It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

It seems like a lot of people are just watching the video and not actually reading the OP. Please go back and read it and you'll have your explanation why the rocking horse was in the centre of the shot and why the video was left running.

We certainly are reading the accompanying posts, are you sure you have? The problem is it was stated that the camera was left on to catch the child riding when he should be sleeping at night. Now this sounds good at first but it's really the undoing of the video, here's why:

Light is left on
The word "wire" can be heard very clearly
The son is still awake and playing elsewhere (why is the camera on?)
Rocking horse has changed rooms and position from the first scene
Editing has been done

If the OP wishes to remain credible I suggest uploading the unedited video to ATS - from the time the camera is left on (someone touching it then leaving room, etc) until their return or the tape runs out. Failure to do so will leave us no option but to assume the authors are hiding something and faked the whole incident.

Sorry if that seems harsh but sometimes the truth is.

Yep. 1 million and 1 ways to fake that video.

Good points too.

Waiting for response from OP

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
ok - as to credibilty / legitimacy - nothing in the video itself can be taken as any subsantial evidence that it is either genuine paranormal activity , a missunderstood mundane phenonemon , or a deliberate hoax .
All we have to go on are our own preconceptions , both of the legitimacy of paranormal claims , and the integrity of the family [ and no offence to either ATS member - or thier relatives but the ` aunts ` and ` nephews ` testimony here are just unverifiable claims - you cannot sensibly comment on thier truefullness / veracity - based soley on reading a couple of ATS posts ]

howver the entire ` back story ` - ie "we put the camera in place to catch the kid sneaking about " makes ZERO sense what so ever the implication is that the sqeaky horse can be heard throughout the house

so why not just sit back and await the squeek ? and when it occurs - sneak upto the room weraring just your socks - bingo if the kid is indulging in nocturnal play times - you have caught him

another thing that strikes me - is that if the kid DID sneak in , what would he find - yup a big shinny new toy with a light on making a whirrling sound - ie daddys expensive camcorder - one push or pull later - and crash its daddys expensive paperweight

sorry - the cynic in me thinks the entire kid monitoring story is perposterous - and the video is intentionally set up to record something other than a naughty child

now if they had said - we could hear the sqeek - but the kid was in our bedroom - or having his bath - so we set the cam to find out why it was sqeeking - then this post at least would have been far shorter

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I've seen more realistic clips used in Hollywood and they used
a fully lit room.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The only problems I have with this are:

1. I have never left a camera running and open before. I find it hard to believe anyone would. I suppose it is possible... but..

2. You not only leave it on, you leave it centered PERFECTLY on the object for the "ghost" scene. How very convenient.

Of course, you have to think this might happen on a very rare occasion. Someone might leave a camera on AND centered on a object that happens to be the object of paranormal activity.

This of course, could easily be faked.

And for what it's worth, I do believe in ghosts, or a phenomena that appears to be ghosts by those who see it. They may not be the dead spirits of people, but I thing they are something. But videos like these don't make me go OoO! and ahh.. it seems far too simple.

I've SEEN this sort of thing first hand, too. It's what made me firmly believe in this sort of thing. We lived in a "haunted" house. Bought dirt cheap, my parents thought they were getting a bargain. We moved out less than a year later, because of all the activity. But we didn't catch anything on tape as conveniently as this.

You did not move into the DeFeo house did you...?

I grew up in a "haunted house"...strange happenings in the night. Voices when it was just me, things moving/disappearing, foggy windows/mirrors when there should not have been...etc. I think you can used to things over time...like I said I grew up with it, I did not know that kind of stuff does not happen to other folks until my mid teens when I would stay at friends houses for lengths of time(weekends, summer break, etc.).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dneudecker
It definitely sounds like the interference caused by a cellphone, but perhaps some other electronic device could have caused it. I don't recall ever hearing any other devices doing that though, at least back in the early nineties. I'd have to look into that a little more.

Maybe a microwave, mine makes noises like that, interupting my phone conversations.

I was thinking, it seems to me that a hoaxer, at least one trying to fool an intelligent crowd, would edit the heck out of the tape, ensuring no flaws can be found in the scam. Lies are often more believable than the truth. Unless of course the hoaxer was dad playing a prank. Dad's rarely cover every detail because they underestimate their prank victim, mom. I'd even be so bold as to call that a sure science.

