It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbal/Natural Medicine/Neccessities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I would suggest at this time - to eat and
to get some PARSLEY and CILANTRO organic seeds for the future -

We are having some heavy metals issues in the atmosphere right now.
These two herbs will aid in riding your body of heavy metals.

with all of the Mexican food and Salsa that I make and eat I must be in the clear!

I like the idea of this thread and will keep an eye out for good information.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have found a lot of information onine about the benefits of aromatherapy and now have a plan to become more involved with that (as soon as I have the extra funds).

I have some lavender oil that I use as a calming agent, and when used after a hot bath does seem to help with pain levels..sort of.

Also, a glass of wine does help but that might not always be on hand either. Hey!! I'll look into making my own wine too! Why not!?

I also tried using rosemary for headache relief. It did work, once again, sort of. I guess herbs and such take time unlike the immediacy of prescription meds.

Thanks,
FMF

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

My husband had back surgery a couple of years ago for a slipped disc. He actually lost the feeling in his whole foot because of it. (Drop foot) He still has pain, and he's been bugging me to get him one of those inversion tables. I've ordered it for his b-day and I hope it works. If it does, I'll let you know.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

You know, funny you should mention this. My sig. other bought me one this winter but I am still trying to get used to the feeling of it and not quite trusting that it won't make things worse!

You probably know from experience that "back damaged" people are a little hesitant to aggravate the status quo...but I do appreciate the thought and would love to hear what other's have experienced for my own knowledge...

Thanks!

FMF

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Where ARE my manners, by the way!? ...

I'm sorry for his situation and hope it improves...that sounds awful.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I have ruptured and herniated discs as well as scoliosis. I was in agony for the first 6 months after my injury. I"m allergic to codeine; lortab might as well be left in the bottle for all the pain relief it gives and I refused the lifetime supply of addictive oxycontin that was offered.

Didn't want surgery and the only thing that gave me even a momentarily bit of relief was the T.E.N.S. unit which the Dr. refused to prescribe. I began to look around and try things on my own.

Several essential oils offer minor relief for disc pain (good relief for muscle pain, though). You can only legally buy a T.E.N.S. unit online if you say you are a Dr. or chiropractor. (I went with Dr.-I do have a doctorate, just not in medicine and they didn't specify that you had to be a medical doctor).

The T.E.N.S. unit and a coccyx pillow have been all I need. If I overdo on lifting I will take a Motrin but that's not often.

Hope that helps and you find relief.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just heard about a natural remedy for high blood pressure. My father has very high blood pressure and the doctors haven't been able to help him with all kinds of medicines. One of his medications runs $90.00 a month! He is not an obese man, it is unfortunately genetics and this has me a little worried. He woke up with a headache and his blood pressure was 198/97. He had been reading about apple cider vinegar and all of the testimonials on the internet. So he said what the heck and put two tablespoons in a glass of water and downed the whole thing. You can of course mix it with other juices etc, to make it taste better. Within the hour his blood pressure dropped over 40 points! He is going to continue with it to see if it really makes a difference.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I too, had a TENS unit for awhile. It did help some but eventually became ineffective. I'm glad to hear it is working fr you though!

I have started, this week, going into therapy wth the pain psychologist on staff at the pain clinic.
She started some breathing techniques to lower stress, and we will likely expand into other areas as the sessions progress. I felt a lot calmer when I left and tried the rest of the day to breathe slow and deep when the pain started to creep up. The idea is that your body will start to create another response, other than pain, when triggered by stress or the physical inducers of pain. (did I explain that right?
).

Anyway, I am glad to hear from someone who has found their own relief..I'm still looking into aromatherapy solutions, and other alternatives.

Have a peaceful weekend!
Breathe deep!
FMF

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
HERBS FOR MEN

Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH):
Pumpkin
Bee pollen
Buchu
Couchgrass
Chaste tree
Nettle
Pygeum
Horse chestnut
Saw palmetto

Increase athletic performance &/or stamina:
Androstenediol
Angelica (cream applied 1 hour "prior" prevents premature ejaculation)
Inosine
Schisandra
Siberian ginseng
Carnitine

Erectile dysfunction:
DHEA
Arginine
Bee pollen
Chaste tree
Sassafras
Saw palmetto
Yohimbe

Aphrodesiac:
Clary
Nutmeg
Pau D'arco
Damiana
Pybeum
Jambel
Sassafras
Tonka bean
Yohimbe

Treats prostate cancer:
Beta carotene
Nettle

Sperm and Testerone:
Androstenediol-increases testosterone
Coffee-heavy consumption decreases number of motile sperm.
Gossypol-spermicide
Saw palmetto-increases sperm count
Astragalus-increases sperm motility

Hemorrhoids:
Bilberry
Avens
Beth root
Horse chestnut

Please familiarize yourself with any substance you put in or on your body. Know the correct doses, contraindications, side effects, etc.

The only ones I can see being essential in SHTF scenario would be the contraceptive or extra athletic performance ones but I'm not a guy so maybe the other ones are "must have" for a guy. Hopefully the information will be of some use at some point between now and sit x.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join