - but i disagree totally - your idea of using a vid to catch ` who started a bedroom fight ` has zero relevance to this thread , as i assume - you set the vid an the put them to bed - and when sounds of fighting occured - you ran back up to be greeted with ` he started it ` ` no he started it ` - and the vid told you who swung the first pillow

in this case there is only one child - and if the paresnts were going to do anything - they needed to do it right there and then - punishing a child for what he did the night before doesnt work

thats why my oponion is that the vid was a pointless exercise for the prurpose it was allegedly done

if they wanted to catch the kid playing when he was supposed to be in bed - they should just wait for the squeak - and dash up to catch him red handed - and dispens what ever punishment apprropriate before putting him back to bed

what were they going to do with the vid - drag the kid back out of bed - or have a breakfast trial - FFS the kid was 3 - children that age do not understand delayed punishment

the only thing they understand is instant action - and that requires that the parent get into the room while juniour is still on the horse - lift him off - deliver one spak and back to bed - then he knows what he did wrong - and why he was piunished

its that simple

I agree with you. I find the premise of this video ridiculous.

If I heard toys squeaking from my son's room I would, without hesitation walk in there and take the toy out of the room and put it in the basement, with the ghost still sitting on it.

I think that it must be fishing line. But if it is not, then it must absolutely without a doubt be a gray alien with the cloaking device turned on.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm not buying the vibration theory. It's rocking far too violently for that scenario. It's a great story and I believe plausible. I agree it could have easily been faked with fishing wire but am keen to give this one the benefit of the doubt. Just keen. Almost convinced. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella

Originally posted by Lookingup
I'm not saying it's not real since I have seen things that "weren't supposed to be moving," but I would use fishing line if I was going to fake it. Tie the fishing line around the bit/nose area, run it down through the stand and back across the floor to the person holding the line, out of sight of the camera. Simple.

Have you ever tried to pull a really large spring with fishing line? It would break and probably before then cut your hand.

What are you talking about? fishing line can lift 40 pounds easily. The kid that sits on the horse probably weights about 30 pounds and can easily flex those springs, so why can't fishing line do the same? if you figure out the right place to attach it you can not only rock the horse, but with the right timing, stop it on a dime.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Talk about pulling my hair out!!!

The PTB have blocked access to YT (forgive my abbreviations, but I am being guarded for a reason - hint have a look at my location).

As I read the thread, I get more frustrated that I can't see the OP's vid. YT was blocked as of today, and who knows when or if it will come back online again, so it looks like I'm going to have to just use my imagination to substitute for the lack of vid.

Thanks to DancedWithWolves for an enthralling post. Whilst I have missed out on the remarkable vid, your story nonetheless has sent shivers up and down my spine.

Fascinating story!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Okay I'll admit I've just watched and listened again carefully and it does sound louder than I first thought but still I'm not so sure it came from another room, its too close to the mic on the camrecorder. As a way to prove this it sounds alot closer to the mic than your voice does in background ... I'm not an expert on sound but it also seems like the voice comes from behind the camrecorder ?

The sound you are referring to is, in my opinion, clearly the father's voice coming from the other room as he yells something. The timbre of his voice matches well to his talking voice. Not to mention, the envelope properties sound nothing like a whisper.

What you say about the sound "being too close to the mic" is not a factual statement. I believe you are confusing sound output with source proximity. The recorded level of a sound can be affected by multiple variables, proximity being just one of them. It sounds "close" because he's yelling from the other room, i.e., the output level of the sound source is increased, thereby affecting the recorded level. His yelling would be comparatively louder than the talking in the background, since they came from the same general area.

Also, in this case it's not possible to determine if the sound came from behind the camera. At best it was recorded in stereo, although more than likely in mono using a cardioid or super-cardioid camera-mounted mic, which incidentally reduce the amount of sound picked from the rear and sides, and focus on capturing sounds towards the front.

Apologies for the slightly overboard audio analysis.

As for the OP - thanks for posting the video, and thanks to your nephew and the rest of your family as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As far as it being fishing line, I don't think so. A couple times it stops and starts too abruptly for it to be fishing line. I've done a lot of fishing.. and if anyone else has, especially bass fishing (i.e. oh crap I've caught another stick), you know that fishing line has a rather lot of give in it. It has to, or it snaps when you catch fish. When I'd catch debris, and pulled it in, it was a laborious affair. You can't just twitch something that heavy to yourself.

