Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

-If there is really no other editing other than cutting out the 5 minute clip we have. I would very much like to see the 30 seconds before our clip starts. This would be to see whether or not dad walks away from the record button or if someone else is there and leaves out the other exit (it is common for a den or other extra room/playroom to have more than one exit) This is a pretty big question to be answered.

I do not have the DVD at college but when I go home next ill rip the whole thing onto my laptop. You have about 30 seconds before the clip starts you have me playing on the horsey then they pause it to not waste tape and set it all up later in the day. At 0:37 you can see my dads legs walking out of the room I assume after pressing record. And he talks with my mom immediately after saying hey teresa, I know thats not absolute proof but thats all i know from watching the video a bunch of times XD. Ill also check if my dad has the old 8-track (sp?) or whatever they recorded it on to see if when they converted to digital they shortened it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

Another tidbit your mom shared with me last night on the phone - you were riding the rocking horse before she had to leave for a bit that evening - which is why it is only you and your dad and the tv in the background later on from the next room. While the noises would be heard of the rocking horse moving late at night which was the whole reason for the video being set up - this was apparently while you were eating (or not eating lol when I listen to the conversation between you and your dad) before bed.

When your mom got home that night was when your dad showed her what they had caught on the video - and yes - she is still freaked out by it.

I haven't dwelled in the paranormal forum on ATS much so I would be interested to know if there is other video out there like this posters may know about.

I don't buy the vibration theory from a truck as this was in a small rental house you lived in when you were little in a very residential neighborhood. The start of the horse motion also seems quite slow and deliberate as the horse tips forward gradually before doing the rocking thing. It also - as another poster says - stops on a dime.

Also note how when your mom early on comes in the room you point your finger at her from your perch on the rocking horse. You do the same thing when you ask "who's that" but pointing to blank floor as far as the camera can see. This seems to be a gesture you made (when you were 3) when you acknowledged a person. How I wish you could remember who or what you were seeing at that moment. Alas - how much do any of us remember when we were three. That's a part of the amazing thing here in the video in my opinion. It not only HAPPENED - you saw the ghost before he/she/it began riding once you and your dad were out of the room.

Having heard about this video for years now from your mom - it is so cool to finally get to see it and share it. Hopefully we will get some good links from posters on other similar videos floating around the net or what kind of ghost has been your sidekick for many years. Stay cool -

Peace

PS - Your mom said she has a copy of the cd. Maybe you could walk her through ripping it to her computer and sending it to you - good luck on that one lol - be patient with us old cronies on tech stuff. Your dad - on the other hand - can probably do whatever you need as he has fixed my ailing computers more than once. Thanks for all the time you are spending on answering questions here -

[edit on 4-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser
Note: to even have read or skimed the thread you would think one would spot the numerous replies explaining the posted story. I mean it is in the OP people.

Quite a number (including myself) were asking why it was on when the child is not in bed which was the whole point of the exercise (apparently). It's still not been answered satisfactorily.

-I do not hear the boy say "who is that" in the start, more like "WHAT is that" while it looks like he's pointing at something on the shelf.

I agree

-If there is really no other editing other than cutting out the 5 minute clip we have. I would very much like to see the 30 seconds before our clip starts. This would be to see whether or not dad walks away from the record button or if someone else is there and leaves out the other exit (it is common for a den or other extra room/playroom to have more than one exit) This is a pretty big question to be answered.

Indeed.

any other ideas with the interferance, guys?

Degradation of the analogue tape, could have been placed near a magnet such as a speaker at some point or a small physical defect on the ribbon itself.

I will concede that the voice is the father's and it does appear to come from a different room (because of the acoustics), however it does not explain why it is so much louder.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Quite a number (including myself) were asking why it was on when the child is not in bed which was the whole point of the exercise (apparently). It's still not been answered satisfactorily.

Like the OP said it was heard not only while I was sleeping but while i was eating or refusing to eat also. When you hear weird rocking horse sounds from upstairs but if you go up there its nothing you will eventually want to know wtf it is lol. And it was late so maybe he set it up before putting me to bed so he wouldnt risk waking me up, ill ask him the whole story next time i see him.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare

Originally posted by sueloujo

So was the video set up in this instance to catch you sneaking in...or to catch you on it whilst you should have been asleep??

