It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
looks like the nose of the horse is being pulled forward by a string and then released. Then when it comes forward again the string is pulled to keep the swinging going.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Rather than setting up a video camera did the thought ever cross their mind to get up and see if it was him on the horse?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UScitizen
Rather than setting up a video camera did the thought ever cross their mind to get up and see if it was him on the horse?

If you had bothered to read the thread, you would know that they had done so on numerous occasions.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
I actually think just one wire is attached to the front of the horse. If you watch the very first movements..the horse is strained forward then released to give the momentum for the rocking action. It does not need anybody either end because the springs take over. My child had one of these and it would continue the rocking action once dismounted.

Where's the wire? Please show us?

I could just as easily say that a UFO was parked outside the window and using it's tractor beam to pull the horse's nose.

But I won't. Because I have no evidence to support my claim - other than my skewed bias.

What I can do is try to synthesise all the evidence: video; witness testimony; character assessment; and finally motive, and try to come up with a final assesment based on the above information, and not on bias.

This is not easy to do, as we all come to the party for different reasons and expectations.

But at the end of the day, these are the things that need to be discarded if we hope to be as objective as possible.

Not easy as I already stated. But this is what makes the difference between a creditbale analysis and one full of holes.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapper
Ever see this footage?

www.thesun.co.uk...

Yeah, that's a very interesting bit of footage. I think it's up there with the Rocking Horse Vid definitely.

I'm not sure whether its been analysed here on ATS as yet.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

I actually think just one wire is attached to the front of the horse. If you watch the very first movements..the horse is strained forward then released to give the momentum for the rocking action. It does not need anybody either end because the springs take over. My child had one of these and it would continue the rocking action once dismounted.

Where's the wire? Please show us?

I could just as easily say that a UFO was parked outside the window and using it's tractor beam to pull the horse's nose.

But I won't. Because I have no evidence to support my claim - other than my skewed bias.

What I can do is try to synthesise all the evidence: video; witness testimony; character assessment; and finally motive, and try to come up with a final assesment based on the above information, and not on bias.

This is not easy to do, as we all come to the party for different reasons and expectations.

But at the end of the day, these are the things that need to be discarded if we hope to be as objective as possible.

Not easy as I already stated. But this is what makes the difference between a creditbale analysis and one full of holes.

I could just as easily say to you..."show me there isnt a wire?". I actually believe that spirits exist so I have no bias one way or the other. I just dont find this video "proof" in the least as there are a few things that dont add up for me.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mapper

that looks more like a shadow person than a ghost.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Willbert
I'm calling hoax.

The horse is placed in a room and a "wire" running from the horses head down to the feet and out the door.

Every time the horse moves, it starts by leaning forward first.

OK. Hoax? I'm happy for you.
Just one thing: show me the wire that you stated was present.

Show me that's the same room as the one with the child on it. It's not the same room. And I understand if you wish to make this your personal crusade so you can have something to grasp to confirm YOUR belief.

When I say "wire" I'm referring to fishing line.. which can be very transparent and very difficult to next to impossible to see in a video. Besides.. the focus seems to be a tad off too.. so showing anything that small would have been "blurred" out. Explain to me why the horse, when starting to move, always starts by leaning forward, as though something was pulling down on the horses head?

The horse may be made of plastic as someone suggested.. but whose to say it was not fastened or weighted down.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Show me that's the same room as the one with the child on it. It's not the same room. And I understand if you wish to make this your personal crusade so you can have something to grasp to confirm YOUR belief.

Here you go.....Page 7 near the bottom...my nephew and I both showed you....

In general, it demeans all the posters in a thread when posters won't take the time to read first and comment second. It also gives the casual reader who reads the end of a thread misinformation by implying that your question is at this point in the discussion legitimate...and has been overlooked. Your question was addressed and with pictures. It happens though so no biggie.....there is a lot of information shared in this thread. I simply urge everyone to read...there are many insightful comments buried in the pages of threads if you take the time.

Here's a question back to you and the many helpful posters that have read the thread and continue to read....(on edit: and even those who haven't read this thread can offer advice here.)

If you had this video....what are the proper ways (i.e. technology review, etc.) to have it authenticated and the most credible course you would take to share it as further evidence of the paranormal if you knew, as I do to the best of my knowledge, that it wasn't a hoax?

Is it proof? What constitutes proof? Can anything be absolute proof or only our interpretation at the time based on our present knowledge?

Peace.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

[edit on 6-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Why would it rock harder on each movement if this was the case? The momentum would gradually decrease whereas in this one it increases (the waveform in the audio also backs this up) then stops suddenly.

I think the problem with this video is that at first glance it's very clichéd and seems simple enough to call fake, but once you start analysing everything in more detail from the witnesses to the video itself it becomes harder and harder to refute.

