It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Live In A Great Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I live in a great country. Many opportunities to work. The downside is that temp agencies rarely pay enough to survive. The upside, you value money even more and don't splurge it on junk.

I live in a great country. The rent is raising continuously. The downside is that I may soon be homeless, but the upside is that I may get an opportunity to get back to nature.

I live in a great country. You usually work for a pittance. The downside is that you need more jobs. The upside is that you will never get bored. Even suicide doesn't fit into the tight schedule if you get depressed. But hey ...

I live in great country. Everyone wants you to work for them. Therefore you usually get employed by temp agencies. The perk is unique. You will never stay in the same company for long and so you can travel most of the time. The downside is that you can hardly be on ATS, but hey - with just a pittance of a wage you cannot afford Internet anyway. So why would you like to be at home?

I live in a great country. The government doesn't give a # how you are doing. The upside is that it makes me feel so independent. The downside is that I know that I am lying to myself.

I live in a great country. We can buy food everywhere, but the downside is that I cannot afford it. But hey, the upside is that that stuff makes you fat anyway. Good to stay in shape, huh?

I live in a great country. We have got freedom of speech, but the downside is that I have to be silent, because someone may feel offended. The upside is that the police will take you quicky and put you into a comfy cell. The perk is that it keeps the nutters from you.

I live in a great country. Everyone wants to know what I am doing and they record everything. My Internet connections, phone call, etc. - the downside is that I feel a bit controlled, but the upside is that it protects me from the terrorists.

I live in a great country. We are multicultural in this country. The upside is that I have plenty of opportunities to learn foreign languages. The downside is if I ask them to speak my language I am called a racist.

I live in a great country. If you go out, you might get beaten up. The downside is that if you defend yourself, you may get sued for physical assault. The upside is that it makes you harder.

I live in a great country. If I want to have a decent job, I only have to learn and then apply for a job to get one. The downside is that you never get a job without work experience or you are never good enough. The upside is that you can blame yourself of your incompetence. That way you will always have a modest lifestyle.

I live in a great country. We are now in the EU. The upside is that we can work everywhere. The downside is the above-mentioned problems are everywhere too.

… in deep thoughts ...

Greetings

[edit on 3-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow. Until the end, I thought you were speaking of MY great country...the US of A.

Excellent post. Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Wow. Until the end, I thought you were speaking of MY great country...the US of A.

Excellent post. Thanks for that.

If my understanding is correct, I think he is speaking of US of A only that he migrated to EU.

I've only been to USA for six months, and left on September 2008. Funny, only weeks before the economy started tumbling down. Had tons of fun while in USA, so I think it's a great country. A place I can die for even if it's not my own

[edit on 3-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Thank you for reading and your reply.

I presume that it's not much different in the US, but I have only been there once.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
If my understanding is correct, I think he is speaking of US of A only that he migrated to EU.

I really don't know how you came to that conclusion. Sorry.

Originally posted by ahnggk
I've only been to USA for six months, and left on September 2008. Funny, only weeks before the economy started tumbling down. Had tons of fun while in USA, so I think it's a great country. A place I can die for even if it's not my own

6 months? I wonder what the people say who live there. If they "who" have to live there in poverty also share your "had tons of fun" thing.

Greetings

[edit on 4-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i live in a great country,it's has a great history but most of it is a tissue of lies
they stole and killed and lied and lied....

i think we live in the same country

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter

I presume that it's not much different in the US, but I have only been there once.

So where do you live?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I also thought you were talking about the USA - I guess that shows my being "quick to assume." Thank you for that
You're right - these problems are everywhere....

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yes, but it is normal to assume something quickly. It is all part and result of the programming we have been exposed to since birth, and I am not sure how many ATS members (incl. myself) are really aware despite their "Deny Ignorance" avatars and other funny things, that they actually act just the way the system wants them to act/react and behave.

The thread is a damn good example, because until the end of the it, when I mentioned that I live in the EU, many people most likely identified it as "their" country without even possibly considering that other people also have problems. Now, anyone who has learned something out of it can observe his or her judgements in the future.

Programming ...

... how many times are we wrong when we judge, condemn, assume, ... just on the basis of belief/perception?

