It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
reply to post by 7even

I listened to the video 5 times and it sounded like the lady called someone a liar from inside the next room. It didn't sound as if it was in the same room as the rocking horse.
It was either liar or wire. I think it was wire. I'm also pretty sure that it's the dads voice from outside of the room.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

I was about to say this the minute I saw the film, but you got there way ahead of me. If you'll notice in the footage, the horse ALWAYS moves forward when it begins to move - it never leans back THEN forward. This suggests that if a fishing line is on, say, the handles by the horse's head, that it's being pulled and released (moving back on the momentum from the forward pull) from out of frame on the right side.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Can't believe the amout of people saying 'Why would the camera be perfectly setup on the rocking chair?'.. Do people not read and only watch the video straight away?!

But yeah, like the guy said above. It's a rocking chair, and every movement is very forward based, all the rocking chairs I've seen move basically equal distances forward or back, and in this video it spends most of it's time just dipping its head down.

Makes it look like someones got a wire on it's head, and it being tight is preventing it rocking back.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Okay, this definitly freaked me out quite a bit. Like, a lot. And I am so amazed at this video. It could be a multitude of reasons for this happening. As others have stated, it could very well be faked. I am inclinded to give you benifit of the doubt however.

Now, the most crazy thing, is the little boy asking "Who's That?" Sometimes the younger kids are more likely to be attuned to the spirits. Or it could just be the ghost was a kid who only felt comfy around other kids. All in all, thank you for posting this, really raises some questions on how we see things.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So fake. @ 1:38 somebody whispers the word wire FFS!!!!
Nice try but still a fail.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Flashbacks. Just shared the video with some new folks where I work. They were mouth open stunned like I was when I first viewed this video of my nephew's rocking horse. That little boy is a senior in college now.

Wish I could thank mckyle for all the assists in this thread long ago. You are missed. Rest in peace friend.

Peace and didn't feel right letting the above poster hold the last word.

Real.

edit on 24-2-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
At around 2:56 on the video there is the faint sound of a fishing line/wire/thread/string being "plucked."

I've listened countless times and it is not the same sound as the squeaking made by the horse when it gets moving enough.

Also, I was beaten to this:

Originally posted by Trappestine
...the horse ALWAYS moves forward when it begins to move - it never leans back THEN forward. This suggests that if a fishing line is on, say, the handles by the horse's head, that it's being pulled and released (moving back on the momentum from the forward pull) from out of frame on the right side.

edit on 26-2-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
At 2:12, when it starts rocking, something (string) is pulling down the horse forwards and then releasing - the motion is entirely consistent with someone simply pulling a string to bring it in motion.

Everything points to a primitive, utterly ridiculous hoax..and the replies in this thread make me want to bang my head on the keyboard upon the naivety and gullibility of people.

Like "Well, yes it could easily be faked by using a rope - but i give you the benefit of a doubt, so i think it's real".

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I hope your head is ok...those keyboards to the face can be rough. Knowing the people who captured this video and the backstory all I can say is they are not hoaxers so I disagree, but thanks for sharing. We are all entitled to our opinions so it's all good.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dunno if anyone said this yet, but the back end of the horse looks differently set up in the 'ghost riding' part.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Hi Julie, thanks for the input. Would you mind providing more details about what you mean by differently set up? I'm not following....

Thanks in advance.

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that it's at the wrong angle to be a wire?
Also, I had one of these as a kid. They weren't extremely hard to move, but hard enough that fishing line and such would lift on the carpet if you tried to use it to move the horse.
As for the "wire" noise, it sounds to me like someone in the next room joking like they're dying of thirst. To me it sounds like "water."
The only hole I find is that the room looks different. I could assume, were I looking to believe, that it was in the boy's room and was moved out into what looks like a hallway, while they went to play in the living room.
I dunno, but I choose to believe this. Whether or not everyone else does is not my problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Billie828

Hi Billie828, and thank you so much for your comments. Somewhere in this thread is the discussion that what he said was "liar" in a playful way. My nephew (young boy) said he ate all his dinner and wanted his jelly beans. Apparently he had hidden his food instead of eating it. A thread this long though I really don't expect that everyone who comments should have read every page so thanks for your words. This video I believe also captured some rare activity.

Peace.

