It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Farmer's Markets! Your backyard garden could be next

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
H.R. 875
SEC. 203. PREVENTIVE PROCESS CONTROLS TO REDUCE ADULTERATION OF FOOD.
(b)
(4) to implement recordkeeping to monitor compliance with regulatory requirements;
(5) to implement recordkeeping and labeling of all food and food ingredients to facilitate their identification and traceability in the event of a recall or market removal;
(6) to implement product and environmental sampling at a frequency and in a manner sufficient to ensure that process controls are effective on an ongoing basis and that regulatory standards are being met;
(7) to label food intended for final processing outside commercial food establishments with instructions for handling and preparation for consumption that will destroy microbial contaminants; and
(8) to provide for agency access to records kept by the food establishments and submission of copies of records to the Administrator, as the Administrator determines appropriate.

SEC. 207. FEDERAL AND STATE COOPERATION.
(c) Improving State Surveillance Capacity- The Administrator, in collaboration with the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, shall improve capacity for surveillance in the States by--
(1) supporting outbreak investigations with needed specialty expertise, including epidemiological, microbiological, and environmental expertise, to assist identification of underlying common sources and contributing factors;
(2) identifying, disseminating, and supporting implementation of model practices at the State and local level for--
(A) facilitating rapid shipment of clinical isolates from clinical laboratories to State public health laboratories to avoid delays in testing;
(B) conducting rapid and more standardized interviewing of cases associated with major enteric pathogens, including prior to designation of clusters as food-borne illness outbreaks;
(C) conducting and evaluating rapid and standardized interviews of healthy control persons;
(D) sharing information on a timely basis--
(i) within public health and food regulatory agencies;
(ii) among such agencies;
(iii) with the food industry;
(iv) with healthcare providers; and
(v) with the public;
(3) developing, regularly updating, and disseminating training curricula on food-borne illness surveillance investigations, including standard sampling methods and laboratory procedures;
(4) integrating new molecular diagnostic tools for parasites into web-based consultation services for parasitic infections to accelerate the identification of these food-borne infectious agents;

SEC. 208. IMPORTS.
(i) Enforcement- The Administrator may--
(1) deny importation of food from any foreign country if the government of such country does not permit United States officials to enter the foreign country to conduct such audits and inspections as may be necessary to fulfill requirements under this section;

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I heard on a broadcast show recently that 80% of the processed food in stores is genetically modified. I have bought primarily organic food for 25 years -
in early years because of not wanting fungicides, pesticides and herbicide residues
or the chemical fertilizer fix on my vittles.

THE USDA RECEIVED 200,000 comments when setting the organic standards a few years ago.

Visit PercySchmeiser.com to see how this hard working farmer and his wife went to battle in Canada against Monsanto. Hearing him speak locally twice, I have given him a couple of donations after hearing his story.

He says Monsanto goons were spying on his family. They offered a leather jacket to anyone who would turn in a fellow farmer who may have been growing the Round-Up ready canola seed without paying Monsanto! They tried to turn the small farm community into a distrustful townl

Percy had spent 35 years developing organic canola seed that thrived in the cold Saskatchewan winters. Then Monsanto seed contaminated his fields and he ended up having to go to court; read the moving bar across the top of his site to see that he was awarded some money and ultimately came to an out of court settlement with Monsanto.

He received the 2007 award for Right Livelihood for fighting for the rights of small farmers.

His 35 years of savings - $150,000 - had been wiped out with legal fees et al when I heard him many years ago.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by EarthShine]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

REGARDING SEEDS: may I recommend
Seed Savers Exchange also

PeaceSeeds.com

...a planetary gene pool service operated by Dr. Alan Kapuler aka Mushroom in Oregon for many years. This is an excellent site with the genius wisdom of Al who was one of the top 10 science students at Yale and received his Ph.D from Rockefeller U. before he dropped out of mainstream science and did PUBLIC DOMAIN seed development. he is truly an agricultural wizard. Read some of his essays. He was the seed geneticist for the largest organic seed company, Seeds of Change, for 11 years. He is truly the
shaman of organic agriculture.

and you can also find numerous up to date sources of organic seeds at

OMRI.org - an organization in Eugene
that certifies products that can be used on organic farms.

You can type in any veggie - or scroll down the long list- to find current sources of the organic seed.

Seeds of Change is also an excellent source of organic seeds.

The laws for organic farmers changed a few years ago in that if organic seed is available, a farmer is supposed to use it rather than conventionally grown seeds.

The book SEEDS OF DECEPTION is required reading for learning about the background of GM shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I do have a piece of advice for anyone interested in this, and who is interested in having some food for you and your family....

