It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

52,000 Bets That GE is Down The Tubes by Summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There are a lot of people out there singing the Chicken Little Song, but Karl Denninger has a way to backing things up with facts.

I noticed this astounding story:Here it Comes GE

This is what is going to happen, as I noted in BlogTalkRadio yesterday afternoon, if "The Bezzle" is not removed from our system NOW. Take a look at that folks.

That's a snapshot of today's volume for June GE $2.50 PUTs. That's over 52,000 contracts traded today, controlling 5.2 million shares. They were purchased for about 30 cents, which means that the price has to be under $2.20 for them to go "in the money".

Thats a 5.2 million share bet that GE is basically bankrupt.

GE isn't just a manufacture of Washing Machines and Jet Engines. It is a larger financial player too. Some one is betting they are in trouble, probably because of their lending activities. I suspect if one had their financial report in hand, one could see the hints of trouble.
If GE goes down the tubes, we are all in trouble. Notice Karl's

Article on March 2nd: Told You So Pensions

From Chicago Business: ""There are companies out there faced with paying their pension plan or staying in business," says Mark Ugoretz, president and CEO of the ERISA Industry Committee, a Washington, D.C., lobbying group. ERISA refers to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, which sets standards to ensure pension plans are sufficiently funded."

As the S&P Index slides lower and lower, a lot of Pension funds are in trouble. By law they must fund their pensions, if they can't they are bankrupt...

These are STILL The Good Ole' Days

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OMG that's hilarious.
Ahh.. so sad I mean. To be honest I never would have thought of GE's condition but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. This house of cards is falling just like the WTC.-(control'd demolition) ---Systemic collapse.
Buckle up babycakes! Armagehjun's 'ah comin'!
Seriously, I don't really see the difference between fractional reserve banking and derivatives and securities and whatever other kind of imagined unit of value. Anyone? I mean are derivatives just illusions of wealth like a buck or whatever?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
GE's a big name kind of like GM.

I agree they are in bad shape, but could government interfere and try to prop them up?

new topics

join