It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

By the way is there any news on the higher-quality video? Not rushing or anything, just curious.

I believe hes still waiting on the 8mm player from ebay to be delivered it will prolly be some time this or next week I would guess. Whoever suggested to check our ips that would be a great idea we live a bit of a distance apart so our ips will definitely be different, though the people saying its a hoax will say that we just changed our ips between posts lol. And I'm not distancing myself from anything and I am the little boy in the video..

Originally posted by MethosWare

Haha I'm the little boy in the video, Im not disturbed or troubled, and in fact I dont really believe in ghosts that much.

Very first sentence in very first post... I stated i dont really believe in ghosts that much. So i havent distanced myself anymore from my previous statement or the video as a whole either.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I mentioned in my earlier posts that I believed that this was nothing more than a hoax as well as pointing out a few things that contrbuted towards me coming to that conclusion. But I felt that without at least attempting to study the video in more detail that it could still be left open. So after going through the video whilst playing around with the brightness and contrast in an attempt to find anything irregular I came up with very little except from this:

To me it looks like a set of eyes, but I concede that it could be nothing. I am still not convinced this is anything other than a hoax. But I thought that any anomalies that could be found is worth reporting.

I should also point out that this frame is taken from a scene whilst the horse is in motion.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by msm1003]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's not real, because ghosts don't exist. PERIOD.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by phantomDX

By the way is there any news on the higher-quality video? Not rushing or anything, just curious.

First camera from Ebay DID NOT work. After reading everything on this thread I am really about to stop posting and working on this.

I don't care if the cleaned up video shows 100% proof that there was NO ONE moving the horse there will still be people that don't believe it.

As I have stated, I wouldn't have shared this with anyone (it is ours and not yours)
This was not posted to make money, fame, grab interest in a new web site

It was posted by DWW as a look and see, what do you think? Maybe start some open talking about this subject.

I was called to add some details that the OP didn't have so I have added what I could remember.

What have we gained? nothing beside being called lairs and hoaxers (is that a word?) and insults on my family.

These are things I can do without.

oh and just to add fuel.....

peace

[edit on 11-3-2009 by rarewings]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by msm1003

I not sure what your are pointing out (in the box? I dont see the eyes you speak of.) but the black thing on the left is the horse's tail. Its curls up and then back down with no seperation in the middle and the black thing on the right is the back left sping.

================================================

I dont know if this is real but I have lived in a house that had spirits in it. I used to be a very messy kid and would have things laying all over my floor (specifically papers from school) and in the middle of the night I would wake up and hear someone walking and crunching the paper. It was just me and my mom and she never came into my room. In fact, the night before I moved from that place I told the spirit to wake me at 7:00AM and at 6:30AM a few boxes that I had stacked were pushed over. Yes pushed. The bottom box had a 35 inch tv that weighed well over 100LBs and the two on top of that box on had papers and some crap I collected, both of these boxes together only wieghed about 5LBs. At 6:30AM I woke up to a loud sound and found that the box with my TV in it had been pushed over, it wasnt sitting the way I had placed it and the two boxes onto had been thrown roughly about 10ft to the other side of the room. I am so glad I dont live there anymore. Ghost are most difinetly real.

Sorry for the long story. Creepy video. S&F

*Edit: I am not saying this is real or a hoax.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To the member who suggested that I might have an axe to grind......as far as I know I've never met or ran across any of the people responsible for this vid. I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered even if I had.

I'm not by any means a bitter skeptic. I do hate the fact that even though you may believe in a certain aspect of the paranormal that just because you refuse to fall for everything or question something you are branded a disbeliever with an agenda. But what I hate more than that is the overwhelming amounts of garbage that choke out any real claims. And you should too. More damage is done by those who knowingly perpetrate a hoax than those who question it.

My remark about the nephew distancing himself from the tape was sarcasm. Thought that one was pretty obvious.

Someone came back that one of the sentences I took issue with came from the aunt and she didn't have all the facts. Wrong. That was a direct quote from the nephew.

What many of you have failed to notice is the glaring holes in the story and the "explanations" that make no sense. Why, when the mother admits the son has always had a ghost and you captured one on tape very early on, would you stop there? If the father who claims to have been doing a test run was so inclined to be that technical about it then once again why would he stop there? Also depending on who they are responding to, they claim indifference and have a "it's not that big a deal" attitude to those who question them yet to the believers they display enthusiasm and their memories are far less fuzzy.

If you can overlook everything I've pointed out for whatever reason you may have then by all means do so........but if you want to argue their point for them then you had better come up something more substantial than what I have read so far.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think I've read the entire thread and I've come to the conclusion that nobody has really proven anything yet. Why is it so messy with arguments of its realness (can't spell the other word) when the only thing we really can do is investigate and not debate wether it's real or not. About halfway into the thread I was thinking maybe someone with audioexperience/knowledge should look at this but apparently people have and they have not come up with a conclusion.

