It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
this thread has given me over an hours worth of enjoyment. very interesting.

IMO, dad & son are definately in another room, talking about sloppy joes & jelly beans. the word shouted is LIAR. the EVP laugh, though, i think is tv sound.

in that case, no one else is in the room with the rocking horse - dad is in another room with his son, sowhowould be pulling the wire???

i also don't see what dad would gain with this "hoax". if the footage had been given to the media back in 92, then maybe i'd be a bit suspicious, but the videotapes only just been converted.

i really can't see what the point of such a hoax would be.

i'm keeping an open mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry but I'm not buying this story at all.

Yuo claim that the camera was set up in order to catch the boy riding the horse late at night, yet father and son can clearly be heard playing in another room, so why would you set up a camera to catch the boy riding the horse when the boy was known to be playing with his dad at the time?

You were too elaborate with your opening story and I think I smell rats.

Sorry if that seems rude, but you would only set up a camera to catch the boy if it was late at night and the boy was supposed to be sleeping.

Basically, the circumstances of the video do not tie in with your opening description and this is whats leading me to question your honesty.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Very convincing hoax. Why would you throw away a haunted horse, assuming that is what it is?

Your special effects are good, however you would think after looking at the video , if it is real, that you would attempt to gather some more evidence, instead of one easily faked video. You just happened to forget about it for how long?

Look I know people want to believe in something. It could mean that there is something after death, but to go through all this to prove in the existence of ghosts. Come on!

I have to invoke the razor.....The simpilist answer is usually the right one.

After taping such proof your telling us that no further evidence was collected, that you threw away the object in question, and that you kept it on the back burner for how long??????

Prehaps the horse contaied some kind of remote control, or a hole drilled in the floor, or, yes even a piece of fishing wire...These things exist, ghosts that ride horseys do not.... I don't mean to rain on your "supernatural" parade, but there are too many holes in this one.

Nice try, but if ghosts did exist, and they were that easy to film, don't you think that with all of the millions of people looking for them there would be conclusive proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Commander_Koenig
this thread has given me over an hours worth of enjoyment. very interesting.

IMO, dad & son are definately in another room, talking about sloppy joes & jelly beans. the word shouted is LIAR. the EVP laugh, though, i think is tv sound.

in that case, no one else is in the room with the rocking horse - dad is in another room with his son, sowhowould be pulling the wire???

i also don't see what dad would gain with this "hoax". if the footage had been given to the media back in 92, then maybe i'd be a bit suspicious, but the videotapes only just been converted.

i really can't see what the point of such a hoax would be.

i'm keeping an open mind.

Hi Commander_Koenig

Nice to see some clarity in a post

As I said earlier on, motive is an important proof in any argument: I think most would agree that holding off posting this vid for 17 years would dispel any suspicion of desire for self-benefit.

Good post

[Edit thanks to msm1003
]

[edit on 6-3-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blayde

Yuo claim that the camera was set up in order to catch the boy riding the horse late at night, yet father and son can clearly be heard playing in another room, so why would you set up a camera to catch the boy riding the horse when the boy was known to be playing with his dad at the time?

it's been stated already that it was a TEST RUN of the equipment

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Basically, the circumstances of the video do not tie in with your opening description and this is whats leading me to question your honesty.

Perhaps they would have if you had bothered to read the entire thread.

All your arguments have been addressed much earlier in the thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wormwood13

Prehaps the horse contaied some kind of remote control, or a hole drilled in the floor, or, yes even a piece of fishing wire...These things exist, ghosts that ride horseys do not.... I don't mean to rain on your "supernatural" parade, but there are too many holes in this one.

Brilliant piece of logic there. I can't think how I missed that one. Ghosts don't exist so this can't be a video of a ghost. It's all so clear to me now.

Shall we extend this to other subjects on ATS?

UFOS & Aliens don't exist so therefore any sightings must be misidentifications.

The New World Order doesn't exist so any evidence of same is just coincidence.

Conspiracies don't happen so anyone who claims they do is a nutcase.

Hear that ATS? You can shut down the site now - we're all just fooling ourselves. None of it exists so any evidence must be fake.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wormwood13
Very convincing hoax. Why would you throw away a haunted horse, assuming that is what it is?

Bang straight off. You haven't bothered to read the thread! How do I know?, because the people involved in posting this thread said nothing about the horse being haunted. As a matter of fact, the opposite was said several times throughout the thread that you didn't read.