Anyway, it seems genuine.. but then again, a college kid is involved, maybe it's an experiment.

Stranger things have happened, and this was so long ago, it makes no sense that someone would be seeking to gain anything from sharing this.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If you wanted to catch the kid gettin up and playing, then why not just leave the camera running in the kids bedroom, or even outside the bedroom door rather than directly on the rocking horse?

As much as i'd love to believe this, something just doesn't ring true about it, it's all too convenient and as stated many times, could be very easily faked

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
howver the entire ` back story ` - ie "we put the camera in place to catch the kid sneaking about " makes ZERO sense what so ever the implication is that the sqeaky horse can be heard throughout the house

I have kids and I remember a few years ago wanting to set up a camera to find out who started what bedroom war. It's not such an odd concept. If the horse's sounds are what's first and foremost on the parent's mind, it makes sense to want to point the camera directly on the horse.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mmariebored]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Interesting video, thank you for posting.

I would like to ask the relation of the family outside of the room to the room itself. An adjoining room sharing a common wall would be my guess judging by how clear the sounds from outside the room were. That seems to possibly indicate an apartment or possibly a mobile home, at least in my humble opinion.

I think,however, stairs were mentioned in one post by the young man in question. Was the incident of the frog figurines/table being tumbled down the stairs in this same house?

Just curious as the external room sounds seemed to indicate thinner walls and easy sound travel.

As for the film itself, the camera location was slightly elevated , I would assume out of the childs line of sight possibly?

A last interesting point is the comparision of the child on the rocking horse vs the sound of the rocking horse moving without the child. Nothing at all conclusive, just points to ponder.

All in all, very cool and I personally dont doubt the OP. I frankly see no reason to.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

Originally posted by Strype

Originally posted by Jinni
Yep, Djinni\Ghost\Spirit\Poltergeist\incubus\sucubus all the same thing.

Darn you for making me post a one liner. Actually, allow me to explain so this won't be a one liner. Those six things you described? Not even CLOSE to the "same thing." For eff's sake man, even if they ARE fake, do some research before you dribble nonsense onto an ATS thread. Your post was disgusting.

- Strype

How can you find such a thing 'disgusting' - do you even know what that word means?

I've done my research.

They are the same thing.

But that is off-topic and for a different thread.

What is not needed is your 'disgusting' outburst.

Now you know what 'disgusting' means.

P.S. Your post and ATS points seem to indicate that you flamebait and troll. It seems more people have found YOUR posts disgusting and nonsensical to say the least.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Jinni]

Since you were so inclined to derail my comment, allow me to say this. You obviously haven't done any research, if you're claiming djinnis, ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, incubus and sucubus are the same thing. In fact, there's absolutely no common ground relating some of these things to eachother, in any sense. If you're interested in knowing the differences between them, feel free to U2U me. Until then, pretend not that you've researched anything on this topic if you're sticking to your story.

I apologize if you felt my comment was off-topic, but last I checked this was a discussion forum. Whereas I'm free to comment on other people's comments. That's all it was. It wasn't an outburst, it was a response. My ATS points indicate absolutely nothing about what I have or have had to say in the past. And you're calling me nonsensical?

- Strype

P.S. Yes, thank you for reassuring me as to what 'disgusting' meant.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Its a good story, and I am sure a lot of people might get some straight up hairs on the back of their neck.. (here comes the BUT)

but..

for me it is VERY strange that the "ghost" is able to rock the horse back and forward, but is unable to show us his weight. e.g. the horse never "depresses" because of any weight/force on top of it.. this for me, is clear evidence that this is not 100% genuine..

second point, as already mentioned. the boy was playing with dad in another room? why the need for taping?

third point. late at night, a 3 year old still awake and playing? daddy sets up the camera, and then goes to play with the boy? should it not have been: sets up camera and then goes off to bring the boy to bed?

fourth point. catching a 3 year old playing with the horse with the lights on? were the lights always on? makes no sense..

fifth point. Some noises (weither the words make wire/hire/liar I leave that out) on the tape are clearly coming from within the same room. Someone (or more persons) were in that room, and they were NOT ghosts.

This was a good effort, but too good to be true and too easy to fake.. and yes, those can be used as an argumant for either side..

