It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The main thing that bothers me is if your mum & dad went to the trouble and effort of setting up a camrecorder to catch you sneaking onto the rocking horse then I don't see why they wouldn't investigate when they heard it rocking but KNEW (as you was being put to bed) that it wasn't you doing it???

Surely they would jump up and think "what the hell's doing that?" and go and have a look.

If its your dad saying liar/wire whatever and that can be heard on the tape then surely if they was that close they would of heard the horse rocking.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

any ghost kid would most likely mimic the traits or rocking patterns of the conciousness it experienced when it was doing it in real life...
at the same rhythm as a normal kid.. not at some absurd rate that would
-

You're saying this is fake because it doesn't meet your expectations of what a real ghost would do? How can you possibly know how a ghost would behave?

A few other posters mentioned the fact that the horse doesn't sink so this 'proves' the video is fake. To counter that I'd like to ask how much a ghost weighs?

Personally I think the video is probably genuine but that GameSetMatch's explanation is the most likely cause:

Ahhh. I had the same horse as a child. Same thing happen to me when I was younger too, but its no ghost. When I was older as a teenager the horse was at my grandmas house. The whole family would joke about the horse being haunted. You know hearing it rocking and all that... I believe the answer is found with vibrations.. See the horse is on 4 springs. and my grandmas house was near the freeway. when some big trucks would come by the horse would rock just like your video. Even though you couldn't feel the vibrations. I have witnessed it on many occasions and I swear if we still had that horse I could show you, but that was a long time ago... we no longer have the horse.

Given that they experienced the same effect (horse moving by itself) but were able to determine the cause this suggests that this video is showing something similar, even if the people there at the time were not aware of any vibrations. Vibrations may not necessarily have come from nearby trucks - there may have been another source.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
reply to post by Death_Kron

Glad you re-listened, friend, because regardless of what word was heard at 1:39 or so, it sure in no way was a 'whisper'. In fact, its odd how on both here and the youtube comments it was described as such.

I'd like to know how you would describe it then! Whisper or a soft call, whatever takes your fancy but there's no way someone can describe it as being a clearly, normal talking volume word.

[edit on 4/3/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've seen this firsthand before, it's a freaky thing. It was a rocking chair however, and my entire family witnessed it. It was quite alarming.

I suppose he could have been filming for his son. Seems very convenient, and also lucky.. the ghost could have chosen the other one.

I do believe this sort of phenomena exists. I don't know that they are the spirits of dead people, but it's definately something. I would probably have never believed in "haunted houses" had I not lived in one as a kid.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

My problem with the video is that the camera clearly stops when the kid finishes then its repositioned and turned on pointing at the horse and also excluding the right side of the room. The horse clearly starts moving in that direction. If someone was using a string you wouldnt know because we can only see the left side of the room.

Shutting the camera off then turning it on is questionable. What I notice is when it comes on again there is no date stamp on the video and the person is leaving the room, how does the camera come on if hes walking out of the room? Someone next to the camera on the right (Where we cannot see and where youd need to pull a string from) would IMO have had to of turned the camera on.

The story you give does not add up in the least, this is a different room from the one the video begins in. I dont buy it, it looks like another home made hoax with people just out of view pulling strings. Tons of these videos on youtube.

Looks more like a family prank. Uncle Bob did it and isnt telling everyone because he thinks its funny kinda thing.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Memysabu]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Interesting video. To me there's no question that ghosts exist, and obviously no video in the world would ever constitute proof for the non-believer. I just wanted to add that if people need the high quality version, paste this line at the end of the youtube link. "&fmt=18" Sometimes youtube down grades from the original quality and doesn't give the option for high and low quality.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
***Edit- Glad to see the brains started getting in gear on page four, just after I wrote this. Good job!***

ok, I've read the first 3 pages, and so far all the comments are mostly the same.

But I have a question: Why was the horse moved from the spot the boy usually plays on it, and is suspected to be sneaking about at night to play on to a completely different spot?

1)If your truely trying to catch your night riding son, wouldn't you leave the horse exactly where it always is, you know it can be hard to see at night.

2)That brings me to the second point. Why isn't this shot taken at night? I mean why are you recording a rocking horse trying to catch the the very person your holding and playing with and have in view at all times. Obviously

3)There's no need to move the horse at all when you have a camera you can set up anywhere in the room at any angle. Shoulda left the horse where the boy usually plays on it.

With haveing said all that, the voice saying wire, is a loud whisper, comeing from inside the room.

In my opinion another fishing line, and yes I owned a near exact rocking horse when I was oung, and you can get it to move up and down, just like that by tugging on the nose ot tail straight down, then releasing, rinse, repeat a few times.