Some friendly advice: if you're going to be pompous, make sure you've got your facts straight, otherwise people might think you look a little silly.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think in fairness I should give my view from the other side of the coin as it where.

It is also quite possible that some of the misinformation that is being talked about by the family members is nothing more than memories beginning to fade. Considering that the video is seventeen years old. It isn't exactly the easiest thing to remember back that long ago and as such some of the information might be estimations on what they were doing that night.

If we analysed just the video without the written commentary then there is only some small details that hinder the authenticity. Those being the locality of the Rocking Horse (as it seems to have moved from where the child is first playing with it) and the lack of video to confirm that the room is in fact empty. Of course the theory of a wire is very hard to dispute. But then most good theories usually are.

Just thought I should explain that I am not just trying to play devil’s advocate here.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I am amazed by this. And funny (lol) how a lot of people would want to debunk certain things, they either cannot explain, or just wish to find some other substantial reasoning for such.

I, on the other hand, must point out that just prior to the rocking, there
was weight applied to the horse. Then rocking commenced. No strings or rope could apply pressure like that. The kind of pressure that would occur when one sits on it. And then the weight did not change for a little while.

Furthermore, ghosts, spirits, or other interdimensional beings seemed to be drawn more to children, rather than an adult, as children are more open minded, and innocent. Their mind state is more open to anything. Their innocence has not been blocked or robbed to the point the veil is put over their eyes yet. As society would have it.

Thanks for sharing the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Seeing as my posts don't seem to create enough "arousal" how's about this...

I'll even remotely consider believing when...

1. An unedited version is posted, specifically showing the father pressing record and leaving the room.

2. When an explanation of the word "wire" is put forward and not merely past off as the father yelling "liar" or the it came from the television. I'll repeat AGAIN, out of approx 3 - 4 mins of recording just ONE word is audible...? How "loud" was the father yelling...? Seriously...

Originally posted by imitator
The word "WIRE" was whispered... not yelled, whoever video taped this wasn't aware of how well a camera microphone can pick up noises.

3. As has been numerously discussed, in regards to why the recording was done etc, I find it "lucky" to say the least that the "ghost" is willing to play nice and begin playing with the horse about 1 minute after the camera begins recording, I never thought ghosts were such thespians

4. No offence to the OP and family, but I will not pay the "respect at ATS" game and simply concede that nor the OP or her family are capable of constructing a hoax simply because of past contribution.

I have been an avid reader on ATS for a while and one thing that springs to mind when any video evidence is presented be it paranormal, UFO sightings etc, 9 / 10 if the video is from YouTube most posters at ATS are all quick to dismiss it's authenticity, funny how this particular video from YouTube hasn't received much if any criticism for this, other than a poster questioning why was it converted with an online converter which left a water mark, later explained by MethosWave as:

Originally posted by MethosWare
lol i converted it with an unregistered video converter cause im cheap =).

Furthermore, bad lighting and film quality can quite easily mask anything. Add a fairly plausible piece of fiction backed up by relatives and you have yourself one great piece of novelty film...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by msm1003

It is also quite possible that some of the misinformation that is being talked about by the family members is nothing more than memories beginning to fade.

i thought the exact same thing. even on an eventful night in 1992, i'd have difficulty recalling exact details.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Another thing that troubles me about the whole explantion for this:

Many people (including me) have asked why would you set the camera up while the boy was still awake.

The explanation given for this seems to be that the camera was set up just before the boys bedtime.

YET...

posts from the OP and the boy himself have discussed what was going on in the other room (i.e, conversations about food, i.e, "you dont get the beans if you dont finish t". (or something to that effect)

So what was it? Bedtime? Or Supper time?

EDIT: Oh I see, the explanation now being given is that it was a test run of the equipment. Bit of a coincidence how this fact comes out many posts later......should important info like that not be included in the opening post? That this "test run" explantion has come out many pages into the thread just tells me that its a huge excersize in backtracking. I wont be wasting any more time on this thread, since every question asked so far seems to get convieniently explained, but is never stated in the opening post. That to me smells of "lets see what questions they ask first, and we'll think of some way to explain it later".

