It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alupang

Ever ask your nephew what he saw?

Yes, during this thread I did or rather I think I said I wish he could remember what it was he saw or something like that.

I don't remember anything when I was three either except maybe random images. I also noted that he pointed when he asked - just like he pointed (same gesture) when his mom came to the door. I don't know if that means anything in three-year-old speak...it just seemed odd that he applied the same gesture to asking about a blank spot (to us) on the floor as he did when he acknowledged a person. It may mean nothing.

We are doing everything we can right now to get better video quality by locating the original. I know the folks at ATS will do their part to get the best quality posted once we have the right vhs tape identified and or help get the most out of a dvd converted from a very old recording that can be gotten.

Thanks all for continuing to provide input.

Nephew and Nephew's Dad - please check your emails - again. (I would call except I dropped my phone in a full cup of mountain dew today....you can guess the rest...I know...I have now completely blown all credibility on this thread - I have a new phone and no numbers....waves white flag.)

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Commander_Koenig
this thread has given me over an hours worth of enjoyment. very interesting.

IMO, dad & son are definately in another room, talking about sloppy joes & jelly beans. the word shouted is LIAR. the EVP laugh, though, i think is tv sound.

in that case, no one else is in the room with the rocking horse - dad is in another room with his son, sowhowould be pulling the wire???

i also don't see what dad would gain with this "hoax". if the footage had been given to the media back in 92, then maybe i'd be a bit suspicious, but the videotapes only just been converted.

i really can't see what the point of such a hoax would be.

i'm keeping an open mind.

We showed this video to some close friend after it happened. Sent a copy to my mom, got rid of the horse and went on with our lives. Nothing more happen in that house/room.

It just got converted last year (sisters chrismas present to me) because I didn't have ANY videos of my kids. (there are 4 DVD in all, this is ONLY one with any "ghost" on it)

No one would have would have ever seen this video if my son hadn't put it on youtube (still wonder about him sometimes :-))

So really you guys are seeing something I wouldn't have shared with the world. But it is out there and will help answer any question you have on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare
reply to msm1003

1. Yes and I assume that was due to some editing in the conversion of 8mm to vhs or vhs to dvd, but my dad is in the process of acquiring an 8mm player inorder to get more of the video.

2. Everyone can think it is what they want, but if I were going to pull a hoax then I obviously wouldnt say wire (especially from behind the camera) if im going to be messing with fishing wire/line to make the horse move (which is what a few people have said is a possibility). Also if someone said wire to someone else then that would imply there were at least 2 people in on it which would be grossly inefficient and I know for a fact there were only 3 of us living in the house and you see my dad leave the room and talk to my mom before she leaves to go on an errand XD.

3. I dont see the time thing being that big of a deal considering I was wary of this forum and she told me to come on a few occasions, but after that there were larger gaps.

4. Id have to agree.

Ok I think we have a a hiccup here. If Methos is the 3 year old child in the video... Why in point 2 of this post are you talking in first person as if you are the father. I mean obvioulsy the 3 yar old would not be setting up the hoax??

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

Originally posted by MethosWare
reply to msm1003

1. Yes and I assume that was due to some editing in the conversion of 8mm to vhs or vhs to dvd, but my dad is in the process of acquiring an 8mm player inorder to get more of the video.

2. Everyone can think it is what they want, but if I were going to pull a hoax then I obviously wouldnt say wire (especially from behind the camera) if im going to be messing with fishing wire/line to make the horse move (which is what a few people have said is a possibility). Also if someone said wire to someone else then that would imply there were at least 2 people in on it which would be grossly inefficient and I know for a fact there were only 3 of us living in the house and you see my dad leave the room and talk to my mom before she leaves to go on an errand XD.

3. I dont see the time thing being that big of a deal considering I was wary of this forum and she told me to come on a few occasions, but after that there were larger gaps.

4. Id have to agree.

Ok I think we have a a hiccup here. If Methos is the 3 year old child in the video... Why in point 2 of this post are you talking in first person as if you are the father. I mean obvioulsy the 3 yar old would not be setting up the hoax??

Its called talking hypothetically.... "if I" were going to do something such as make a hoax video. Im 19 now lol I think I'm allowed to imagine if I were going to do something.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

Nice try...