Also If this were genuine I would actually expect to see the horse go straight down evenly a good 3-5 inches in all four corners as the ghost sits on it, then it should start rocking. But I looked for that and nope, not there.That now would have been good, and also could be done,but I'm not saying how. Though I'm not worried that the impatient guy by the camera whispering "Wiar" loud enough for his pal outside the room to here it but didnt think the mic would pick it up, will be able to come up with some decent illusion. This is amuteur night at the ghost hunter's theatre, imo.

Imo, not a clever hoax, but a clever story, because it feels old. Thats why so many people I think are buying this

Even though we dont know for when the second clip was taken or if it's even the same horse in both scenes The feel of the first piece of footage and room, to me, is completely different to that of the second.

The first scene with the child is old, and genuine. But my gut is telling me the second scene could have been made many years after, and the ruse is being created here by 1 person on a couple of accounts. Or a friend on the second account to step in and say, yes, that was me as a child on that horse.

Too many WHY's here. and one big "WH-IAR". Conclusion Poor hoax, semi clever story.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Personally I just want to know what happens to the shelf that is next to the horse? During the video while the young boy is riding there is a shelf of some kind on the right of him. You can clearly see it a few times while he is rocking. But then after the camera shuts off and they leave the room, the rocking horse is in a completely new location. Not that this debunks or disproves anything but I personally dont even see the boy leave the room. Why is the camera turned off, then turned on again only to see someone shut the door on the way out. Just seems kinda strange.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The reason I said it looks more like a hallway is because it has two doors fairly close together in shot....and more likely others off shot. It looks nothing like the first room which had nursery wallpaper and lots of toys around and such.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry, I did not read any of the posts on this page before posting. I read the post about the ghost horse and didn't read any comments. I apologize for asking the same questions already asked=) I agree, not real video.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This video is fake. It's still framed for at least a minute and boohoo it's compressed too much to see any details. That leaves room for mischief. Fishing line or some sort of thread could of been used to move the horse. I'm surprise people like Glenn Beck don't pick up stories like these since he's so right all the time.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Im uploading another part of the video which repeats a little of the end of the first video then shows me in the room again with the lights on after the horse has been moved so you can see the layout. Turning the camera off to not waste tape isnt weird but moving the horse is weird I must admit, but i wasnt the camera operator XD. I couldnt get it to rip from the dvd correctly so i had to try multiple times at getting this bit of video without baby video in it haha thats why i have 2 copies. but when i get a hold of the dvd again ill try some more

Just asked my dad what they were taped on he said 8mm? no clue what that is lol but maybe that will help you guys. Im as skeptical as most of you guys and i think its weird that the time stamp doesnt show during the ghost part but shows before and after.

And here is the second part www.youtube.com... it says its still processing and may improve but there you go

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
I'm not saying it's not real since I have seen things that "weren't supposed to be moving," but I would use fishing line if I was going to fake it. Tie the fishing line around the bit/nose area, run it down through the stand and back across the floor to the person holding the line, out of sight of the camera. Simple.

Have you ever tried to pull a really large spring with fishing line? It would break and probably before then cut your hand.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Wow....nice folks around here some days. Sir or Madam, I have been on ats to long and contributed to much to try to pull a stupid hoax stunt. You and I have both seen those crash and burn since you have been here longer than I have. Some of us are here and have been here all along just to look for answers to the unexplained, unacknowledged or unexplored. I have known about this video since 1992 but never could get my hands on it til now. The story about what was in it has never changed since that time. It is legit to the best of my knowledge.

Most of your questions would take the father's input to address and my nephew has suggested he will ask more questions. Rather than wait for more input - oh well wasting my breath.

Sorry to be so blunt but so far on this thread we have been called all sorts of names and it embarrasses me that I encouraged my nephew to join us here and I as a contributing member brought all of you something legit with video - not just a story - and we are called trailer trash and the like by an earlier poster.

I told him to expect it before he showed up but it is disappointing nevertheless - it truly demeans the intelligence that is on this site to have folks on here that seem to think the aim is to make a determination of how a hoax might have been perpetuated without offering any help to my nephew to understand the phenomenon he might have experienced throughout his life.

As the op of this story and a contributor to ATS over more than a year's time - I would think the benefit of the doubt would go the other way while we get more details about something that happened long ago.

For those who have given him suggestions and directions to explore - my thanks for representing why I still felt like ATS was the right place to share this once it was online.

This is not some random video I discovered on youtube. I know these people - I am related to these people. That's the best I can offer right now - I understand that to some - that means nothing. To others - it will.

Peace

[edit on 4-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella

Originally posted by Lookingup
I'm not saying it's not real since I have seen things that "weren't supposed to be moving," but I would use fishing line if I was going to fake it. Tie the fishing line around the bit/nose area, run it down through the stand and back across the floor to the person holding the line, out of sight of the camera. Simple.