Peace.

Greetings

PS: We may not sit in the same boat, but we are about to drown in the same water. (TheWriter)

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh
i live in a great country,it's has a great history but most of it is a tissue of lies
they stole and killed and lied and lied....

i think we live in the same country

We live under the shadow of NWO. All of us.

Being proper and adding this line.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yes, but it is normal to assume something quickly. It is all part and result of the programming we have been exposed to since birth, and I am not sure how many ATS members (incl. myself) are really aware despite their "Deny Ignorance" avatars and other funny things, that they actually act just the way the system wants them to act/react and behave.

I am surprised to find the numbers who are awake or waking up here on ATS. In the world at large...not so much. I can very easily choose to frustrate over this, and now and then find myself making that choice.

But even here, a number still slumber.

The thread is a damn good example, because until the end of the it, when I mentioned that I live in the EU, many people most likely identified it as "their" country without even possibly considering that other people also have problems. Now, anyone who has learned something out of it can observe his or her judgements in the future.

I agree I fell into the assumption. But I also, once realizing the "error of my ways," realized that it came as no surprise to me that it looked about the same over there. I suspect it is dark everywhere.

Programming ...

Agreed. Though when assuming an offered perspective in the written word, one is never sure how much of ones self one should change, and so, much of one's self travels along as is, until data show differently.

It's more how one chooses to think about one's discovery of data that is indicative of full programming.

... how many times are we wrong when we judge, condemn, assume, ... just on the basis of belief/perception?

Just curious on what scale you want this on? Per lifetime? Per week? On a daily basis? [grin] Ok, just kiddin'. Point taken. [smile]

PS: We may not sit in the same boat, but we are about to drown in the same water. (TheWriter)

I can't argue that one one whit.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I am surprised to find the numbers who are awake or waking up here on ATS. In the world at large...not so much. I can very easily choose to frustrate over this, and now and then find myself making that choice.

I know that what I am now writing is provoking another reply (LOL). Oh darn it, I have already written too much

Anyway, ...
... just the insulting, ridiculing comments from a few members in the "McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police" thread show me that "deny ignorance" and awakening is a bit far-fetched.

I must question if ATS/BTS with its motto "deny ignorance" really pursues this goal, when such threads are kept open. It is one thing to have opinions, but another one to ridicule or insult.

I need to go back to my studies. Checking in later again.

Greetings

PS: Thank you for your great comments.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I know that what I am now writing is provoking another reply (LOL). Oh darn it, I have already written too much

Well... You're right. [smile] But isn't that the point of a forum? Isn't that its boon as well as its bane?

Nice to meet you, by the way.

Anyway, ...

... just the insulting, ridiculing comments from a few members in the "McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police" thread show me that "deny ignorance" and awakening is a bit far-fetched.

Ah, I know. There are many that spoil it for the rest. But to be frank, I looked at that thread title and figured that I had all the data I needed, figuring that it was an amusing occurrence and has value for that reason, it wasn't something that really nailed an important issue.

Sure, we should not make frivolous calls to our emergency services, but when we do, we "punish" (I hate that word! LOL!) legally. No big deal.

It seemed to me such an unimportant aspect of life. I guess I missed any fires that were lit in that thread.

Anyway, I tend to laugh off such comments. They are forgiven because they are only at the fringe of the process. I can see the many who are further along aplenty.

I must question if ATS/BTS with its motto "deny ignorance" really pursues this goal, when such threads are kept open. It is one thing to have opinions, but another one to ridicule or insult.

I might suggest that the boards don't control the comments and content (beyond deletion and specifically defined edits), and we can expect there to be many out in the cyberworld who are conditioned still. BTS I pretty much ignore except on the rare occasion a thread I have been posting to is moved down there.

ATS has its faults, but mostly these surround the issue of not being able to please everyone all the time. If there was ridicule or insult, the Mods should have been alerted. ATS strives to keep such behavior to a minimum, but it is not a police force. The citizens have a duty. [smile]

I need to go back to my studies. Checking in later again.

Looking forward. [smile]

PS: Thank you for your great comments.

And thanks for yours!

new topics

top topics

join