Still, the horse only making "horizontal" movements, and no downward force is plying on it, makes it fake. sorry.. next time better..

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I apologize if I came off as offending to you. I'm just not here to beat around any bushes. Straight to the point is always the fastest route. I don't kiss butt, I don't ask questions. I do research and I make statements. Besides, I'm new here and have very few posts. Most of the very few I have are quicky responses such as the one that started this nonsensical argument. I'm not trying to start fights, friend, I'd just like to debate some things I read here on ATS. But instead of backing these debated claims, most users resort to assuming that I'm bashing them. I wish this wasn't the case. Perhaps I'll consider fronting as a nice person.

But so I'm not off topic. The OP footage seemed pretty credible aside from the aforementioned movement of the horse & camera. That's a bit suspicious all by itself. Besides, if it was the child they were worried about, why not (hiddenly) film the child in his bed? This way they're able to find out if he/she is involved in some sort of mischief aside from riding the horse. There's really not enough information to come to any definite conclusion, but this is far from proving anything to me. Entertaining watch & read though. Thanks.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

The subject is about a video supposedly of a ghost riding a rocking horse.

We're not discussing each other, membership status, points, or anything else, from this point on.

Thank You.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
edit: Was contacted.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Ahhh. I had the same horse as a child. Same thing happen to me when I was younger too, but its no ghost. When I was older as a teenager the horse was at my grandmas house. The whole family would joke about the horse being haunted. You know hearing it rocking and all that... I believe the answer is found with vibrations.. See the horse is on 4 springs. and my grandmas house was near the freeway. when some big trucks would come by the horse would rock just like your video. Even though you couldn't feel the vibrations. I have witnessed it on many occasions and I swear if we still had that horse I could show you, but that was a long time ago... we no longer have the horse.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GameSetMatch

I have also known of washing machines in a nearby room causing that type of motion as well. Just food for thought regardless of what the case may be.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
A lot of points to talk about.

Was I sleeping or playing with my dad? I have no clue I was three at the time so everything I know is coming from my family, I assumed I was asleep since it was dark in the room and I was three but my dad (rarewings on youtube) says he was playing with me in the next room which is plausible too.

It was an apartment, it was not the same apartment with the frog figuorines though. I don't know/remember if it had stairs either or the layout of the house in general.

The video camera was pointed at the horse in the center because they wanted to video tape the horse that was the main purpose. They would hear it rocking but wouldnt find me on it when they came to check. They didnt do this after 1 or 2 times I dont think, but eventually they did and according to the "legend" that ive heard it was put in a laundry basket on one of my little dressers.

I am a college student but im majoring in informatics and cybersecurity so this isnt a sociological experiment haha. The jump in the video between the poor on the horse and the horse in the room is because they paused it to not waste tape, and they prolly did other things in between also. I didnt do any cutting or editing other than cutting this section out of the 2 hour long dvd of our baby videos lol. Scary thing to see mixed in with a bunch of baby videos lol. And I didnt even cut it where i wanted to lol i didnt want anyone to see my baby video part XD.

I think thats all i remember i needed to answer, im willing to answer more questions, but I cannot give absolute proof its real no one can and i dont even believe in ghosts per se but i have no other explanation for the weird things that have happened.

edit: I watched the video again and turned up the sound with vlc and the wire/liar/hair/whatever sounded to me to come from the same room as the tv/my mom/my dad. And its definitely not a whisper sayin wire/liar/hair its a loud like scream lol, but everyone has their own opinions lol.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
WOW

OK I gotta ask somebody here please debunk this one it's too creepy to be real!
Thanks for coming forward with this.

Just for argument sake how would somebody fake this? How could you do it?
Lets see if somebody can come up with a debunking of this and explain exactly how you would do it.

Well as a videographer, if I were going to stage this, I'd run a fishing line off the horse, along the floor and under the door. The dark carpet would conceal the visibility nicely, and I could tug on it from the hallway or next room.

I'm NOT however saying that's what they did. It could be perfectly legit.
But that is one way to do it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Can I ask why the camera was left running and completely focused on the rocking horse?

Not only that, why is the horse in a completely different room than the one the child was in? Notice the second part of the video shows the horse in a room with no dresser drawers or shelves near it, which can clearly be seen in the first part of the video, where the young boy is riding it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join