Have you ever tried to pull a really large spring with fishing line? It would break and probably before then cut your hand.

Those horse are really easy to move (my child had one)...and fishing wire is very strong... e.g does not snap easily because big fish put up a big fight.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
The horse never moves down. It seems all of the "weight" only shows in the head going forward. I think there is a string attached to the head.

You will also notice weight is never shifted to the rear like it was with the original child.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by NateNute]

DING DING DING..We have a winner.

This is exactly the line of thinking I was moving towards. Not to say that there isn't a ghost but more in that NOTHING is RIDING the toy.

A rocking horse moves back and forth by the shifting of weight front and back. This is enabled by springs so the resistance stops momentum.

When you sit on a rocking-horse these same springs absorb some of the weight and the device (horse) sinks towards the ground.

In my OPINION, if there is a ghost involved it's either pulling/pushing the handles or the tail or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Sorry if I offended you, truely. It's early, and rereading my post was a bit harsh. Just have alook at my spelling and punctuation.

But yea, calling you trailer trash or whatever the other guy said was way uncalled for.

But hey thanks for uploading the video, it takes a certain amount of courage, if you truely believe it was real. You seem to, as does your nephew the younger one. Maybe Dad was playing tricks? I know my dad used to get a kick out of frightening us kids. Maybe he was trying to frighten the young boys mom with the video?

But I do apologize if any of my post offended you. I'd edit it, but I don't know exactly which.

But yea I don't really believe in ghosts, well I can't say for sure, "anything" is possible. But I should have stated my opinion a bit clearer, and nicer.

Again my apologies.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is in fact odd.

Earlier in the day when first viewing the video I would have sworn positively that the sound at 1:38 was a 'shout', that it seemed 'urgent' somehow or possibly playful. And definately outside of the room with the rocking horse.

On subsequent viewings, I went straight to youtube and enlarged the vid, paying close attention to the sounds. After doing that a few times, I was convinced someone was 'shouting' the word 'water' outside the room.

Then I read the comments on youtube, saw where one comment had described the sound as a 'whisper'. I rolled my eyes and listened again.

And even AGAIN as posters on here described what I was willing to bet was a 'shout' as a whisper. So I went back yet again, viewing and listening----

And damned if I didnt suddenly hear a WHISPER FROM NEAR the camera at 1:38. I was frankly quite amazed. I listened again, and again. Suddenly I felt a bit sheepish for ever having described the sound as MORE than a whisper. And this bothered me badly. What I had heard as a playful shout of 'water' was suddenly a whispered 'wire'.

This bothered me so bad I almost suspected the vid had somehow been dubbed for a moment over what I had heard(or thought I heard) originally until it dawned on me how ludicrous that would be.

So I chalked it up to human perception. Much like the old optical illusion of the girls face between two faces in black and white, some people see the face, some see the vases.

Interestingly, I called in a few co-workers, three in fact. Mentioned nothing of a 'whisper' or a 'shout' and merely told them all to listen closely and see if they heard any word clearly around the stated time. They did.

Two heard a 'shout' of water and one heard a shout of liar.

After I told them it had already been 'proven'( a bit of a white lie maybe, lol) it was in fact a whisper and to listen again they all re-listened intently:

And heard the whispered 'wire'!

Then after a bit of experimenting I discovered the word could pretty much be either almost depending on ones pre-concieved notion. Even when turning my back to the vid and listening, I still very clearly heard the shouted sound from earlier. When paying close attention and watching the vid though, the whisper was plain.

Long story short then, a bit of an apology to death_kron above.

I am very curious though to know if those that heard the whisper rather than the shout read the youtube descrition of it first? Interestingly, some also both on here and youtube describe it as loud, or loud and clear or very 'un-whisper' like.

Ahh, srry to ramble on like this, that just frankly amazed me. Im convinced the sounds somehow hold vital clues as to the truth of this vid.

(Now, if someone would care to explain that evil laughter at 4:21-4:24 or so, I would feel much better, lol.)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Thanks for saying so....as has so eloquently been put here before, the digital ego sometimes takes over and we forget that there are real people on the other end of the post button.

No, I do not believe this was faked....I believe it is real video...of what? that's why I brought it to ATS to learn about similar activities which might also have been captured or insight into this.

Nephew - here are more of your baby shots embedded now from your link - I think it's brave of you to post these - lead on....you do a better job than I do.... This is amazing video - truly.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

(Now, if someone would care to explain that evil laughter at 4:21-4:24 or so, I would feel much better, lol.)

I cant hear the evil laughter lol i cranked it up but there is construction outside my dorm lol so I will have to listen once they leave.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join