It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates says "No!" to iPhones or iPods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In the latest issue of Vogue, Bill's wife, (I call him "Bill" because we are big time Beer-Buddies!), Melinda, let it slip that "Castle Gates-enstein" is bereft of all/any iPhones and Ipods.

As per this Article

So, I am wondering, is this simply a "Business" decision, or is BG basing this call on possible "Inside Info"?

Are these things cooking more brains than other gadgets, or perhaps they contain eavesdropping tech, etc?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the tip BG!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by SumnerKagan]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have been each others arch nemesis since the very beginning.

Gates probably hates Apple as much as Jobs hates Microsoft and would only buy an Apple product so he could reverse over it in his Porsche or throw it out the window of his jet.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree that anything apple is not for me. Have you ever tried to explore a hard drive of an apple portable divice? It is really hard.

Unless you can explore your drive and change it however one desires, it is pretty much useless. And zune did not allow you to explore the hard drive either, that was its fault.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why are people surprised. Would not do his marketing team anygood to be seen boping around with an Ipod or bootting up a mac no?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There are so many paranoid factors of owning an ipod these days. -wifi radiation-remembers e-mail, contacts, private information, GPS, but the radiation ---uffda!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Yhea I know!?
It would be about the same as Gates saying 'eh some of these linux OS's ain't half bad - and you don't have to pirate them either... they are usually free'

Bill not carrying an iPod and someone writing about it? I don't blame the bloke for writing it, I blame the people that paid for that story.

I want a slice of this action... Why Boeing did not purchase Airbus A380 for executive travel, the US refused to invest in Iran's nuke weapon program. Well and so on.

edit - missed out the word not..

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Finally, Bill Gates and I have something in common !

All he needs to do now is give me some of his seeds and a silver mine or two, and we can talk business

[edit on 3-3-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have been each others arch nemesis since the very beginning.

Gates probably hates Apple as much as Jobs hates Microsoft and would only buy an Apple product so he could reverse over it in his Porsche or throw it out the window of his jet.

OR they are high fivin' each other behind the scenes and merely putting on a show for the public to ensure a competitive market, artificially inflated prices/ manipulated consumer demand (brand loyalty ie: materialistic patriotism).. like the cold war.

a "soft" war if you will.

but then again that's beyond the grasp for anyone to even ever contemplate as being reality right....

-

[edit on 3-3-2009 by prevenge]

new topics

top topics

join