It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unplugged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If there is already a thread about this subject then please direct me to it and close this thing!! But i searched and i couldn't find it.....

I'm working on a list of best unplugged/live recordings ever and i really wasn't planning on listening to all of them 'cause that would take me all year.
Now my taste in music is pretty broad and i don't care if it's CCR, Paul Simon, Smokey Robinson ,Pearljam ,Metallica ,Phil Collins or whatever...

It's the quality of the unplugged/live recording.

I mean i used to be a Guns&Roses fan (way back in the eighties) but after having seens a live preformance that was pretty quick cured (slash still rules!!!) ,but seeing a live performance by Metallica just made a bigger fan.

I recently heard a unplugged version of "in the air tonight" by Phil Collins (even better than the original) and that made me wanna put a list together of all the best quality live performers out there...

So some help would be highly appreciated, what is your favorite??

Thanks and peace

(i apologize in advance for all the typos this post contains. A star for every error spotted!!)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ocean Colour Scene spring to mind.

They're a fantastic live band anyway, and having been to a couple of unplugged gigs they've done, I can say that they are my favorite 'unplugged' band.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ohh man,

How could i forget The Eagles!!!

The just did a tour (06-2008) were i live and i'm so glad i had tickets to go and see them. That was one of the best live performance i have ever seen....

Thanks for helping me out here!!..

I actually love The Corrs and right now i'm uploading (
don't tell, if i like it i'll buy the album, i promise) a couple of songs from the Ocean Colour Scene 'cause i don't really know them.....

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is an acoustic crew that is way to hip for words.
www.youtube.com...

years ago I had the plesure to sit in with Dan

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for tip!!!

These are exactly the little gems i was unaware of. I realy enjoyed that YouTube sample. It's on my list!!

Ps: ever since discovering Yellowcard i have a whole new perspective on the violin in modern music.....

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Check this out.....www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join