And you'd need some fairly high test, OR something like spiderwire, which if the date of the video is right, did not exist back then. For fishing line to not be seen, it would be have to be fairly lightweight, and I don't think it could pull that horse like it did. I used to deep sea fish with 30 pound test quite often, and that would do the trick, but it's quite noticeable.

So in a nutshell.. if it is something manipulating it, I don't believe it to be fishing line.

And to the OP, don't be offended by scrutiny. While I also don't appreciate the more rude and dismissive comments, you have to expect it. If it's a true case, not a hoax, then it will stand up to the scrutiny. In fact, if I were able to film anything like this, I'd WELCOME a heavy dose of scrutiny and research.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

children that age do not understand delayed punishment

Who said anything about punishment? The squeaking was driving mom and dad so insane, they needed to know, once and for all, who the heck is riding the horse.

-This is just my guess- I don't presume to know what mom and dad were thinking. My point was you have to try and look at every angle before making a judgment call and you said "it makes no sense". My comment was showing you the angle that proves the logic possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

children that age do not understand delayed punishment

Who said anything about punishment? The squeaking was driving mom and dad so insane, they needed to know, once and for all, who the heck is riding the horse.

-This is just my guess- I don't presume to know what mom and dad were thinking. My point was you have to try and look at every angle before making a judgment call and you said "it makes no sense". My comment was showing you the angle that proves the logic possible.

Yea i dont know exactly what they were thinking either but this wasnt the first time they heard the rocking it had happened multiple times for sure, and id definitely want to know what it was even if it was just the sneaky cats messing with it ( i think we had cats back then i cant remember).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I guess my only question is: For a 1992 digitized video, why am I hearing a modern cell signal interfering with the sound starting at 3:35?

I'm not saying that it's not authentic, I'm just curious as to how that got in there when t was originally recorded?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why would you leave your camera on? Thats wasting tape and no one would ever do such a thing. So this is an automatic FAKE!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

Doesn't matter what you converted it in, it's still a fake. There is absolutely NO reason someone would leave a camera on in another room to bust a small child riding a horse??? Yeah I was born yesterday.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To all those that claim the the premise of the video is ridiculous, I say it is no more ridiculous than your assumptions about the motivations and actions of the OP's family.

There's a difference between skepticism and outright rudeness.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer Tracy
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I guess my only question is: For a 1992 digitized video, why am I hearing a modern cell signal interfering with the sound starting at 3:35?

I'm not saying that it's not authentic, I'm just curious as to how that got in there when t was originally recorded?

I would imagine it's possible that the sound you are referring to was unintentionally (I will presume) added in during the later conversion of the original analog tape onto DVD.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Also If this were genuine I would actually expect to see the horse go straight down evenly a good 3-5 inches in all four corners as the ghost sits on it, then it should start rocking.

I don't understand the logic of this argument. If the horse had gone down this would imply that ghosts are affected by gravity, which further implies they have mass.

I've no doubt if this had actually happened people would be using the fact to prove the video was fake!

On a different note I'm saddened by certain people's reactions on this thread although not surprised. I've seen the same thing happen on the Aliens & UFO board where posters who share their experiences are routinely decried. There seems to be a large number of people on ATS whose sole purpose for being here is to cry 'Fake!'. What I can't understand is, if they are so opposed to the idea of paranormal phenomena, why are they even here? I mean what do they get out of it? It only serves to dissuade those with interesting experiences from posting in the first place. *Rant over*

My gut feeling is that the the OP and her nephew are completely genuine (and thank you for posting!).

[edit on 4/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It stuns me to read through this thread and certainly makes me angry.

“Why was the camera left on and pointing at the horse?”

If that question has to be answered one more time…I’ll SNAP!!

“It’s easy to fake…Just use a green stick and remove it in post”

I invite you to do your best and post the results so you can grasp just how EASY this is…Geez!

And then there’s the person who knows for sure that the word “Liar/wire” was coming from behind the camera….Very special ears you have to be able to determine a surround sound experience from a single channel you tube vid.

“The horse does not depress when the ghost sits on it”

What pray tell is the average weight of a ghost?

Trucks going by the room/house could start the horse rocking…

If this were the case and the resulting movement of the horse were related to this event, then the camera would fall off its perch and you’d hear the sound of pictures and glassware hitting the floor.

Oh and then someone wants 30 seconds, some string and a horse to show how they could replicate the event with no problem…I wish I could provide you with all three, it would be fun to watch you come unglued in your efforts.

I could go on and on here…Most of the debunkers are running strong on preconceived notions regarding things they know nothing about. It could be faked but not easily as some suggest and just why the person would want to go to all that effort is beyond me.

