It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOB Multivitamins are a good thing to take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
People talk about everything to take in BOB but I don't believe that I've seen anyone saying anything about multivitamins.

Are they part of the Mercury/Lead poisoning/Fluoride conspiracy that no one trusts them and I'm doomed because I do take multi's? /tongue in cheek/

What do experts think about having multivitamins in a BOB. Nutrition seems to be a high priority and I want that too.

Any ideas on bulk vitamins to supplement a marginal wilderness diet?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
People talk about everything to take in BOB but I don't believe that I've seen anyone saying anything about multivitamins.

Are they part of the Mercury/Lead poisoning/Fluoride conspiracy that no one trusts them and I'm doomed because I do take multi's? /tongue in cheek/

What do experts think about having multivitamins in a BOB. Nutrition seems to be a high priority and I want that too.

Any ideas on bulk vitamins to supplement a marginal wilderness diet?

A BOB should be a 72 hour bag and not much more. Your intended AO should have vitamins in place. A couple days worth of vits wouldn't hurt in a BOB.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My opinion based on extensive research and personal consumption is this:
Only buy "supplements" that are made from food. In other words, any vitamin that is made from " deriviative" or chemically altererd is a toxin to your body.

So, buy natural organic "supplements" and you should be ok!
Here is a great resouce site:

www.organicconsumers.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
My opinion based on extensive research and personal consumption is this:
Only buy "supplements" that are made from food. In other words, any vitamin that is made from " deriviative" or chemically altererd is a toxin to your body.

So, buy natural organic "supplements" and you should be ok!
Here is a great resouce site:

www.organicconsumers.org...

Thanks for the link, good site.

OP, kind of depends on where you are. For me, getting Vit C in the winter is difficult, so I do carry some tabs and some of my water enhancers have it as well. I also carry potassium, again, hard to get here in the winter.

So think of what types of supplements you may need and not find in your part of the world and toss a couple of bottles into your BOB. Better to have it and not need it right?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I always carry a half dozen or so.

I know that the research suggests they're largely useless and you're much better off getting nutrients from actual food but in high school I and a friend went up into the Adirondacks with nothing but a couple of knives and a compass and when we hit a day or two where we couldnt get enough calories and felt like we just wanted to lay around on the ground taking one of those stupid vitamins gave us more than enough energy to hike further and grab ourselves a couple more rodents to eat.

If it werent for those stupid vitamins we probably would have starved prematurely and had to cut the experiment short.

Vitamins FTW.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Personally I can't see a problem with having stress tabs and a bottle of water soluble vitamins (B&C) on hand in a crisis situations.

I have a three months supply at all times and rotate them.

If there's a bug out situation the vitamins come with me.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
grow your own herbs plants flowers fruit etc and make your own..................

new topics

top topics

join