ETA if I remember right it is the same room but moved to another wall out of the middle of the room when they were done playing. I always found it interesting that early in the video he points and asks who's that or what's that where no one is standing. I do believe maybe children can see things adults can't.
edit on 30-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

It would be pretty hard to manipulate that rocking horse enough to stretch the springs using only thread...plus the fact that the whole "unit" itself stayed stationary.

This object reacted in the way it should..as if a solid person had climbed and started rocking back and forth.

This is the best object manipulation video I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing.

If this is a hoax...kudos on that as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Not sure why somebody would set up cameras to try and catch their young kid sneaking around to ride their rocking horse. Wouldn't a little kid that young need to be watched constantly, in case they hurt themselves? Particularly on a rocking horse that old. Great video nonetheless. Probably a lot harder to fake things on older technology, I would think. Great post man.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sorry, but I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

I have myself seen things moving without explanation, I've heard sounds and seen apparitions too, but there are a couple of things about this that scream hoax...

1. Why is the camera left running in an empty room?
2. How probable is it that putting the camera down will result in a perfect framing of the horse?

The first aspect of this is the fact that someone left the camera running. This was 1992, before the development of SD cards, digital editing, long battery life. I don't know about you, but back then I wouldn't be leaving a camera to continue to record like that.

The positioning of the camera and the perfect framing of the horse is a massive red flag. Somehow we are expected to believe that the person just put the camera down, and it happened to be at the perfect angle from above, with the Horse perfectly centred in the middle of the shot?

Go and decide on a point to film, then try and just put your camera down on a higher position to capture that shot without anything placed there to support it.

There is planning in that shot, and a lot of it.

Cameras are not balanced when it comes to their weight, especially cameras back then which were big and bulky. This is on a stand, and it's pointing at the subject perfectly.

And how would I do it? In a carefully lit room with plenty of shadows and low quality video I would attach a fishing line to it, run it under the door and just sit outside and pull on it. It's not hard at all.

As I said, I believe in ghosts, I have had plenty of experiences myself. But this is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Hi...sorry, but I'm calling shenanigans on your reply since you clearly did not even read the opening post. Now I can understand not reading the whole thread, but if you can't bother to read the OP then it is very hard to have an informed discussion and ATS is worthy of a little more effort imho.

I'm happy to share this video with members, but please at least read page one . This is evidence of "something." On Exactly what it is I don't know enough to say. Does it prove beyond any doubt that paranormal exists...probably to much to expect from any one story, video or photo. I have only offered it up because I know the people who captured it and trust them.

If you will do your part and read a little I remain happy to talk about it. Thanks.

Peace

edit on 31-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaemonD14

Hi and thanks for your comments. One thing that might help is to remember that in 1992 having a personal video recorder was still a novel experience. People used them for everything when they first acquired one. It's funny people keep asking why they would video to capture this mystery noise maker...usually on ATS the point is Dude how come you didn't get video of (insert anamoly here.)

Thanks for the kind words. This thread has been a little mean spirited through the years so your cordiality is appreciated.
Peace
edit on 31-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: cell phone keyboard angst

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by DaemonD14

Hi and thanks for your comments. One thing that might help is to remember that in 1992 having a personal video recorder was still a novel experience. People used them for everything when they first acquired one. It's funny people keep asking why they would video to capture this mystery noise maker...usually on ATS the point is Dude how come you didn't get video of (insert anamoly here.)

Thanks for the kind words. This thread has been a little mean spirited through the years so your cordiality is appreciated.
Peace
edit on 31-7-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: cell phone keyboard angst

Very true. My dad was one of those who got on the camcorder kick when they first came out. His was huge like 16 inches long and weighed a ton. He glued all these pads to it to make it easier to carry around on his shoulder for so long. He took that thing everywhere. And he recorded hours and hours of footage. So much footage that we had to stop the "hey for family night lets watch my old camecorder recordings!" appeals from him every time the family was trying to do a family night. So it's totally possible to put up a camecorder stand and walk away to let it record a hour or so of a suspect rocking horse.
edit on 31-7-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

To you and everybody else who may think that the rocking was caused by pulling on string or fishing line .
Nice theory , but not as simple as you think !
Before you could make those springs move with mere fishing line , you would actually pull the whole thing forward , so unless the stand was bolted to the floor , your theory won't work .

I guess some you don't realise just how strong the springs on these things are
edit on 31-7-2012 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join