It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Farmer's Markets! Your backyard garden could be next

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
So the day the city official comes to your door to tell you to tear your garden down what are you going to do? Comply or find out where this joker lives?

You know the people that write these bills are not the ones that are going to be enforcing it. They will send some bureaucrat to your door. A nice chat with a few farmers and this bureaucrat will go away.

It doesn't take a genius to see how absurd something like this will spin out of control. We freak out when they go after our guns. What do you think will happen when they go after the farmers and garden growers which is our food?

They do that and those writing these types of laws are in mortal danger....

If I were you I would do like I am going to do... Plant my backyard as I always do. When they come to my door I will chat them up very nicely...

I am not so sure they will be that nice about it.

All they have to do is drop some toxic pest or pesticide over your garden and it will either kill your crop or render it inedible.

They are already poisoning our air why would they hesitate to destroy our food supply.

Your only options will be Soylent Green or Quietus; both available at your local government market.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the online petition! You and I posted it at the same time. LOL.

If you have the time and don't mind putting your info down - this is a good start.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

The real battle is spiritual Salt, not against any bloodline or political movement. Yes, Satan has his 'chosen', because he is the great counterfeiter and bastardizes whatever God does. It's important that we know our true enemy though, and that is Satan and his spiritual brethren, not his earthly servants.

I believe that we should fight on every level; spiritual, political and physical if necessary. Let’s not forget that our fellow man can repent and be saved though. And that should be our first focus: to share the truth with others so that they might come to see the truth and be saved. It’s ours to do the sharing, it’s God’s to do the saving.

Wikipedia (I know that the best or most reliable of sources)
1 . "mon" is a tool for monitoring the availability of services, and sending alerts on prescribed events. Services are defined as anything tested by a "monitor" program, which can be something as simple as pinging a system, or as complex as analyzing the results of an application-level transaction.

2. Mon may refer to any symbol, while kamon and mondokoro refer specifically to family symbols. Mon serve roughly similar functions to badges, crests, and coats of arms in European heraldry.

Dictionary:
Santo means "saint" in Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

Now you have to ask yourself just who do you think is their God and if they are doing his bidding, then why are we worshiping at the foot of their God.

We commune with their God every time we give them even one cent of our dollars. Their God is a Goliath but we can all be David and bring this beast down with our little stones.

We see, we complain, we maintain and reinforce our own prisons.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
It's not as far-fetched as it may sound.

...We have slowly been ramping-up our locally-grown produce capabilities, thereby taking money from the coffers of the mega-farms. We grow things organically, the way nature intended and on our own time. Now, in the interest of "Food Safety", the ability to sell the literal 'fruits of our labors' is in jeopardy.

Link to story:

Thanks shrike071. Flagged and starred.

I was going to post on this one, but left it too long.

My conundrum: I strongly believe in the need for regulation -especially as it applies to corporate activities in drug development, and food production.

We are in an evolutionary crisis - and new diseases are developing all the time. So -

Can we protect ourselves AND our small farmers and local food supplies too? How? Can we apply different rules and regs to corporations? ...Why not?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is a curious issue because its only happening in USA.. in a general manner the politics defended by the EU are precisely go back to the origins and make some "urban farms"..
I dont want to start a flame between capitalist state and a social one.. but here you have it on one small issue.. USA being capitalist is favoring the big corps like Monsanto.. EU being more social oriented is trying to carry on politics where everyone gains in a sustainable development context..

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
/Nothing/ makes me angrier than the manipulation of the food supply.

Yep , ever since we started agriculture around 5,000 years ago I have been saying this!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Well they could always if they wanted to put some control on people selling produce they have grown to the public.
But they can not put any control on you eating it yourself.

They could always try that but I doubt it would work. Can you imagine the insane uproar it would create.

Are these federal laws? Places like Michigan where I live would exempt ourselves. We reserve rights not directly granted to the federal pigs... Or something like that.

Anyway, we have way too many farmers in this state for the feds to have that kind of pull....

You would see a mass protest with the politicians getting whacked with tomatoes...

They have been doing htis already, without the law on their side. Now they are getting the laws drawn up that will give them the right and the duty to do it.

