It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good video. Of course it could easily be faked and this whole thing could be a well planned hoax. How will we ever know, unless he comes clean? I guess it's just going to be a 50 page thread with all the wannabe detectives ripping the story and demanding more evidence

I'm keeping an open mind.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have only one question. WHy did the person leave the camera back to record an empty room??

[EDIT] I didnt read the whole thing. Never mind .

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Can I ask why the camera was left running and completely focused on the rocking horse?

Not only that, why is the horse in a completely different room than the one the child was in? Notice the second part of the video shows the horse in a room with no dresser drawers or shelves near it, which can clearly be seen in the first part of the video, where the young boy is riding it.

The camera was left running because they were trying to catch me or something riding the horse when i wasnt supposed to be. The horse is actually in the same room just next to the door of the room instead of the wall, I have no clue why he moved it tho lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What convinces me as someone else already pointed out was the way it physically stopped. With a string it would continue to move after you quit pulling on it but the horse rocked and then stopped on a dime. You cannot do that with a string. In the end it sounded like a big truck or a train and then the EM noises which baffles me also considering cell phones werent exactly around much back then. Interesting video.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am not convinced at all with this. If the video was set up to catch you on it...why have the camera rolling when you are not even in the room. The "stage" for the rocking horse has changed location. It looks like a hallway to me and not the childs room in the first part of the clip. Also if the camera was set up to catch the horse moving...I would be damn sure I would have heard that squeaking noise and gone in to see it and make sure the camera caught it.
The actual start of the movement of the horse definately looks "strained" like a pulling movement.
I am sorry but it doesnt ring true with me..tooo set up.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

sorry - but i disagree totally - your idea of using a vid to catch ` who started a bedroom fight ` has zero relevance to this thread , as i assume - you set the vid an the put them to bed - and when sounds of fighting occured - you ran back up to be greeted with ` he started it ` ` no he started it ` - and the vid told you who swung the first pillow

in this case there is only one child - and if the paresnts were going to do anything - they needed to do it right there and then - punishing a child for what he did the night before doesnt work

thats why my oponion is that the vid was a pointless exercise for the prurpose it was allegedly done

if they wanted to catch the kid playing when he was supposed to be in bed - they should just wait for the squeak - and dash up to catch him red handed - and dispens what ever punishment apprropriate before putting him back to bed

what were they going to do with the vid - drag the kid back out of bed - or have a breakfast trial - FFS the kid was 3 - children that age do not understand delayed punishment

the only thing they understand is instant action - and that requires that the parent get into the room while juniour is still on the horse - lift him off - deliver one spak and back to bed - then he knows what he did wrong - and why he was piunished

its that simple

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
I am not convinced at all with this. If the video was set up to catch you on it...why have the camera rolling when you are not even in the room. The "stage" for the rocking horse has changed location. It looks like a hallway to me and not the childs room in the first part of the clip. Also if the camera was set up to catch the horse moving...I would be damn sure I would have heard that squeaking noise and gone in to see it and make sure the camera caught it.
The actual start of the movement of the horse definately looks "strained" like a pulling movement.
I am sorry but it doesnt ring true with me..tooo set up.

They had to leave the camera running to be able to catch me sneaking in so I dont get your 2nd sentence. Its in my room still Ill post a different video showing where it is if you want. They had heard the rocking multiple times but when they went to check I wasnt there, so they set up the camera and during the video my parents were playing with me and watching tv so they probably didnt even hear the rocking noises durin the vid. Everyone has their own opinions tho.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by mmariebored

the only thing they understand is instant action - and that requires that the parent get into the room while juniour is still on the horse - lift him off - deliver one spak and back to bed - then he knows what he did wrong - and why he was piunished

its that simple

They tried that but could never catch me on it... so they wanted to see how I was ninja'ing in and out, or what else was making the noise.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Occam's razor, people.
Nice video, truely creepy. Dunno what it could be but again, Occam's razor

William of Ockham is dead, and why would he use his razor to do this? Are you inferring that he's the ghost in the video?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by carole9999]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

Hello mate,

Could you answer my questions in my post on page 3?

Cheers!

[edit on 4/3/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Star & Flagged!

Thats quite an interesting video and although I'm not saying it is fake for definite, I have a couple of questions;

1.) Has anyone else noticed that at 1:39-1:40 minutes of the video someone whispers something similiar to the word "water" under their breath?