Enough time on this thread for me..have fun.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Consider this video successfully DEBUNKED:

Here is my hypothesis - The original video was filmed in 1992, yes, and probably was one of the posters as a baby. I believe the poster grew up, found an old video of himself, dug up the old rocking horse out of his parents garage or basement (because we know Americans can't throw magazines away, let alone things their kids played on), and decided it would be a fun way to spook out ATS folks and gain some attention.

#1 - There is almost certainly a shadow of a person on the wall to the right of the horse and when it starts moving, the shadow appears to as well.

#2 - After reading posts about the "wire" whisper, I went back and watched it again, and sure enough you hear someone in the same room (no doubt) whisper "wire!" as if they are telling their partner-in-crime to get ready. I refreshed the page and watched it 10 seconds later, and the incriminating whisper had been replaced with a silly "wire!" yell from the other room, conveniently matching the "it was my dad in the other room story". DUH folks!

#3 - I apologize if someone in pages 3 - 19 said this, but if not I can't believe I'm the only one. A different camera was used for scene 1 and scene 2. EVEN with the bad digitization of this, the second image is better, and MOST IMPORTANTLY there is no timestamp in the lower right corner of scene 1. There is no logical explanation as to why the dad would go to the trouble of turning the time stamp off. He didnt.

Beyond that, no weight is placed on the springs before it starts moving which is physical proof that it is simply being pulled with "wire" rather than being rocked.

Nice try kids.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dharding22

And to correct myself, the timestamp is missing from scene 2 not scene 1.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Creepy if true. I hope that wasn't an adult ghost riding that; that brings up series post-death maturity issues.

Creepy and well done if fake.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariLexx
FAKE, 4 wires tied respectively to each corner of the Horse and pulled from the basement floor below. Then retied to a simple handle - one for the front and one for the back. Pull the one and then the other and keeping pressure on the wires would allow for the movement. This would also exlpain the "weight" on the horse problem. As for the idea as what would be gained? - a strange perversion that ALL HOAXers enjoy --- FAME!
Sad but true.

I think there should be some form of "idiot" button that can be used when you get posts such the above that are obnoxious, thoughtless, and a waste of time in replying to.

Forgive me if that sounds harsh, but really, there is so much energy, enthusiasm, and goodwill by the vast majority of contributors, and rants such as the above, just sap all the positive energy out of a thread.

I would have taken the time to gently remind this poster that had he bothered to read the entire thread, he would have realised (hopefully), that the points he raised have already been addressed and effectively rebutted multiple times on this very thread.

But I won't, because I am sure that bitter individuals such as the poster in question, will never appreciate any assistance or goodwill offered. In fact, the extension of courtesy and kindness to this individual would probably ruin his day.

So sorry champ, no soup for you.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dharding22
Consider this video successfully DEBUNKED:

Congratulations. Sorry about the weight of evidence making your claim spurious to say the least.

Beyond that, no weight is placed on the springs before it starts moving which is physical proof that it is simply being pulled with "wire" rather than being rocked.

Sorry, I'm not up on the weight table for paranormal entities like you are. How much exactly does a ghost weigh?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The first question that springs to my mind is this. You say "Late at night, his mother and father would hear the rocking horse squeaking." However, the rocking horse starts to move just a couple of minutes after you leave the room. Has the video been edited or does this all happen within a 4 minute timeframe?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
reply to post by MethosWare

Nice try...

Enough time on this thread for me..have fun.

You've left me quite flabbergasted by your response to a perfectly logical explanation based on a non-issue query by you. The MethosWare was talking in third person! Its so blatantly obvious to everyone here, that again, I have to say, your logic is quite perverse!!!

Seriously, you must rub people up the wrong way all the time!

*shakes head in disbelief*

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
The first question that springs to my mind is this. You say "Late at night, his mother and father would hear the rocking horse squeaking." However, the rocking horse starts to move just a couple of minutes after you leave the room. Has the video been edited or does this all happen within a 4 minute timeframe?

Yes, the vid was edited for the sake of brevity. Basically, the description was written by the boy in the video. Being three at the time, his recollection was not as accurate as his Dad (who set the video up). This has led to some confusion - at least initially.

However, if you read through the entire thread, I am sure you will be satisfied with the explanations put forward by both MethosWare (son - boy in vid), and rarewings (Dad doing the filming).