I didn't watch the video because I'm kind of afraid of these things but I made my sister watch it, and even though she found it amusing she couldn't figure out wether it was a hoax or not.

I would kill for some undeniable evidence.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomDX

What you see as glaring holes I see as being explainable by the fact that we have three separate people trying to explain a 17 year old story, only one of whom was an adult & present at the time.

Most of the people on this thread (not all) who have suggested it is a hoax seem to be falling into the logical trap of thinking if this is not a hoax then it must show a ghost. That is completely unfounded. Even it were proved beyond all question that the video was genuine and not an attempt at trickery this would prove absolutely nothing about the nature of the phenomenon that has been recorded.

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
It's not real, because ghosts don't exist. PERIOD.

Prove me wrong.

rocksarerocks post exemplifies the attitude of many here and is the epitome of closed-mindedness.

Many years ago people who reported stones falling from the sky were similarly derided. Everyone 'knew' that stones were found in the ground not the sky so it was clear that anyone who claimed otherwise was crazy or a liar.

It took a complete shift in people's world view but eventually people accepted that meteorites exist.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rarewings

It'd be a shame but I completely understand your frustration.

FYI there is an 'ignore' facility which you can use to filter out the more annoying users.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

You're right.....a 17yo story.......but you know......I think if I had captured what I know wasn't a hoax and that was a true to life ghost......well....I think I'd remember the details.

You sympathize with rarewings over her frustration with those who have used their brains to analyze the data and not just slobber all over it. Come on man. I'm new here and this board like any other is filled with real people. So to post a vid that claims to have caught a ghost on a site that deals with these issues and expect no one to question it is showing the same kind of disconnected behavior that screams attention getter.

You advise her to ignore some posters. Yes some people cross a line but only those who offer nothing but name calling and off topic rants deserve the ignore button but the worse of those offenders are usually removed by staff anyway. So to simply ignore a member because they say something you don't like when you were the one who brought up the subject is cowardly.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You sympathize with rarewings over her frustration with those who have used their brains to analyze the data and not just slobber all over it.

Small point. rarewings is the father. The fact you got this wrong suggests maybe you haven't 'analyzed the data' that deeply.

I don't think I'm 'slobbering' over anyone. I have made absolutely no claims as regards this video, merely pointed out that alternative innocent explanations could exist for any perceived discrepancies. I'm trying to be fair and judge the case on the facts. I too have used my brains to analyze the data as evidenced by my refutation of HolgerTheDane's claim that the audio was manipulated. As it stands there is no reason to judge the case either way. People who are insistent that this must be a hoax are mainly starting from a position of 'it can't be therefore it isn't' IMO.

Come on man. I'm new here and this board like any other is filled with real people. So to post a vid that claims to have caught a ghost on a site that deals with these issues and expect no one to question it is showing the same kind of disconnected behavior that screams attention getter.

You seem to be treating the three witnesses as all the same person. MethosWare has consistently stated he doesn't believe in ghosts and that he doesn't mind negative comments - clearly he is much more used to internet forums than his father. rarewings presumably was much more unprepared for the amount of negativity on the thread. I don't think they didn't expect anyone to question it but no one likes being made out to be a liar.

You advise her to ignore some posters. Yes some people cross a line but only those who offer nothing but name calling and off topic rants deserve the ignore button but the worse of those offenders are usually removed by staff anyway. So to simply ignore a member because they say something you don't like when you were the one who brought up the subject is
cowardly.

I'm simply trying to find a way for rarewings to remain on the thread without getting pissed off. Better he ignores some comments and stays on the thread than walks away and have the mob shouting 'Ah told you so!'. If he has better evidence I for one would like to see it, whatever it ultimately proves, wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rarewings

I understand your frustration. I do hope you can find a working player. Regardless of how a few on this site treat people who share evidence - I believe there are people here who would be helpful in preserving and analyzing everything that may have been captured in a full HD version of the recording.

You are able to make contact privately now with those best in a situation to aid in getting this done. I hope you get some relief there and find assistance in transferring the recording. Do you think a public library or other video/audio source would have the player you need? I have the old vcr player since a lot of the older kid's movies are in that format. I'm assuming though this may not work - vcr vs. vhs?? If it would work though I would be happy to let you have it for awhile.

I hope you stay or at least don't give up completely on finding the original. Thanks anyway for filling in so many pieces. You have been very helpful and your time and efforts are appreciated by many here.

Maybe it would help if a mod or someone would just confirm the three separate ips - I'm not sure what that shows but if it is beneficial to getting past the story and back on understanding what causes these types of phenomena then great.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

You are able to make contact privately now with those best in a situation to aid in getting this done. I hope you get some relief there and find assistance in transferring the recording. Do you think a public library or other video/audio source would have the player you need? I have the old vcr player since a lot of the older kid's movies are in that format. I'm assuming though this may not work - vcr vs. vhs?? If it would work though I would be happy to let you have it for awhile.