Well I wouldnt have to sneak in if I was allowed to be on it. So it was prolly in order to catch me sneaking in then playing on it because they couldnt figure out what was going on, makes sense to put a camera there to find out. It was obviously evening so my guess would be my dad was playing with me then going to put me to bed and just set up the camera before hand so he wouldnt accidently wake me up or he didnt want to have to worry abbout it.

I didnt question the fact of being allowed on it or not. I was asking which was the case because your father states it was to catch you on it whilst asleep...and yet you are not in there and surely he would wait to put you to bed before starting filming.
Video cameras in those day were able to film either 40 or 120 mins of VHS filming. It would be handy to know which make of video camera it was made with. Would that be possible to find out?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare

So was the video set up in this instance to catch you sneaking in...or to catch you on it whilst you should have been asleep??

Well I wouldnt have to sneak in if I was allowed to be on it. So it was prolly in order to catch me sneaking in then playing on it because they couldnt figure out what was going on, makes sense to put a camera there to find out. It was obviously evening so my guess would be my dad was playing with me then going to put me to bed and just set up the camera before hand so he wouldnt accidently wake me up or he didnt want to have to worry abbout it.

I didnt question the fact of being allowed on it or not. I was asking which was the case because your father states it was to catch you on it whilst asleep...and yet you are not in there and surely he would wait to put you to bed before starting filming.
Video cameras in those day were able to film either 40 or 120 mins of VHS filming. It would be handy to know which make of video camera it was made with. Would that be possible to find out?

Not sure the reason behind it but my only guess would be setting it up playing with me then putting me to sleep and he set it up before hand as to not wake me up and like entice me to go play on it XD. I would guess it was 120 mins my dad is a big tech geek and the whole dvd was atleast an hour long unless the people converted 3 to 1 dvd but ill ask.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Right I've just watched the tape again and I'm almost convinced the word "Wire" is whispered at 1:39 - 1:40, I would rule out it being a TV or spoken by either of the parents because its clearly a whisper - you wouldn't pick that up on the tape if it was on a TV. Where is the TV in location to the tape?

Another thing to mention, you can clearly hear nephew and parents upstairs (presumably putting nephew to bed) so why didn't they hear the rocking? It sounded pretty loud to me and I'm sure if they was upstairs they would of heard it ?

Lastly, I don't think what we hear near the end of the tape is interference; it does sound similar to the EM/Microwave interference you hear when you place a mobile phone next to a speaker although to me it sounds more like the motor of the camrecorder or maybe a problem with that part of the tape.

However it does seem kind of strange to fake something like this but I suppose stranger things have happened...

[edit on 4/3/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Right I've just watched the tape again and I'm almost convinced the word "Wire" is whispered at 1:39 - 1:40, I would rule out it being a TV or spoken by either of the parents because its clearly a whisper - you wouldn't pick that up on the tape if it was on a TV. Where is the TV in location to the tape?

Another thing to mention, you can clearly hear nephew and parents upstairs (presumbably putting nephew to bed) so why didn't they hear the rocking? It sounded pretty loud to me and I'm sure if they was upstairs they would of heard it ?

Lastly, I don't think what we hear near the end of the tape is interference; it does sound similar to the EM/Microwave interference you hear when you place a mobile phone next to a speaker although to me it sounds more like the motor of the camrecorder or maybe a problem with that part of the tape.

However it does seem kind of strange to fake something like this but I suppose stranger things have happened...

lol strange that someone would 'whisper' ( i think it still sounds louder than the rest) and i have no clue where the tv is but you can hear the rumbling sounds from it. and my parents were prolly focusing on putting me to bed instead of rushing to the horse when they have heard it a lot and not found a solution. The end of the tape no one really knows but id lean towards the tape messing up cause its like 15 years old XD. And it would seem strange for my dad or mum to fake this make it just a family legend then finally get a dvd 15 years later and allow me to put it on youtube XD

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well it does seem a little weird for them to fake something like that I'll be honest. I would of thought though that if they had heard the horse rocking they would of ran straight into the room as the reason for putting the camrecorder there in the first place was because they kept hearing it rocking and thinking it was you?

I know I'd suddenly rush in if I knew it wasn't you doing the rocking (because you was being put to bed)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
wire strings from the basement.

at 2:14 .. at the rate that that thing is rocking.. any "kid" riding it would have his cranium whipping back and forth..
just imagine a kid on the thing at 2:14...
yeah.. i dont think so..

any ghost kid would most likely mimic the traits or rocking patterns of the conciousness it experienced when it was doing it in real life...
at the same rhythm as a normal kid.. not at some absurd rate that would knock his skull from his spinal column.

cam setup.

cheap trailer trash attention grabber.

sucks.