They've been raiding people all over the country, and I know they have. Remember the story a year ago of the family that had a food co-op, and the bureacrats came in, held the family at gunpoint for an entire day, walked out of the house with their computers and other stuff, and all their food plus the food for the co-op members?

Most people eat their frankenfood and don't care. So the rest of us are going to have to learn how to forage for roots and weeds if we want organic food. Either that, or throw off the Federal Reserve which owns our government top to bottom, get the foreign British Zionist banksteres out of our American life, print our own freaking money, get some honest people in government who respect the Constitution, and see if we can get the military to switch loyalty from the banksters to the people. Don't know if that's possible.

Otherwise, get out your Bible and start getting right with God because our days are very numbered and very troubled ahead.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There may be enough of a backlash to this that the bill can be killed. First off,this should be a states' decision.

Here is my personal response, the commerical farmers have been doing such a bang up job lately? that we should eradicate small farms? salmonella anyone?

As far as I am concerned, that is enough to shoot the bill down.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But they're trying to outlaw our independence, aren't they? I see that as being partially what this bill is doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We can still barder, and with the the falling dollar, it is the better way to go.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
There may be enough of a backlash to this that the bill can be killed. First off,this should be a states' decision.

Here is my personal response, the commerical farmers have been doing such a bang up job lately? that we should eradicate small farms? salmonella anyone?

As far as I am concerned, that is enough to shoot the bill down.

Oh, no, they will say it's the backyard gardener, the organic gardener who is spreading all the germs, using manure. You see?

That's what all the lettuce recall was about, with the e-coli. Weren't the lettuce pickers pooping on the lettuce or something?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Screw them! farmer's markets are already regulated far too much! And people were complaning about the loss of liberty BEFORE. Hope nothing bad happens here.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link for this bill? I would like to see it to see what the arguement is.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Is this really a bad thing? You would have to admit that people will do anything to make money. This could not be good if there are people that are out there taking short steps to make a buck. The possibilities in that can be frightening. So I can see that certain measures and guidelines are in place so you don't happen to start mutating into something you ate.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Resistor

If everyone would save themselves, and know that THEY have the power to do so, and not ask some "phantom in the sky" to do it for them, this world would be a lot better off. Its called self control. Its called controlling your mind and taking charge of your life and your actions.

Religion teaches that humans are sinners by birth. This is not true. They CHOOSE their own path. And what is sin anyways. It all depends on one's interpretation of a line between "right" and "wrong". So many humans want to believe in a higher power, when the power is already in them.

Save yourselves and your own minds, don't depend on some outside force to do it for you.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Great post and I totally agree. I did a thread that has a documentary called "The Fourth World War" that should be watched by everyone if you want to know how we need to and have been fighting them.

This is our world

Good luck to us all.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I did my own searching on this subject and haven't found anything for information on the governement telling use we can't have farms or private gardens. From some of the readings I have gone through it would appear the gov will be regulating imported foods ( ie. from china )
www.cspinet.org...
www.nationalaglawcenter.org...

thomas.loc.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nothing new here...
Time to take back this god damn country...I am sick and tired of being abused.
There has to be a silver lining in all of this.....Revolution will happen...
It's only a matter of time...only a matter of time..

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

There may be enough of a backlash to this that the bill can be killed.

The problem is - if we kill the bill, we ALSO remove the controls on corporations, not just the effects on small farmers.

There has to be a mechanism that legally separates large food production corporations from small farmers, to allow different rules and regs.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

A few people, British Zionists, with wealth in the 500s of trillion$, want us dead or want us obedient slaves. Their goals of depopulation are stated, taught in universities, propagandized throughout their controlled media, indoctirnated heavily into our children in the government schools (which they also control the curriculum for those) -- and it's carved in stone on the Georgia Guidestones in Elberton, Georgia.

Do not mistake the Georgia Guidestones for some so called Zionist/NWO scheme. This is a monument to the end of time. It's the Rosetta stone for future civilizations. This depopulation event is of heavenly origin, something humans have no control over.

Back to the topic at hand. Controlling the food supply is a surefire way to control the masses. These bills are atrocities, and should never stand. Genetically modified supercrops are far from being safe. Don't let them try to say it's because of "public safety" or some other excuse. Human's have been consuming nature's bounties for thousands of years without ill effects, but now suddenly it's somehow become unhealthy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join