It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg47
reply to post by Lookingup

To you and everybody else who may think that the rocking was caused by pulling on string or fishing line .
Nice theory , but not as simple as you think !
Before you could make those springs move with mere fishing line , you would actually pull the whole thing forward , so unless the stand was bolted to the floor , your theory won't work .

I guess some you don't realise just how strong the springs on these things are
edit on 31-7-2012 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

Thats what I mean about it looking set up differently at the back. It looks at the start (to me) like its sitting on its frame, away from the wall, but later on, it's pushed up against a wall.
Add: So you see, it would be easy to make it rock with wire going out those 2 doors there.
edit on 1/8/2012 by just_julie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

The second time we see the horse , it has been relocated , nothing more . It looks exactly the same as it does in the first shot , so I don't understand why you think it looks different ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

Because the frame is pressed up against a wall, not sitting away from the wall like in the first bit.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I can't say with 100% certainty that this wasn't faked, because anything can be faked, but, After watching this, all I can say is wOw. It doesn't appear that it is being manipulated by strings, or whatever, because it would take some force to get the horse to act that way because the springs are built to take tension and as another poster said, it would have to be fixed to the floor. We bought one for our daughter when she was little, so I know. This could be one of the best video's out there of actual paranormal activity. Definitely creepy.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
>>
It would be pretty hard to manipulate that rocking horse enough to stretch the springs using only thread...plus the fact that the whole "unit" itself stayed stationary.
>>

The unit stays as stationary in the same way as when the kid is riding the horse. Since the horse is suspended by springs, attaching a string or wire to the horse's head would not move the entire unit.

>>
This object reacted in the way it should..as if a solid person had climbed and started rocking back and forth.
>>

No it doesn't AT ALL. If a solid person would jump on the horse one could expect that it's being pushed down. I don't see any vertical movement or any indication for this.

When the kid is on the horse, you can also see the springs on the wall stretched quite a bit, almost horizontal (when the kid pushes forward) due to the added weight of the kid.

But when the "ghost" is rocking the horse, a look at the video shows the force applied is much weaker, its just enough to get the horse rocking a little and stretch the spring somewhat from this rocking motion. All you can see on this video is 100% consistent and looks exactly like it would look like if someone attaches a string/wire on the head and then does a pretty weak attempt in faking a "ghost". It's not even remotely convincing.

edit on 5-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
the springs are built to take tension and as another poster said, it would have to be fixed to the floor.

As I have mentioned, it is obviously pushed up against the wall when the 'ghost' is riding it, and not free standing on it's frame away from the wall when the little fella is riding it. Am I really the only person who sees this??

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

reply to post by tpg47

ok - as the " argument " that all of you make is a near identical claim regards forces - i make just one reply

UTTER TWADDLE !

the forces required to occilate the horses body are miniscule

the video shows this - play the vid from 0:05 ~0.15 seconds

the child is 3 years old - and appears to be of a normal build - so i will assume for purposes of calculation that his mass = 20kg [ upper limit for a healthy 3 year old ]

just by moving his torso - he causes the horse to oscillate - that is a very smal force < 350N , he is not mooving violently - just leaning backwards and forwards

the toy is a rocking horse - its designed to move in response to a child - the centre of gravity of the sprung mass [ the horse ] and the selection of springs is designed to facilitate movement in response to tiny forces

so fishing line can easily cause ossilation of the sprung mas - without moving the base

and without the mass of the child pretensioning the springs , fishing line will require less force to initiate movement than the child

thus your arguments are invalid

an unloaded rocking horse will resond to tiny forces [ generated by tugs on fishing lines ]

edit on 6-8-2012 by ignorant_ape because: removed superfluous line

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Your reply is also utter twaddle because you know nothing of the spring tension . You can conjure up any maths to back up your silly claim , but without actually testing the springs and their load tension your reply is based on an incomplete hypothesis .

Have a nice day

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Its normal to record your child doing things like this, but my question is, why is the video set up to record the rocking horse on its own?

Just read description...sorry!! :-P
edit on 12-8-2012 by youwillneverknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

you are totally ignorant of basic physics - but hey - thats your problem - not mine

to re-itterate , from observation [ the vid : first 10 seconds ] , a 3 year-old child can move both the sprung mass of the horse , AND his own mass just by rocking his torso - thats how low the forces required are

you do realise that less force is required to move the sprung mass of the horse , if the child is absent - dont you ?

PS - please note - that i usedd variables [ child mass etc ] that were the upper limit of normal ranges .

i dont need to test each spring on that horse - the observed evidence in the vid shows that the child can move the horse by rocking his torso - thus the force required to move the unsprung mass of the horse is very low - QED

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Video is really very impressive..I am merely admired by the frantic effects of riding horse.It is innovative.

horse adventure

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This video is a hoax.

I see a time stamp at very start of video.
then after the camera is switched off and sat in place I see no time stamps.