Basically, it was just a case of secondhand knowledge being a little hazy about some of the events. Nothing sinister or untoward.

Hope this clears it up a little

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

#2 - After reading posts about the "wire" whisper, I went back and watched it again, and sure enough you hear someone in the same room (no doubt) whisper "wire!" as if they are telling their partner-in-crime to get ready. I refreshed the page and watched it 10 seconds later, and the incriminating whisper had been replaced with a silly "wire!" yell from the other room, conveniently matching the "it was my dad in the other room story". DUH folks!

1. So, AFTER reading the posts about the "wire" whisper, you went back and listened again and suddenly you heard the same thing as described in the posts you just read? Interesting. I wonder if there is a connection? Nah...

2. I'm not sure how you think you can determine the location of the sound source "with no doubt".

3. Are you saying it's more likely that in the 10 seconds between refreshing the page, that someone replaced the original audio, or that you simply heard it differently? If I were betting, I would put my money on the latter.

Originally posted by 7even

2. When an explanation of the word "wire" is put forward and not merely past off as the father yelling "liar" or the it came from the television. I'll repeat AGAIN, out of approx 3 - 4 mins of recording just ONE word is audible...? How "loud" was the father yelling...? Seriously...

I already addressed this issue in further depth here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was hoping my explanation (and others) would help put this particular issue to rest, but since it still seems to be a point of contention I will add that I have a degree in Audio Engineering, have worked as an audio editor for a radio station and have experience in commercial recording studios, among other things. And, in the opinion of my trained ears, there is an infinitesimally small amount of doubt that this noise is anything other than someone yelling from another room.

Also, I would like to point out that the sense of hearing is very susceptible to suggestion, and that when you listen to something repeatedly you WILL start to interpret what you are hearing differently. In almost all cases, your FIRST IMPRESSION is the correct one when analyzing audio. Even mixing engineers with highly trained ears and decades of experience will start to make mistakes after only a few hours of mixing audio.

But hey, believe what you want.

Check out these audio illusions to see how much you really trust your ears.
www.moillusions.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Easily faked and made to look like it was made in 1992 before home videos could use CGI. But most likely a fishing rod.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The only problems I have with this are:

1. I have never left a camera running and open before. I find it hard to believe anyone would. I suppose it is possible... but..

2. You not only leave it on, you leave it centered PERFECTLY on the object for the "ghost" scene. How very convenient.

Of course, you have to think this might happen on a very rare occasion. Someone might leave a camera on AND centered on a object that happens to be the object of paranormal activity.
ause of all the activity. But we didn't catch anything on tape as conveniently as this.

Your only problem is that you don't read what is posted before coming out with your brilliant insights.

I wish you and your premature cohort would digest what is set before you before coming out with uninformed responses. Is that too much to ask???

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
The problem is it was stated that the camera was left on to catch the child riding when he should be sleeping at night. Now this sounds good at first but it's really the undoing of the video, here's why:

Light is left on

Oh mate, you are Sherlock Holmes aren't you? Perhaps they should have used their night-vision-equipped camera from 1992 to quash your objection?

How do you suggest that the scene be illuminated in order to satisfy their requirements? Please describe how this should be done?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teebs

Stellar work Teebs

I've actually found that with some posters, putting forward a coherent, logical explanation, is a waste of good brain cells

But I'm sure that for most readers, your insight into sound dynamics has been invaluable.

I've really enjoyed reading your posts

Originally posted by MR1159

You've put forward some impressive scholarly arguments as well

Go easy on Goathief, I think you'll find that was an early post from him, and he has actually provided some excellent information and audio samples. (check page 9)
Also, as the evidence became increasingly supported by some very sound explanations from the family, Goathief became more convinced about the validity of the video and the good people who introduced us to it

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
Easily faked and made to look like it was made in 1992 before home videos could use CGI. But most likely a fishing rod.

A fishing rod! Good for you.

It's apparent by your two line post that you've put a great deal of thought into this.

I can hardly wait to read your next razor-sharp critique.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK

Like someone else said you arent the sharpest tool in the shed. That sounds like a lot of work for nothing but criticism, and I hope someone who can use CGI would at least make it better than this lol. Anyways when my dad gets the old videos converted and turned high def we will post em

[edit on 7-3-2009 by MethosWare]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join