I invite any of the debunkers to duplicate this clip, don’t just mindlessly tell us all how easy it is to fake from your computer chair…prove to us the ease of it all!

My quotes above are loose and not verbatim, but you get the drift

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
WOW

OK I gotta ask somebody here please debunk this one it's too creepy to be real!
Thanks for coming forward with this.

Just for argument sake how would somebody fake this? How could you do it?
Lets see if somebody can come up with a debunking of this and explain exactly how you would do it.

WHY are people still doubting this stuff? DUH there are spirits in the universe. of course we're not the only ones... It blows me away how many people are still SO ignorant... along with the fact of how MANY ignorant people there are..

"debunk, debunk, fake".... grow up and question what is.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's funny to me that when people have certain beliefs that is all they see in the video most of the time.

I can't imagine how someone could listen to the sound in that video and say that the word "wire" was a yell from another room. It clearly was a whisper, by the tone of the voice. The reason it sounds louder, is because it's closer, not because it's a yell. Take away your preconceived notions and this becomes obvious. I'm not saying that is proof that this is a hoax in any way, shape, or form, but it is clear to me that someone is whispering the word "wire" for whatever currently unknown reasons.

To the people who say this is not possible with fishing line, you're just flat out wrong. Did you own one of these toys as a kid? They had the 4 springs, one on each corner, and were made for rocking back and forth. They were also made for kids. These were not heavy duty springs, and even as a kid I could easily rock one back and forth just using my pinky finger standing next to it. This could DEFINITELY be done with fishing wire, up to and including the "stopping on a dime". All you have to do is use tension properly in the line.

Another point someone brought up to validate their beliefs that this is a real ghost, was that you could not do that with a fishing line using your hand because it would cut up your hand. A couple of problems with that, 1) Yes, you could, as previously mentioned these horses were meant to rock back and forth like that, and took very little weight to make it do so. You could easily pull a couple of pounds with a fishing string without cutting your hand, I promise.
2) Who said they were even using their hand? Let's say premise 1 is incorrect, and you couldn't possibly put a couple of pounds of pressure with the fishing string without cutting up your hand...what's to stop someone from using say, a block of wood with some string wrapped around it?

Now, I'm not saying that I can prove this to be a hoax, or not. All I'm saying is, this would be quite easy to fake. If you think otherwise, then you are just ignorant.

My opinion is that this is a fake, a fun fake, yet a fake, most likely perpetrated by good old dad. I can't possibly prove that from watching the tape, nor could anyone possibly prove that it is a ghost doing this. It's just my gut feeling.

That being said, I don't think that the OP, nor the nephew are in on it trying to perpetrate the hoax. I think Dad got a good one over on them, and will never admit it because he's enjoying it so much.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
OK, I was just analysing the audio file by itself to try and shed some light on a couple of points people have raised (wire/liar, the distortion sounds) when to my amazement I hear a laugh near the end of the video! It's quite weird as I don't think the TV is on at this point - I'll see if I can clean it up and post it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"It's easy to fake"

Going into space is easy too, Just need rocket fuel, an airtight container and someone dumb enough to stand underneath and light the fuse!

Those who claim it's easy obviously have not worked in The video/photography industry. It can be done but not as easily as you might think. Think about this for a second....You spend the time and energy to set up this hoax then roll the camera. Out of roughly four minutes or so you've moved the horse with your fishing line or what ever and very near the beginning of the recording, then you just let the camera roll the rest of the two and a half minutes for nothing...Why? Once one had the hoax taped I would think you'd maybe keep rolling for ten or fifteen seconds and call it a day no?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish

My opinion is that this is a fake, a fun fake, yet a fake, most likely perpetrated by good old dad. I can't possibly prove that from watching the tape, nor could anyone possibly prove that it is a ghost doing this. It's just my gut feeling.

I think that's certainly a possibility but it does leave the nagging question of exactly who was playing on the rocking horse all those times before they decided to video it. Presumably Mum had heard these too and had agreed to the idea of setting up the camera? Maybe it was MethosWare all those times but he somehow managed never to be caught in the act (smart kid in that case!).

Add to this the accounts of other strange events such as things breaking when he got angry...

It does seem strange that Dad would have kept quiet about it after all these years. If it was a prank then surely he would have announced it soon afterwards - "GOTCHA!!" and they would have all had a good laugh about it. Even odder is the notion that he would maintain the hoax even after seeing how much the video frightened his wife.

I guess MethosWare would be best placed to tell us if his dad has that kind of warped sense of humour

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join