2.) Why is the video still recording when its obvious from the background sounds that your nephew isn't in the room and is in fact still playing with his parents?

3.) You mentioned the rocking was "late at night" although I can't tell the time from the video your nephew is still awake so again why is it recording ?

4.) Wouldn't it just be easier to ask your nephew was he riding the rocking horse at night?

5.) Most parents in my oppinion would sneak upstairs to catch your nephew in the act of riding the rocking horse, give him a telling off and send him back to bed, it sounds very extreme and convient that they set a video camera up to catch him - but caught something else.

6.) Lastly, presumably that video was recorded on a non-night vision camera thus they would have to had left the light on in the rocking horse room, well wouldn't this draw your nephew to the room and out of bed?

Cheers,

1) Yea wire/water/liar/something I think its the tv or my parents lol no clue to be honest.

2) its left running to catch me in the act its late so my best guess would be they are playing with me then going to put me to sleep, while its still running and see how i sneak in XD.

3) same as 2 i suppose

4) I was three and they tried to catch me riding it but they never did and when they would check on me I'd be asleep. I guess they could ask me but I would have said no even if i had done it =)

5) They tried to catch 'me' multiple times but couldnt but they could obviously hear the squeaking what would you do?

6) Good point it definitely wasnt a night vision camera but it doesnt look like the lights on its rather dim in there but its possible but the door is closed so it prolly wouldnt attract me to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wow... mind bending evidence. How strong was that? It was
not little... it was like a huge weight....

IMHO The physical is just a temp vessel...

Thanks for coming forward, im sure this changed your perception of
things.

[]´s
RP

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Okay thanks for that, I'd rule out it being the TV or your parents doing the whispering as there's no one in the room when its said - unless their behind the camera and its too quiet for it to be the TV.

When you said they tried to catch your nephew, would they go upstairs and stand behind the door then the rocking would stop? Did they not look into the room when they heard it?

Not dismissing anything, just trying to get all the facts. Interesting video like I said, will have another look tonight.

Edit: In your OP you said it was your nephew sneaking into the room on the rocking horse but in your reply you've just said they were trying to catch how you sneaked into the room? Am I getting confused?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Okay thanks for that, I'd rule out it being the TV or your parents doing the whispering as there's no one in the room when its said - unless their behind the camera and its too quiet for it to be the TV.

When you said they tried to catch your nephew, would they go upstairs and stand behind the door then the rocking would stop? Did they not look into the room when they heard it?

Not dismissing anything, just trying to get all the facts. Interesting video like I said, will have another look tonight.

Edit: In your OP you said it was your nephew sneaking into the room on the rocking horse but in your reply you've just said they were trying to catch how you sneaked into the room? Am I getting confused?

Im the nephew not the original poster she told me to come here and discuss too XD. The water/liar/wire seems like a shout from the tv or adjacent room to me so im not sure. When my dad walks out of the room he says something like hey then my moms name so I know neither of them are in the room and I most likely wasnt since my dad was playing with me.

When they would go to the room to check who was rocking the horse yea it would stop lol if they would have walked in and it was rocking by itself they would have probably had a heart attack. She probably meant they were trying to catch me sneaking into the room and maybe i had a few times lol, but they could never catch me.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by Tentickles

That's a good question so I called my sister to ask. She said she hasn't watched the video in about five years and she still gets chills. She thought it was great fun that her son had put it up on youtube. I have also invited my nephew to join us here if he could to discuss this video and other happenings he might remember.

My sister added right off the bat when I called her and told her the video was up that, her son, "has always had a ghost."

About the rocking horse she add, "When we got it the leg was broken. We glued it back together."

She said she and her husband at first would hear bat and ball game noises coming from my nephew's room but when they would check on him he was asleep. Later the rocking horse noises started which is what led to the taping of this video.

That nephew is a college student now.

My sister also said that when her son was older she remembers one time he was in trouble and she was mad at him (I have to defend him here and her because he is an amazing person who hardly ever causes her frustration. They are close.). Anyway, my sister said the ghost broke figurines and a picture frame when her son was in trouble – and his room had always been the coldest in the house no matter where it was located in a home. She doesn't describe the breaking of things as being threatening to her but merely as "something" clearly standing up and stomping its foot in defense of her son.

Thanks for asking about the rocking horse. It was a good question and I learned a little more about their ghost.

Peace

Based on what you're describing here, it doesn't sound like a ghost but rather that your nephew has psychic ability. He was likely dreaming of riding the rocking horse and when he got angry psychokinesis manefested itself and broke the figurines.

