learn more

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by volafox

I am sorry I have a child, and I dont have to leave a camera going to know where my 3 year old is, there was never 3 min that my child was out of my sight, so they child running off and playing on the horse, well I dont buy it. If my 3 year old was out of my sight, I found them quickly and if they found them on the horse well then they knew it was the kid, you dont need to video tape it to catch a 3 year old like it was an impossible task. I am just tired of all this sometimes, forgive me.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
At 3:10 - 3:11 there is what sounds like the same voice - same timber, loudness and tonal quality and echo as the voice at 1:41 that says liar - or wire -
It sounds like both voice samples are in the other room with the television -
Not from inside the room with the rocking horse.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Two words "fishing line".

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Could you clarify something for me? I'm a very slow person

Youtube description:

"This is a video of me as a little kid (3 years old), on my rocking horse. And then my dad left the video camera on after I went to sleep to catch me sneaking onto the rocking horse... only to find it really wasnt me. Its a really old video we just recently got it converted to dvd so sorry for the horrible quality."

User rarewings reply to someone on youtube:

"R-Mary that is me you hear at 1:38 in the frontroom playing with my son. The horse was moved from the outside wall of the room to next to the door so I could try and catch my son riding his horse when he should have been sleeping."

Methosware in an earlier post:

"My dad says it was him in the next room playing with me lol im not sure if it was the tv or him or what kind of crazy game we were playing haha."

Were you sleeping or playing?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Soboro]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Judging by how the horse suddenly stops moving at one point I don't think it was being caused by floor movement. It looks like something physically stopped it. The voices can't even be considered possible evidence in my opinion due to all the sounds coming from outside the room. You simply can't prove anything with it. Sure, wires or strings could be used in a number of ways to make the horse move. Were they used, no way to prove or disprove that either. The thing that stood out most to me was also those sounds towards the end. It definitely sounds like the interference caused by a cellphone, but perhaps some other electronic device could have caused it. I don't recall ever hearing any other devices doing that though, at least back in the early nineties. I'd have to look into that a little more.

Now, ghosts and poltergeists are gererally considered to be two different things. Even though poltergeist is German for "noisy ghost" it's generally understood to be psychokinetic energy given off by a living person, most often a child. It was mentioned that the boy, on a couple of occassions, got angry and paranormal things happened afterward. Just a possibility.

Another possibility is that it's an attachment haunting. Something is linked to the object itself. It would be very interesting if the history could be learned of the horse. Sadly, perhaps a former child owner might have passed away.

Overall, as usual, the video can't prove or disprove a haunting. It sure is creepy and cool though!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow, take a look at all the fools falling for this! Give me some string and 30 seconds and I could replicate this 'ghostly phenomenon' with no problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Pretty interesting video you have there. Even the colors "brown" of the surroundings are creepy. Since the video is being filmed for quite a while before and after the movement, and there seems to not be any signs of tampering, it seems to be authentic. I am no vid expert, but it not only looks real, but creepy to boot.

Stealth

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hey guys. Do you really think a long time poster would risk their credibility on ats by posting a fake video? Some of you all are so quick to yell fake, when it's clear that some of you never even read the original post. Those of us who believe in ghosts or have had experiences know that these things do happen. Hell, I had a ghost move a dresser across the floor. If I had been able to get that on tape, no doubt would I be called a liar and a faker.

Thanks to the op for posting and sharing this with us.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This can so easily be faked, with the use of composting software, by using a green stick, rope, wire, lever, etc and keying the object out, and replacing what would be behind. or running a rig through the wall behind it.

There are a ton of ways that this could be done practically and/or digitally

The set up seems all to much to me though.. Why stick a camera, pointing right at the horse and record?? its dead center, and there is nothing else in the shot.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Empath
This can so easily be faked, with the use of composting software, by using a green stick, rope, wire, lever, etc and keying the object out, and replacing what would be behind. or running a rig through the wall behind it.

The set up seems all to much to me though.. Why stick a camera, pointing right at the horse and record?? its dead center, and there is nothing else in the shot.

The camera was set up to catch the boy sneaking in and playing with the horse.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dneudecker

lol.. Ok, it can still easily be faked.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dneudecker

lol.. Ok, it can still easily be faked.

Yes, you're right, it can easily be faked, but the video doesn't prove that it was just as it doesn't prove that it's paranormal. Unfortunately, I don't think that any video is ever going to prove a haunting. The best it can do is prove that we can't come up with an explanation for it. I think it really comes down to people personally experiencing something for themselves and investigating right there on the spot and possibly proving it to themselves but not to anyone who isn't there. Did that make sense? It's kind of hard to type coherently while listening to Alex Jones ranting through my headphones. LOL!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Nice video!

I can imagine the reaction when it was viewed for the first time.
And the child being justified for saying:
"-No mom, I am not riding the horsie at night! It's the other kid doing that!"
"-Yeah, right honey. Now you go to bed, and this time you stay in bed, mmkay?"

And for the weak-minded who claim this a hoax; don't you think that this would be a pretty lame thing to fake?
Geez, no wonder most of the "debunkers" in here are way below 1000pts. Get a life you people.

One last thing, hehe:

Originally posted by alienj
I am sorry I have a child (...)

Don't be sorry for having a child. It will eventually grow up and move out of your way. Until then, at least pretend you love it.