Maybe it would help if a mod or someone would just confirm the three separate ips - I'm not sure what that shows but if it is beneficial to getting past the story and back on understanding what causes these types of phenomena then great.

Peace

Vcr plays vhs tapes (think they are tapes?) but the videos are on 8mm tapes much smaller like the size of audio cassettes from what I can tell. I went into one of the audio labs on campus and they have a player built into the desk/computer of most of them though im not sure if they will play 8mm either but worth a try if we dont get anything else to work.

The different ips would confirm at the very least that we have been posting from different computers and prolly tell that we are in different cities also.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I doubt very seriously that confusing them with each other would influence my thoughts on the matter. Yes I mentioned the similarities in the writing style when I first replied but what you are now taking as me acting as if they are the same person is wrong and correct. I'm treating them as one in the sense that they are the ones who are responsible for the video. Maybe you know them as individuals from here but I do not. So I will continue to treat them as a one source group. That is not out of disrespect it's just prudent under the circumstances.

Your claim that he/she/they may run off before you see all the evidence because they are being called liars is silly at best. Once again you would have to know that in some form or the other some people were gonna question it hard. What it now seems like is that they might have suspected some disbelievers that would quickly be set aside as bitter skeptics but were not prepared for the intense scrutiny. That is not my fault. That is their lack of forethought.

I assure you there is no better copy than the one you have seen. The quality was on par for early 90's 8mm. There was no noticeable degradation due to being digitized. The only glitch was the distortion at the bottom of the vid which is common with tapes that have been (1. taped over many times (2. Been watched many times (3. and this is not likely, the distortion is caused by the tape needing to be blackburst first. 8mm is notorious for video dropouts and for having a bad shelf life. There are no 8mm to vhs adapters since 8mm runs diagonally. It is hard to find 8mm players outside of institutions or as old equipment used for archiving in the editing suites of production houses. You could buy a 8mm cam for around $100 dollars and dub it to vhs but digitizing it to dvd is the best option. But since they already have a digitized copy with as perfect as you are gonna get audio and video what's the sense?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to phantomDX

I think the point was to get the entire video so that some of the skeptics that dont like you cant see him completely walk out of the room. But one of the mods or someone my aunt is in contact with says that he can make the video a better quality also? Not sure if its true but worth a shot.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I assure you there is no better copy than the one you have seen.

A bold statement. I'm no video expect but wouldn't the video have been compressed to upload to youtube? I know from converting my own home videos that the raw files are huge (several gigabytes, admittedly with a modern camera) in size. Compression artefacts are abundant in the video in the form of heavy pixelation. Is that really what you imagine video was like in the 90s?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What I found interesting is that the rocking horse is active with people in the other room during the daytime. I am suprised that nobody in the other room heard the sqeaking rocking horse and came to investigate. Very intriguing video!!

[advert link removed]

[edit on 12-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I am a video expert and no it is not a bold statement. Anyone with the slightest amount of video knowledge could determine the quality of the video at a glance. Those with more advanced knowledge know the little intricacies that each format has within it's evolution over the years and from there it is a simple step to judge the quality.

Had there been any degradation of the video while being digitized you would notice it immediately. Compression in general isn't a negative process. There are many forms of compression. Some better than others some better for a certain type of format. The average modern computer has the power and space to digitize analog video at good to great quality depending on the quality of the source material. The compression rate for analog video can even reach almost a lossless level without a hard drive with 100gigs or more breaking a sweat.

I'm sure there are other video experts or novices around that will state the same.

Just to show my intentions were not to attack the family but to address all aspects. I am no longer focusing on that and will only comment on the video. My initial stance is the same but to keep beating that horse is counter productive for all.

To methosware I'd like to say that your last response to me was calm and civil and under the circumstances that is something I can respect.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
From what my brother-in-law has said, the dvd hard copy version he has, which is still the edited down for brevity version, is much clearer than what is apparently "compressed" on youtube. I have only seen the youtube version you are all seeing. The original recording has not been viewed all the way through since it was filmed - or possibly even ever except on the little screen so he is not really sure what all it may contain.

I am holding out hope that we can either get the current version uploaded in a less compressed format with the admins help (last I knew my brother-in-law was working towards this) and he is wanting to find the original among a collection of numerous tapes from this camera. In order to find the original - he needs a player to view them on and find which one it is.

Basically - I believe the quality will and can improve if Redwings hasn't gotten fed up here. You still checking in??????? Hope all is well.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomDX

How do you explain the obvious pixelisation on the video? Are you suggesting this is on the original?

Is there a higher quality version on youtube that I'm not aware of?

Anyone with the slightest amount of video knowledge could determine the quality of the video at a glance.

Please tell us the quality, in that case. I admit I can't tell what it is at a glance - clearly I don't have even the slightest amount of video knowledge

[edit on 13/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join