-

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm laughing now....when your dad gets a chance to listen to the conversation again let me know - I think he called you a liar (not the word wire) because you said you had eaten something which clearly you must have hidden and not eaten. (Your mom used to do that with anything green) Your dad says something about you won't get your "beans" if you don't finish it - whatever that means - it probably was jelly beans you wouldn't get or something sweet after you ate. How funny.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

I'm laughing now....when your dad gets a chance to listen to the conversation again let me know - I think he called you a liar (not the word wire) because you said you had eaten something which clearly you must have hidden and not eaten. (Your mom used to do that with anything green) Your dad says something about you won't get your "beans" if you don't finish it - whatever that means - it probably was jelly beans you wouldn't get or something sweet after you ate. How funny.

I love jelly beans lol, hes seen the youtube but its a much lower quality than the file and dvd so we will have to all get together and decipher what we are saying haha.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
MethosWare
Ill also check if my dad has the old 8-track (sp?) or whatever they recorded it on to see if when they converted to digital they shortened it.
Goatheif

Degradation of the analogue tape, could have been placed near a magnet such as a speaker at some point or a small physical defect on the ribbon itself.

The orignal is almost certainly VHS as they were the media of the day and camcorders were at a price that nearly every family had one in '92
I'm 34 and MethosWare I believe is in college given his reference to 8-track (ask your parents)

Back to it
Goatheif, I still don't think the interferance is degradation. I would think degradation as you decribed from a magnet or something similar would cause a more severe and bigger overall effect. I seem to remember my old VHS tapes being fuzzy or unable to adjust tracking all the way to clear, but not these distinct interferances. I work in customer service and I have heard these exact interferances during my calls. At work I blame it on company equipment that connects to my headset, but it could be on the customers end. I am thinking mabey cordless phone instead of cell phone. I am still not ruling out electromagnetic being caused by an actual entity.

MethoseWare, your mom said that you have always had a ghost, and others have said that the act of you thinking about riding the horse caused it to move. there is something to that, Fractal reality literally created by consiousness.
Have you ever noticed any similar experriences or have you thought you had telekinetic ability
Fractal/Conscious Reality

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yeah I'm totally buying it. Let's take an awesome legitimate video and convert it with an unregistered video converter.

People are so gullible it makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Yeah I'm totally buying it. Let's take an awesome legitimate video and convert it with an unregistered video converter.

People are so gullible it makes me sick.

lol i converted it with an unregistered video converter cause im cheap =). To the other poster I havent had any other experiences like that just the rocking horse, frog figurines (see a previos post), and another one involving a picture but the picture one is too easy to be explained by gravity for me to believe it lol. There was a picture of me and my brother on the wall about our entertainment center and we got into a fight before school and as we were about to leave it just fell and shattered all over the floor. but again it could just be gravity haha

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What ever word was whispered "Wire" or "Liar" there is no one visible in the shot so therefore the person who said it was behind the camera and if that's the case then that pretty much answers it ...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

What ever word was whispered "Wire" or "Liar" there is no one visible in the shot so therefore the person who said it was behind the camera and if that's the case then that pretty much answers it ...

In your opinion it answers it lol I and some others still think it comes from a different room and it doesnt seem whispered, but we all have different opinions.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Okay I'll admit I've just watched and listened again carefully and it does sound louder than I first thought but still I'm not so sure it came from another room, its too close to the mic on the camrecorder.

As a way to prove this it sounds alot closer to the mic than your voice does in background ...

I'm not an expert on sound but it also seems like the voice comes from behind the camrecorder ?

[edit on 4/3/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
In addition to the comment I made to either it's a ghost, floor vibration, air movement, I would add:

Sometimes dad's are tricksy wanting to pull a fast one on family, namely mom, and friends of the family. Fishing line or a thin thread could make some movement.

If you recall a Myth Buster episode where they got a bridge to start vibrating to a point they thought it would collapse using the right sound frequency, then that could be a reason too. Maybe the bass on the TV or some sound in the house (refrig or furnace) is enough to get it moving.

Men of reason would look at all possibilities including the ghost part or the inexplicable.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Glad you re-listened, friend, because regardless of what word was heard at 1:39 or so, it sure in no way was a 'whisper'. In fact, its odd how on both here and the youtube comments it was described as such.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join