Now I am gathering that they have dug around, in their attic found this old VCR cam in 2009, watched what was last recorded on the tape. discovered that they(assuming it was the kid from 1992 that has posted here, pulling the wool over his aunties eyes) was riding a rocking horse on a tape also their was recording of the kid playing with his dad in the lounge room. realized they seen it in the attic. bought it down and placed it in the same room. setup up old video camera. realized that time stamp thing was going to be a problem. so they worked out they needed to turn it off.

now they have rigged up a remote device to trigger the horse to that rocking motion.

after they have enough of this footage all video tape is uploaded to computer.

1. They put the first bit up which is legit 1992 footage.
2 they put the audio from 1992 of this kid playing with his dad in lounge for the second bit.
2. they then put the 2009 footage in, of the horse rocking.
3. audio of 1992 footage is then filtered in audio program to make it appear its coming from the next room when in fact it was recorded in the same room video was shot in which most likely was lounge.
4. 1992 of kid playing with his dad in lounge audio is combined with 2009 audio and footage of rocking horse rocking.
5. completed video

2009 we had lots of mobile phones that would interfere with computer speakers.
So I am assuming a computer in this kids bedroom.

also there is no shelf that was in the first video.
I remember when I grew up oh my room changed things got rearranged or moved out of bedroom because I didn't them.
Plus I see patched up walls in the video. So guess angry teenager punched a few holes in wall.

I'm sorry but this screams fake and this possibly answers it.

edit on 27-2-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Finally, I can share this video with everyone. It dates back to 1992 but just became digital as far as I know. For years, this recording of an apparent ghost riding my nephew’s rocking horse was misplaced and in a not so digital format.

When my nephew was young, his grandmother found an old rocking horse at a garage sale in Colorado and sent it to him. Late at night, his mother and father would hear the rocking horse squeaking. In an attempt to “catch” their young son sneaking into the room and riding his rocking horse they set up a video camera. The camera captured something else at play as you will see.

I also find it interesting that my nephew asks his father, “Who’s that” when he is riding the horse before leaving the room. The “other” rocking horse rider begins about 2:14 into the video or so. This video has long been a topic of conversation around campfires when the ghost stories come out. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I think it’s amazing…..

[edit on 3-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

Throw Back Thursday bump to share as my Halloween treat for members who may not have been around in 2009! My how time flies on ATS. It makes me sad for the loss of a special member who participated in this oldie thread.

Happy Halloween ATS and hope you enjoy my family's ghost video captured in 1992. The action starts at about 2:14. What a great ride it has been here so far on ATS. Best forum on the net!

Now, let's eat some candy!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Amazing video.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghosts

Glad you enjoyed this ATS throw back. The "ghost" activity happens several times throughout, after the 2 minute mark. Happy Halloween one and all.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Great video, really enjoyed watching it and the past couple hours reading this entire thread.
I might have missed it, as I started to skim the last few pages, but was the better quality video ever found and posted? Have a great halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
While I can appreciate the need to debunk this as it does make the hair stand up on your neck - I have to tell you that to the very best of my knowledge it is real.

My sister (the mom of this little boy) is one of the most honest people I know and she will never forget seeing this tape for the first time after recording the ghost rider. My sister and her husband thought it was my nephew sneaking in to ride when they would hear the rocking horse squeaking late at night and were simply trying to catch him in the act. I have begged her for years to locate this tape and finally my nephew got hold of it again. I found out today he had put it up on the net and brought it to all of you.

There were other "sightings" in their home - one of a young boy who looked for lack of better descriptions - like an Amish youth in suspenders, dark pants and a white long sleeved shirt. The young boy walked down her staircase and she only saw his image briefly. She also had little balls the kids had bounce down the stairs when no one was around and things were sometimes moved from where she thought she had left them.

I know my sister - this is as real as it gets - and I would stand by her word any day. I hope you all enjoy watching this as much as I have enjoyed her getting "chills" every time she told us about it. Finally I understand....

I'm just glad to finally be able to contribute some content I find amazing to the many folks here at ATS whose information, photos and videos have so amazed me in the past.

Yep - to the best of my knowledge - it's the real deal.
Peace

So he "just happened" to place the camera on something, leave it on, and "just happened" to leave the rocking horse perfectly in the middle of the frame?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rigormortis

I will have to check back in with my former brother in law. Last I heard he had not yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
No no no lol but I can see why you would ask that. I will have to go back and check exact details. It's been a few years and a few brain cells.

Both my nephew and brother in law joined ATS to provide details in this thread after I posted this so it is here. They had recently gotten the brand new video camera (not a big deal now but very cool in the 90s) anyway my brother in law was testing how it would film for later as they were going to try and catch my nephew sneaking out of bed to play on it. They had heard it squeaking late at night many times and could never catch him out of bed. This was a test run during dinner to check quality, if it would keep running etc.

Hope rhat helps. He never expected to catch something during the test, just make sure the camera would work for later.

edit on 31-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join