This is common. It's not the rocking horse but the nephew. He should look into developing his abilities because it seems that he has a VERY strong natural talent.

It's difficult to find someone who can really help a natural psychic that isn't just full of hot air. His best bet would be to find someone and describe all of these occurences, if they then ask for money, they're full of it. If they don't and want to help him develop his abilities, they might be the real deal.

Jaden

link   
Didnt read all five pages so sorry if this has been brought up. The horse never moves down. It seems all of the "weight" only shows in the head going forward. I think there is a string attached to the head.

You will also notice weight is never shifted to the rear like it was with the original child.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare

Originally posted by 7even

Not trying to discredit you in anyway but it sure does sound like it's coming from in the same room, as if someone was right next to the camera.

Also was the horse moved to a different room? At the beginning of the video there was wallpaper and the room seemed smaller then the second part when the rocking took place.

"The horse was moved from the outside wall of the room to next to the door so I could try and catch my son riding his horse when he should have been sleeping. " from my dads youtube comment. I was only 3 so i cant remember any of this haha and it sounds to me to be from the tv but who knows XD. sorry i couldnt be of more help

So was the video set up in this instance to catch you sneaking in...or to catch you on it whilst you should have been asleep??

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Apologies my mistake, I didn't realise you wasn't the OP. Must be getting too excited over the video

I'll check back tonight and post some more.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

So was the video set up in this instance to catch you sneaking in...or to catch you on it whilst you should have been asleep??

Well I wouldnt have to sneak in if I was allowed to be on it. So it was prolly in order to catch me sneaking in then playing on it because they couldnt figure out what was going on, makes sense to put a camera there to find out. It was obviously evening so my guess would be my dad was playing with me then going to put me to bed and just set up the camera before hand so he wouldnt accidently wake me up or he didnt want to have to worry abbout it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

With a string it would continue to move after you quit pulling on it but the horse rocked and then stopped on a dime. You cannot do that with a string.

Simply hold the tension on the string. this effect can be learned in 1 minute of practice,

I must say that I was at first dissapointed in noticing how many of my fellow members have bothered to ask why the camera was left on and pointing at the horse..
Now I just shake my head at the more obvious non-ingnorance deniers (is that a word?)
ATS is/should/used to be about more than pushing play on a you tube vid and debunking away. Note: to even have read or skimed the thread you would think one would spot the numerous replies explaining the posted story. I mean it is in the OP people.

Anyway now that thats off my chest, a few things

-Even though timestamps are easily faked I think in this case it lends credibility

-The noises from the springs are supressed when there is the actual weight of the kid on the horse ( you can prove this yourself if you can find one of these)

-I do not hear the boy say "who is that" in the start, more like "WHAT is that" while it looks like he's pointing at something on the shelf.

-If there is really no other editing other than cutting out the 5 minute clip we have. I would very much like to see the 30 seconds before our clip starts. This would be to see whether or not dad walks away from the record button or if someone else is there and leaves out the other exit (it is common for a den or other extra room/playroom to have more than one exit) This is a pretty big question to be answered.

-1:38 to me is clearly the sound of dad playing with the kid and just before the word in question Is -Let's see (?) Water (?)- I have pretty good sound and headphones and in no way do I think it is in the same room. also the word in question is being exclaimed during play with a child. It is not heard in such a way that would be considered a whisper, as in shhh hide the wire, not at all.

--note:I have access to high quality sound equipment (my brothers) and will try to decipher the audio, I particularly want to try and place the TV program and commercials, at the end It sounds like music. to authenticate the time stamp.

-3:36 4:34 4:52 This is the most interesting part, really has me stumped and is probably the single most compelling argument for being the real deal, someone said microwave, I don't think so, a microwave makes more of a steady interferance, and of course it is unlikely it's a cell phone, or car phone, as we called them then because most of them were the kinds that were installed in your car. the carry around ones were known as bag phones, not really the pocket phones of today.
any other ideas with the interferance, guys?

All in all this is a really cool video and I'm not sure what to make of it. Unfortunatly it will probably not ever be conclusive but I'd still like to look deeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The editing is the give-away in this, I'm sure we would see someone pressing record, going off camera and then proceeding to pull a string or wire which only exerts force on the head/front of the horse. If there was nothing to hide then it would be shown, simple really.

Nice try though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join