(You have to excuse me, I just had to write that.)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The only problems I have with this are:

1. I have never left a camera running and open before. I find it hard to believe anyone would. I suppose it is possible... but..

2. You not only leave it on, you leave it centered PERFECTLY on the object for the "ghost" scene. How very convenient.

Of course, you have to think this might happen on a very rare occasion. Someone might leave a camera on AND centered on a object that happens to be the object of paranormal activity.

This of course, could easily be faked.

And for what it's worth, I do believe in ghosts, or a phenomena that appears to be ghosts by those who see it. They may not be the dead spirits of people, but I thing they are something. But videos like these don't make me go OoO! and ahh.. it seems far too simple.

I've SEEN this sort of thing first hand, too. It's what made me firmly believe in this sort of thing. We lived in a "haunted" house. Bought dirt cheap, my parents thought they were getting a bargain. We moved out less than a year later, because of all the activity. But we didn't catch anything on tape as conveniently as this.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

For sure they are around - and they like kids - who could blame them? Adults are not so nice.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Star & Flagged!

Thats quite an interesting video and although I'm not saying it is fake for definite, I have a couple of questions;

1.) Has anyone else noticed that at 1:39-1:40 minutes of the video someone whispers something similiar to the word "water" under their breath?

2.) Why is the video still recording when its obvious from the background sounds that your nephew isn't in the room and is in fact still playing with his parents?

3.) You mentioned the rocking was "late at night" although I can't tell the time from the video your nephew is still awake so again why is it recording ?

4.) Wouldn't it just be easier to ask your nephew was he riding the rocking horse at night?

5.) Most parents in my oppinion would sneak upstairs to catch your nephew in the act of riding the rocking horse, give him a telling off and send him back to bed, it sounds very extreme and convient that they set a video camera up to catch him - but caught something else.

6.) Lastly, presumably that video was recorded on a non-night vision camera thus they would have to had left the light on in the rocking horse room, well wouldn't this draw your nephew to the room and out of bed?

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The only problems I have with this are:

1. I have never left a camera running and open before. I find it hard to believe anyone would. I suppose it is possible... but..

2. You not only leave it on, you leave it centered PERFECTLY on the object for the "ghost" scene. How very convenient.

It seems like a lot of people are just watching the video and not actually reading the OP. Please go back and read it and you'll have your explanation why the rocking horse was in the centre of the shot and why the video was left running.

As for the people who say this could be faked you're not saying anything original - any video can be faked these days.

When confronted with a video like this it's pretty normal for people to shout 'fake!' as the realisation that this could be real and the implications of what that might mean are incredibly psychologically shocking. It's much more comfortable to believe in some kind of elaborate hoax than to believe your entire world view could be wrong.

That said the video could be 100% genuine but that doesn't necessarily mean we are witnessing the actions of a spirit only of an as yet unidentified phenomonon.

If anyone has one of these rocking horses maybe they could experiment by stomping around it, blowing fans etc to see if it can be moved by prosaic means.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I know its already been mentioned, but the EM interference at the end is plain creepy... You got me thinking!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A normal human "Soul" contains approximately four billion, trillion electrons. These electrons have a life span of approximately ten billion, trillion of your earth years. They were created at the moment of creation. Your Soul contains them and, when you die some of them are 'recycled', nineteen percent rejoin the electrons of the Universe until required by Nature to form a new body or a new tree or animal, and the eighty one percent rejoin your Higher Self.

A Soul is not quite what you would call a pure spirit. On Earth, there is a belief that the Soul is made of nothing. This is false. The Soul is composed of billions of electrons, exactly marrying your physical shape. Each of these electrons has a memory. We'll say 100 'gigabytes' each. And each one those billions of electrons is capable of retaining as much information as is contained in every single book that fill all the shelves of an average town library.

Since your fellow earthlings like proof, let them consider this: there are people on Earth who are very sincere and who claim to have seen ghosts, and I don't refer to charlatans.

What they have seen is actually the nineteen percent of electrons that don't comprise the Astral body. These electrons detach themselves from the physical body three days after its death. Indeed, as a result of certain effects of static electricity, these electrons can be seen having the same form as the physical body. Sometimes, before being re-utilized by Nature, they are vacant, but they, too, have memories and return to haunt places they knew - places they loved or hated.

These electrons that comprise what you could call the Soul " - Thoari The Thiaoouba Prophecy.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Thiaoouba Prophecy]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It seems like a lot of people are just watching the video and not actually reading the OP. Please go back and read it and you'll have your explanation why the rocking horse was in the centre of the shot and why the video was left running.

We certainly are reading the accompanying posts, are you sure you have? The problem is it was stated that the camera was left on to catch the child riding when he should be sleeping at night. Now this sounds good at first but it's really the undoing of the video, here's why:

Light is left on
The word "wire" can be heard very clearly
The son is still awake and playing elsewhere (why is the camera on?)
Rocking horse has changed rooms and position from the first scene
Editing has been done

If the OP wishes to remain credible I suggest uploading the unedited video to ATS - from the time the camera is left on (someone touching it then leaving room, etc) until their return or the tape runs out. Failure to do so will leave us no option but to assume the authors are hiding something and faked the whole incident.

Sorry if that seems harsh but sometimes the truth is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join