Buy seeds for whatever vegies you, and your family enjoy to eat now that you still can.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A few people, British Zionists, with wealth in the 500s of trillion$, want us dead or want us obedient slaves. Their goals of depopulation are stated, taught in universities, propagandized throughout their controlled media, indoctirnated heavily into our children in the government schools (which they also control the curriculum for those) -- and it's carved in stone on the Georgia Guidestones in Elberton, Georgia."

more like sionists i think... protocols of sion...priory of sion... i think the jews are scapegoats too. just like the bankers are and the illuminati. it goes higher than all of them.. and it was around before the rothschilds..
do you know that the outbreaks of the bubonic plague in history worldwide were preceeded by ufo sightings and strange 'signs in the sky' (holograms?) or in some cases, strange people dressed as grim reapers seemingly 'reaping wheat' in the local fields with scythes but htey didnt cut anything and the 'scythes' made a whirring sound it think.. this was then followed by a strange mist or fog' and anyone in it got the plague. always the same mist or fog. and this was what they believed brought the sickness.. maybe they were right. how do we spread biological disease,/germ warfare today? via a mist or fog..

see: the gods of eden by william bramley and rule by secrecy by jim marrs..if youre interested. (both on amazon)

just to be clear, i think the bankers are actually working at the behest of 'unknown superiors' as do many in secret socieites/etc - and they make a lot of money and dont care how many people die. so they arent pleasant people. but i think it goes higher and deeper than bankers.

just my opinion..

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

You said

Cargill had nothing to do with this. ADM, yes. Where are your sources that tell you Cargill is doing this? I am close to this company and have seen them do nothing but help small operations.

Dan Amstutz former VP of Cargill, wrote the World Trade Organization Agreement on Ag ratified in 1995.

This changed US food safety for the worse. "free Trade" "Risk Assessment" " traceability" HACCP were sitting in the wings to be implimented.

1993 Published International HACCP guidelines developed by the Codex Alimentarius n, a joint Programme of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)and the World Health Organization (WHO). revised in 1997. FAO

September, 1995, USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service presented a 600-page document Farm-To-Table - control of every step in the food chain from production to home preparation. HACCP Alliance.org

TextPathogen Reduction/Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Systems rule, on July 25, 1996 Under the HACCP rule, industry is responsible for assessing potential food safety hazards and systematically preventing and controlling those hazards. FSIS is responsible for verifying that establishments’ HACCP systems are working .FSIS USDA

This is the origins of the current bill and ALL the Corporations were a part of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The National Animal ID System has been in the drafting stage for several years, a heinous piece of legislation.

nonais.org...
see sample letters and background at above site

and

the white paper that just came out in March 09
nicfa.com...

The USDA's NAIS would require PREMISE REGISTRATION of any property where even a single farm animal is kept and microchipping or RFID of animals, penalties attached for violations.

Small farms will not be able to comply and the cost of food would rise, the paper states.

When I read about this years ago, I noted that a woman working for the GOV bemoaned HOW MUCH WORK IT WAS to try to locate EVERY SMALL FARM in the USA so that they could be notified if the act passed.

Where is Paul Revere when we need him?

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Oh, his horse was chipped and not allowed out the gate....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yep this all fits in with whats happening to food in Australia.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I just noticed that this issue is being picked-up by at least one other alt-news outlet: whatreallyhappened.com

Good for them. We need to keep this moving.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I finally found a very good article that explains the food safety problems, GMO, Animal ID and the rest of the mess.

Two years later in 1994 the US voted to join a permanent trade body, the WTO. Unlike GATT, the WTO would be given tough sanction and enforcement powers. More important, decision making would be secret, with no oversight. The most vital issues of economic life on the planet were to be decided behind closed doors. WTO and the Politics of Food

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Picao84

The European Union is not included and it is ONLY the USA????

That is what you think. They were just saving the USA, Canada, Australia and the EU for last. Our subsidized grains are being used to drive third world farmers off their land first. When that's done we are next and the time is now.

I suggest you read
The WTO and the Politics of GMO

Report of meeting in Brussels (remove farmers)

Outlawing of Heritage seed by EU

The death of UK farming:

History of UK 2001 foot & mouth disease (a must read. It is the true story of the destruction of UK farming)
” Under the worldwide rules set by the OIE, a country can recover its disease-free status either three months after the end of the very last recorded outbreak, or 12 months after it has completed a vaccination programme. In this instance, if Britain had completed a vaccination programme in April 2001, and there had been no further recorded outbreaks, she could have recovered full trading status in April 2002...." this is why millions of healthy animals including irreplacable heritage breeds were slaughtered
Warmwell

These are only a few of the sources showing TPTB want control of the world food supply.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

I did my own searching on this subject and haven't found anything for information on the government telling use we can't have farms or private gardens

I am afraid your research was not very in depth. Do you really think the corporations behind these bills would write them in a way the ordinary person could see what they are up to, especially since there are several groups watching their every move??