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Blayde]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Looks and reads like a straight up hoax to me,this video isnt conclusive of anything other than a rocking rocking horse..many ways to achieve this and the story doesn't add up and feels sketchy.
from me.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 7even

Your first mistake in in the assumption that they care if you believe them
They are putting this out there for those that are interested.
I am willing to bet they really don't care whether or not you sit there not able to accept it because the concept frightens you.
I can tell you from the standpoint of someone who has had experiences.. its not about what you believe its about sharing with those who are interested in knowing.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I wont be wasting any more time on this thread, since every question asked so far seems to get convieniently explained, but is never stated in the opening post. That to me smells of "lets see what questions they ask first, and we'll think of some way to explain it later".

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Blayde]

Presumably the case would have more credibility for you if the posters offered no answers to questions asked?

The reason the original posts may have been sketchy was because neither the OP or her nephew were the ones who took the film. Indeed the nephew was three at the time so could hardly be expected to have a ready explanation for every question.

It was only later when rarewings - the person who shot the film - posted that some of these questions could be cleared up.

It's healthy to be skeptical but it seems as though nothing posted on this thread would ever convince you. If the OP had provided a long and detailed account answering any conceivable query that would have been highly suspicious as it would have suggested a long period of planning before creating the thread.

As it is we have what seems like a very reasonable scenario - Aunt posts a video that she has just received showing some spooky family history that she only heard about up until now. She is so excited that she posts it straight away even if she does not know all the little details of the filming because she knows it is something special that will also excite her friends on ATS.

Later she asks her nephew to join the thread as he may be able to answer some questions that she reasonably could not be expected to know.

Eventually, the nephew asks his Dad to post being the prime witness at the centre of the case and who clears up much of the speculation about the film.

I've yet to see any hint of artifice coming from these three posters and see no reason to doubt their story. Those who are doubting have taken the position 'it can't be real, therefore it is a fake'.

The fact that OP and her family have been able to answer qustions and clear up misunderstandings is surely a good thing but as your mind is made up you see any and all actions on the part of these posters as confirmation of your theory.

Unfortunately it seems they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, my final conclusion after a couple of days of this video is the same as my original post way back.

I think it is an authentic video, from 1992, of some unexplained event.

I read all the posts, watched the tape about 30 times, and listened to all the audio. I combined what I saw with what I heard and with what I read from various family members regarding this.

I believe it to be authentic based on those things plus the fact that no one really has anything to gain by hoaxing this.

I figure, worst case scenario if it WERE to be a hoax, its not really a huge deal to me personally. 'Hey, you got me!' if so.

All in all though, I think the combined facts as we know them point to 'unexplained'.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by 7even

Your first mistake in in the assumption that they care if you believe them

Assumption..? Maybe, well if other opinions are of no concern, then why post the video in the first place?

They are putting this out there for those that are interested.

Exactly, upon reading this thread I felt compelled to post my opinions, warranted or not. Why? As I have stated previously it is a great video, 17+ pages are proof of it's wonder. I too hope in future any Threads I start have as much discussion as this, wouldn't that imply a greater level of authenticity as it has been so hotly debated?

I am willing to bet they really don't care whether or not you sit there not able to accept it because the concept frightens you.

Would you believe I too have "experienced" something along the lines of this kind of phenomena...? Maybe on a subconscious level I am already a believer, yet consciously due to fear of the unknown the little voice in me is trying to grip hold of "reality" (what ever that may be) and not let it go...?

I can tell you from the standpoint of someone who has had experiences.. its not about what you believe its about sharing with those who are interested in knowing.

That's what brought me to ATS in the first place, isn't that what brings us all here...? A place we can share our experiences and have some of the most inquisitive and thought provoking conversations anywhere on the world wide web without having any "your delusional" or "what are you smoking" stigmas usually brought upon by weak minded and shallow individuals?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I didn't get a good feeling when the horse started rocking.

And, your nephew didn't ask "Who's that?", he asked "What's That?", and his father answered: "I don't know, what is it?", so he didn't see it, but your nephew did. Whatever it looked like, it didn't seem to cause alarm to the child.

Ever ask your nephew what he saw?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
FAKE, 4 wires tied respectively to each corner of the Horse and pulled from the basement floor below. Then retied to a simple handle - one for the front and one for the back. Pull the one and then the other and keeping pressure on the wires would allow for the movement. This would also exlpain the "weight" on the horse problem. As for the idea as what would be gained? - a strange perversion that ALL HOAXers enjoy --- FAME!
Sad but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join