It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: 100,000 foot soldiers in Mexican cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This is crazy. Not only has the US ignored this growing problem, its looks like were the source of the guns. As a resident of San Diego, I am glad I am armed, although not as well as the cartels.

This is just another looming problem that needs to be addressed TODAY.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Haha, I totally read the Header wrongly!! That was a serious brain stumper, and the mental image on top of it!!

I always thought helping them by sending them weapons and money to get weapons was a bad idea, it's a growing problem, and won't stop until their stopped. If we plan on night fighting head on I understand, but at least do damage control and put up a border instead of waiting for american citizens (taxpayers and voters) to die until it's "Bad enough" to act.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Very interesting to say the least if this estimation of their strength levels turns out to be true. I am interested as to why there is so much ignorance on this issue. There is seemingly a media blackout by the rest of the MSM on this topic. I say spread the word about this.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

A U.S. counterterrorism official said, however, that the severity of the crisis was bringing the U.S. and Mexican governments closer and that the CIA will work closely with Mexico if asked for guidance. "Both countries have a common interest in clamping down on the cartels, and that has shaved away some of the underlying historical tensions in what has long been a close relationship with Mexico," said the official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named. "The Mexicans understand - perhaps more so than at any time in recent memory - that we are genuine about taking these people on."

From the Times article. That's what I find laughable. That the CIA is trying so hard for some reason to get us to believe that they are against the cartels and want to stop them. As if they knew we were onto what they've been up to (trafficking drugs for profit).

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am honestly not surprised. The saying "Crime Pays" comes into play here. People are joining these drug cartels because they are actually getting paid unlike their lousy corrupt government that steals money.

new topics

top topics

join