Look at the Animal Welfare Act and note there are specific exemptions like livestock. If it is NOT specifically exempted it is covered and the USDA is getting down right nasty. Henshaw Incident

In regards to pets
HR 875
uses "animals" and then "animals raised for food" there are no exclusions noted.  The Animal Welfare Act had exclusions for livestock and people raising three or less litters of puppies a year. Therefore pets are not excluded.

"set good practice standards to protect the public and animal health and promote food safety"
AND
"conduct monitoring and surveillance of animals, plants, products, or the environment, as appropriate"
AND
with respect to animals raised for food, minimum standards related to the animal's health, feed, and environment which bear on the safety of food for human consumption;

In regards to gardens:
The Feds Already have plans for controlling food "FROM FARM TO FORK" including home preparation, since
September, 1995 when USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service presented a 600-page document Farm-To-Table - control of every step in the food chain from production to home preparation. HACCP Alliance Please note WTO Agreement on Ag was ratified in 1995. This is a Long term plan.

HR 875
"require each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards;"

"include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water"

"include, with respect to animals raised for food, minimum standards related to the animal's health, feed, and environment which bear on the safety of food for human consumption;"

"set good practice standards to protect the public and animal health and promote food safety"
The bill specifically states it covers commerce with in state but again there is no exclusion for food raised for home use.

This is a real life example of what to expect:
"....We currently have only 2 does in milk but share the pasteurized goat milk with family and friends. We have never sold raw or pasteurized milk or products  in any form. I do teach children to milk, pasteurize, make cheeses, cajeta, ice cream, etc. I have also “given” milk to others to feed their goat kids, to make their own cheese etc. I even make cheese to share and give to friends and family and take to potlucks etc. (Gosh.. I must be a real criminal)

Today a state Ag inspector and two county officials show up and scare the bee-jesus out of me. First they accuse me of selling products and milk, then explain that even “giving milk products away” is illegal in California. Now everything is pasteurized, but it is illegal to share milk products in any form! They explained it was even ILLEGAL to give it to my own children if they did not live under my roof! I can’t even take a lasagna dish to my grown sons home without risk of being fined, arrested and or jailed! This is OUTRAGIOUS!!!!....."  Donna Tue Aug 12, 2008

More stories on Feds raiding farms and co-ops Lists of Raids on farms and Co-ops

This tells the story behind all of these bills:
“...in 1994 the US voted to join a permanent trade body, the WTO. Unlike GATT, the WTO would be given tough sanction and enforcement powers. More important, decision making would be secret, with no oversight. The most vital issues of economic life on the planet were to be decided behind closed doors..." The next target is US food production. 
The WTO and The Politics of GMO

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
How close are we to this actually happening? The consolidation by the Zionists is happening so fast, it's hard to keep up with everything. We are being attacked on all fronts. Congress doesn't read or know what they are passing, and how can we keep up with it all?

Alex Jones stays up half the night trying to keep on top of all this and he can't either.

At least people are starting to really wake up. I hope and pray it's not too late to stop the Zionists from carrying out their diabolical plans to create a Fourth Reich with us dead and them micromanaging the few remaining slaves.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is exceptionally close to fruition. Just look at some of the other legislation that is ripping through the house and senate chambers. The powers-that-be see the current state of things as a perfect target-of-opportunity to ram-through all their nasty agenda items because almost everyone else is preoccupied with the economy. Look at this thread or this thread as perfect examples.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Well they could always if they wanted to put some control on people selling produce they have grown to the public.
But they can not put any control on you eating it yourself.

Really? I think they have already stopped us from growing a certain plant for our own consumption. They could do the same for any other that would "save us from hurting ourselves". And letting mega farms produce an alternative for us

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Well they could always if they wanted to put some control on people selling produce they have grown to the public.
But they can not put any control on you eating it yourself.

Yes, they can. In Soviet Russia, people were not allowed to own land. Millions starved to death. All it takes is another law, and the freedom in US is degrading day by day...

If you speak against them, and you become effective enough, they will kill you. As simple as that. Or they will put you to jail for a 100 years.

I am Greek Orthodox, and our true priests (very few left of those, most are now under the control of the Roman pope) say that we should just take care of our souls, and the Supreme Power will take care of our enemies. The way I see it, in the past people were better than we are today, yet evil bankers still ruled the world. So I am not sure. I consider myself a smart individual, but I cannot figure out this one. I just don't know how will humanity respond to these monsters...if at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Update -

Obama is Considering Monsanto Shill Michael Taylor to Head New Food Safety Working Group. Yes - THAT Monsanto...

Now is this starting to make sense to everyone?

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join