It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Puts America on Collision Course with Israel as She Pledges to Press for Palestinian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton Puts America on Collision Course with Israel as She Pledges to Press for Palestinian State

www.dailymail.co.uk

Hillary Clinton put America on a collision course with Israel today after pledging to press for a Palestinian state.
The U.S. Secretary of State's position brings her into conflict with the Israeli Prime Minister-designate Benjamin Netanyahu.

Although Netanyahu has spoken of Palestinian self-government, he has shied away from a two-state solution to the Middle East conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Suspend military aid to Israel, Amnesty urges Obama after detailing US weapons used in Gaza

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Israel exerts not only political pressure. As well, just look at the banking structure and entertainment industries. There are so many American dollars controlled by Israeli interests and supporters, that it's a tough tie to break and what appears, to me at least, as a one-way street.

Shimon Peres confirmed the hawkish Benjamin Netanyahu as his prime minister after last month's close election.
Netanyahu supports expansion of existing Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank, a policy strongly opposed by Washington.

Netanyahu, clashed often with former president Bill Clinton, the Secretary of State's husband. You may recall how peace talks brokered by President Clinton broke down in 2000, his final year in office, and a new wave of violence swept the region.
Discussions were revived during the Bush administration in late 2007 but stalled over violence, settlement-building and disputes over other core issues such as the future of Jerusalem and Palestinian refugees.

Is this a sign of things to come?

Isn’t Obama showing the hand he kept close to his vest, but hinted at, during the campaign and general election?

I’m no Zionist, but isn’t Israel our only ally in the Middle East?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
God, we're turning into W. Europe.

I recall Obama saying he would support a divided Jerusalem, while he was campaigning. One half would be the Jewish capital, the other for the Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Pay more attention to the action Obama(Clinton) takes rather than the words.

This could very well be manipulated to look like the US and Israel are at odds when in reality they are just scratching each others back.

Who is Obama's Chief of Staff again?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He's showing his true colors, a little at a time. Despite his rhetoric, his actions will bear out his disdain.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Pay more attention to the action Obama(Clinton) takes rather than the words.
Who is Obama's Chief of Staff again?

Emmanuel was in the Clinton administration when ties got strained. I think RH's allegiance is stronger to the agenda than to religion.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Our only ally , Take Israel out of the equation, America would have no enemies in the middle east

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Because of the strong financial ties, Israel will always be in "the equation." We may no longer be as beholden to their whines and gripes, but there'll always be ties and enemies.

I doubt the enemies would disappear if we disavowed all interest in Israel today. Too many hard feelings too deeply entrenched.

And a Palestinian State won't appease anyone either, not even many Palestinians!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I agree with you, too many burnt bridges to go back now, We are saddled with a Imperial ally in the Middle East, who will because of their actions, we will see a lot more American Flags on coffins

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Bahh.. only smoke and mirrors, before long there will be more rockets attacks or worse from the Hamas fallowed by an iron fisted response from Israel . The dance continues .

[edit on 3-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
that part of the picture will never change, regardless of the US relationship with Israel.

In my opinion.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by jdub297]

top topics

join