Thank-you for sharing.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

There are no witnesses ..only relatives who have been told about the story. On another site the situation was explained totally different to what is being said on here e.g. "My dad left the video on while I was asleep" when we can hear the child is not even in the room. Therefore I have to question how this story is being related. The room has been described as a playroom and not a bedroom. So why would the child be riding it in the playroom when he was supposedly asleep in his bedroom. IMHO there are a few things that dont add up in this story. It does not mean I am right as its just an opinion but that is how I see it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Goathief

There are no witnesses ..only relatives who have been told about the story. On another site the situation was explained totally different to what is being said on here e.g. "My dad left the video on while I was asleep" when we can hear the child is not even in the room. Therefore I have to question how this story is being related. The room has been described as a playroom and not a bedroom. So why would the child be riding it in the playroom when he was supposedly asleep in his bedroom. IMHO there are a few things that dont add up in this story. It does not mean I am right as its just an opinion but that is how I see it.

Yea I was three I cant remember everything lol but I have updated the description on youtube. Bedroom playroom I dont remember either but does it matter what room its in lol. And actually rarewings is my dad/ the camera man so he is kinda a "witness" tho he didnt directly see it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I could just as easily say to you..."show me there isnt a wire?".

Sorry, but that's perverted logic. I've claimed nothing about the existence or non-existence of the wire. Why? because there is NO WIRE visible in the video.

And I understand if you wish to make this your personal crusade so you can have something to grasp to confirm YOUR belief.

And what belief is that exactly?
A belief in looking at all the evidence, and not just focusing on one non-issue? Obviously you have not only failed to fully read the thread, but you haven't read my posts also.

If I come out and make an authoritative claim such as "The horse is placed in a room and a "wire" running from the horses head down to the feet and out the door.", then I have to be prepared to back it up. If I don't have the evidence, then I shouldn't make such a bold claim in the first place.

Explain to me why the horse, when starting to move, always starts by leaning forward, as though something was pulling down on the horses head?

When I was a kid, I had a rocking horse (wish I still had it). Sometimes, I'd ride it, other times I'd just stand next to it and push it. Sometimes I'd pull it.

You're trying to make an issue of something that is a non-issue. My guess is you had a rocking horse-deprived childhood ;-)

The horse may be made of plastic as someone suggested.. but whose to say it was not fastened or weighted down.

Meaning? Meaning that you're attempting to introduce factors into an argument that didn't exist to give weight to your stance. Classic straw argument.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Just because the wire is not seen in a very old video with poor lighting and bad focus does not mean it does not exist...just ask any magician to recreate this and it would be easy. Therefore what I am suggesting is not beyond the realms of truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
I think the problem with this video is that at first glance it's very clichéd and seems simple enough to call fake, but once you start analysing everything in more detail from the witnesses to the video itself it becomes harder and harder to refute.

Thank-you for sharing.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Goathief]

Spot on

I get the feeling that most of the abrasive and debunking contributions, have not even bothered to read the whole thread.

What is it with you people? When you read a whodunit, do you skip to the last page?????

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

This is the description on another site (not utube) from yourself:
Statement with video: This is a video of me as a little kid (3 years old), on my rocking horse. And then my dad left the video camera on after I went to sleep to catch me sneaking onto the rocking horse... only to find it really wasn't me. Its a really old video we just recently got it converted to dvd so sorry for the horrible quality

This statement is totally different to what is happening in the video because you are not asleep but playing with your father in another room. Therefore I would question why the video is left on in an empty room in order to catch you playing on the horse when your father knows exactly what you are doing because he is with you.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by mckyle

Just because the wire is not seen in a very old video with poor lighting and bad focus does not mean it does not exist...just ask any magician to recreate this and it would be easy. Therefore what I am suggesting is not beyond the realms of truth.

It is however, beyond the realms of fact. There is no visible wire in the video.
No matter how much wishing you do, I'm afraid it's not going to materialise.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by MethosWare

This is the description on another site (not utube) from yourself:
Statement with video: This is a video of me as a little kid (3 years old), on my rocking horse. And then my dad left the video camera on after I went to sleep to catch me sneaking onto the rocking horse... only to find it really wasn't me. Its a really old video we just recently got it converted to dvd so sorry for the horrible quality

This statement is totally different to what is happening in the video because you are not asleep but playing with your father in another room. Therefore I would question why the video is left on in an empty room in order to catch you playing on the horse when your father knows exactly what you are doing because he is with you.

Had you bothered to read the entire thread - I know it's a lot of big words - you would have been well aware that MethosWare had already explained the discrepancy in the conflicting descriptions.

MethosWare erred in the description because he didn't actually remember the event, and so didn't have the complete story, when he posted the vid.

Honestly, how hard is it to read a 15 page thread???

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Finally, I made it through all 15 pages of this thread! May I reiterate for all those in this thread and others, PLEASE read the whole thread before posting.

Thank you for sharing this video, it looks real to me, and real creepy.

After dad leaves the room, I hear the word sloppy joe! I hear a dad cajoling his kid to eat, and some tv and pretty much dad's loud mouth(I have one too, so I understand!). I never hear a whisper, but I heard dad call someone a liar!

As for the rocking, it is very eerie. Like a kid is tentatively trying it out a few times, much like the real little tyke who was riding it.

Thank you, dww, for sharing this video, very interesting! And thank to father and son for participating.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This question has been answered many times already.

Read the damn thread.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join